live from the caribbean princess not a happy camper

starfamily

Starfamily, all I can say is that you have plenty of story-telling fodder for years to come... ;)

You sound like you have a great sense of humor. I would be screaming at everyone if I were in your place. I think your story belongs in the "bad cruise hall of shame".

Oh my god, this is defintely a cruise I don't want to be on. Let's hope nothing else happens before you disembark.

You realize, of course, things happen in 3s :D

To the OP - I wish everyone had your attitude! Hang in there, things will get better :)

Whew, I really feel for you.

What I would do is make a diary of each person I spoke with names/date/time/outcome of conversation. I would explain to everyone that I spoke with that I was keeping track of all conversations to report back to corporate when I returned home (since they're obviously not helping onboard).

If you document all that information it will be easier to get somewhere with Princess when you get home. I wish you luck and hope you get some resolve soon.

Oh, and btw, I also have a herniated disc and was told ice works the first few weeks of a herniated disc (to prevent swelling). After that, use heat to prevent muscle spasms. But my advice is to do what your own doctor told you to do.

Are you sure this is not fictional writing?? Good luck with the balance of your trip.....

hahaha - I was just wondering the same thing - unfortunately for STAR I don't think anyone could make up stuff this bizarre!

STAR - I think you've had more medical concern and advice from your 'cruise critic cohorts' than from the ship doctor! Take care and keep us posted - unfortunately for you the rest of us are waiting to read what happens next ;)

Have we heard all the details to this story??????

Seems I have heard some rumors about mixing heavy duty painkillers with alcohol, getting incohernet, doing and saying things that one might not do or say under other circumstances.......................verbally abusing crew and spouse.................................

Someone posted that one couldn't make up anything this bizarre. With the right mix of stimulants, some of these stories and actions (running through puddles of water after a bottle of wine and a few painkillers) may be enhanced a bit............................

I will have to give the original poster credit - all that's happened and she can still go to the Internet cafe (assuming that's what she's doing) and write these detailed reports. Sorry folks, but if I was having that kind of trouble Cruise Critic would be the LAST thing on my mind.

I will have to give the original poster credit - all that's happened and she can still go to the Internet cafe (assuming that's what she's doing) and write these detailed reports. Sorry folks, but if I was having that kind of trouble Cruise Critic would be the LAST thing on my mind.

I was thinking the same thing. Sorry guys when I am on a cruise and if stuff like that happened to me I would not come on here, I still would be trying to find help on the ship. Hope the rest of your cruise is stress free.

Marilyn

As nothing like this has remotely happened to me on any cruise I have taken, I would like to hear the other side of the story.

Unfortunately, Princess can't defend itself.

I'm really curious about the bucket brigade promised to fill the bathtub. :cool:

I am so sorry all of this has happened. I hope it gets better SOON!

I actually would head right to the internet cafe, I would need to VENT if something like this happens! Who else would understand? My family would be like, "Well, atleast you are not at home where it is 35 degrees!"

and to think i bought 100 shares of carnival corp today. now i read this story hmmmm

LoL - so did I. AND, I'm sailing on this ship in early June. Should I be scared now?

When i am CRUISING, cruise critic is last thing on my mind

Are you sure this is not fictional writing?? Good luck with the balance of your trip.....

It is hardly fictional, in fact it was a bit intersting at dinner Angelo came by and said he heard of my accident and got us a special appetizer. I have much better things to do than waste my time making up stories, I was simply telling people what was going on.

As for the hot water buckets, Francesca herself admitted tonight as the plummers and some "engineer" were in my cabin for yet another several hours that this is a problem that can not be fixed and if I want a bath they will bring buckets of hot water to fill the tub.

As for the person who was saying about my venting, I was warning people that this ship should have been going into dry dock as scheduled this is crazy. Mixing alcohol with "heavy duty pain killers?" sorry they gave me MOTRIN and I am not driving, I was apparently a fool to try to help the old woman who fell but since no crew memeber could be found and no other bystander could be bothered I did what I could.

I was thinking the same thing. Sorry guys when I am on a cruise and if stuff like that happened to me I would not come on here, I still would be trying to find help on the ship. Hope the rest of your cruise is stress free.

Marilyn

I have TRIED for several days now to get help, since my cabin is full of plumbers and I can not go on my excursion tomorrow since my snorkel mask won't fit over the lump on my head I figured I would try to vent my frustration.

As nothing like this has remotely happened to me on any cruise I have taken, I would like to hear the other side of the story.

Unfortunately, Princess can't defend itself.

I have been on over thirty cruises, MANY with princess and nothing like this has happened to me either, there really is no other side of the story, we have no hot water, I fell due to my own fault running in the rain trying to help an old woman that fell.:(

Star.... if you have herniated discs in your back and you are in that much pain, you should have stayed home! Although i do sympathise with your situation, what are you doing on a cruise??? I see too may people on a cruise or any trip for that matter that can barely walk(until they get to the buffet and then miracles happen) or are in pain and they are travelling....what are you thinking??? STAY HOME FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!! You are a burden to the crew and every other passenger on board. What would you do if there was an emergency in the middle of the night like a fire by your cabin and you had to get out quick? Just giving you some food for thought. As for not having any crew around when that lady fell, the crew cannot be everywhere at once, what time did this happen? If it was a little later in the evening, they have a skeleton crew on and besides they do get some time off also you know. I do hope it all works out for you in the end.

Archived