live from the caribbean princess not a happy camper

starfamily

hi all- I am going to work on getting people's answers to questions if I ever get any sleep. I have spent most of the past two days trying to get problems fixed and figured I would pop in before I go have a drink and finally try to relax on this cruise. There have been so many nit picky issues, overcharges, credits not applied (check your folio daily!!) but the worst part is we have had NO hot water for two days now, I have herniated disks in my back and one of the main reasons I shelled out the six grand for the suite was to be able to take a hot jacuzzi before bed each night, so far we can't even get more than a quater inch of water in the tub before it turns cold again. I can live with tepid showers but don't want to soak in it. We have had numerous people come "check" it but it remains a mystery and to say the least I am cranky and annoyed that I am spending so much time just trying to get warm water. The wait staff and maitre de are delightful as is our room steward but the attitude of the front desk is astounding to me. I have gone over the situation six times now including twice in writing and each time they look at me confused when I say I simply want hot water. The suite next to us also does not have any. The photo shop also charged me 20.00 per photo to adjust the coloring which shocked me quite a bit but at this point I dont even care I just want to be able to take a bath and get some sleep. I asked for a credit adjustment for not being able to use my tub or to be moved but they are going to keep looking into it- to say the least I am perturbed!

Postive note, Sterling steak house was delicious! The balcony is wonderful and the weather delightful, now if I could just get some sleep life would be ok. I will try to get to peoples questions they asked me later in the week, I cna't recall right now the cruise directors name but his staff is from Australia mostly.

Take names of the good and the bad. When you write your letter after you get home, make sure you emphasize all the good things before you hit on what was wrong. And don't send it to customer relations--send it to a higher up.

For two days now I have asked to speak to the hotel director, I have been given the "night manager" and a day manager neither of which has done a thing. They send a guy up to the cabin, he runs the water for a while, says there is a problem with the boiler and they are working on it, then we start all over again. It is just crazy, I have wasted more time on the phone at at the desk than I have at the pool (haven't even gotten there yet) I am off to watch the guys in the mini golf ryder cup.

If it were me, I would hit the hot tub so I could feel better, and then persue this further. I know you didn't spend that kind of money to use the public hot tubs, but it is one answer that will temporairly ease the problem and possibly get you a little rest.

So sorry to hear of the hot water problems, I sure hope they get them repaired soon. Definitely document this as it will probably require a follow up to Princess for any satisfaction after you return back home, unfortunately. :(

For two days now I have asked to speak to the hotel director, I have been given the "night manager" and a day manager neither of which has done a thing.

Ask to speak to the Manager of Passenger Services. He is far above the Hotel Director, and he has the most power aboard to assist you. Ask for a meeting with this particular person.

Have your issues, including any credit, addressed while onboard with this member of the crew. If you wait until you get home, Princess Corporate will tell you there is nothing they can do for you now, and that you should have addressed it onboard. Personal Experience!!!

Good Luck!

If You See My Posting "caribbean Princess Jan 18th 09 Cancelled..." It Begins To Make Sense.

Maybe The Ship Is In Such A Bad State Of Repair That The Dry Dock Scheduled For Dec - Jan Is Too Far Off????

Hope You Enjoy Your Cruise Though!

Guest arowe6

This has already been emphasized but please take down names, dates and times. I know it's a pain now but when you get home you'll have all the information you need to build a case for yourself should you want to write a letter.

On a better note, have a cocktail for me. :p

Enjoy the rest of you cruise.

-Andrew:)

For two days now I have asked to speak to the hotel director, I have been given the "night manager" and a day manager neither of which has done a thing. They send a guy up to the cabin, he runs the water for a while, says there is a problem with the boiler and they are working on it, then we start all over again. It is just crazy, I have wasted more time on the phone at at the desk than I have at the pool (haven't even gotten there yet) I am off to watch the guys in the mini golf ryder cup.

I remember when I was confined to my cabin with Norovirus in 2004.I requested a large jug of Apple Juice which they were going to charged for.I was on their special diet fish dry rolls ect.......I mentioned the special word'Id like to speak with the Captain'.............Then everything changed at room service 'Oh we didnot realize you were ill'....The head room service person came to the door.I pretended that they were right,it was kid gloves after that.

You must hang around the pursers desk till you get the Hotel Operations Manager.

If there was a problem with the hot water supply in that suite before you arrived you should have been informed and offered temporary accommodation eslewhere on the ship till this was fixed plus an adjustment to your bill.

In my youth I was employed in the hotel industry so I know what I am talking about.!!!!!!

Sincerely have empathy with you on your sad situation.....Kruisey

Ask to speak to the Passenger Services Director, and do so calmly and graciously. If he is unavailable, write a letter with your name and cabin number, outline the problem, and instruct the Purser's desk to pass it along (they will).

I know it's disappointing, but there may very well be a problem that cannot be solved easily or quickly. Hopefully they can give you some satisfaction one way or another.

hi all- I am going to work on getting people's answers to questions if I ever get any sleep. I have spent most of the past two days trying to get problems fixed and figured I would pop in before I go have a drink and finally try to relax on this cruise. There have been so many nit picky issues, overcharges, credits not applied (check your folio daily!!) but the worst part is we have had NO hot water for two days now, I have herniated disks in my back and one of the main reasons I shelled out the six grand for the suite was to be able to take a hot jacuzzi before bed each night, so far we can't even get more than a quater inch of water in the tub before it turns cold again. I can live with tepid showers but don't want to soak in it. We have had numerous people come "check" it but it remains a mystery and to say the least I am cranky and annoyed that I am spending so much time just trying to get warm water. The wait staff and maitre de are delightful as is our room steward but the attitude of the front desk is astounding to me. I have gone over the situation six times now including twice in writing and each time they look at me confused when I say I simply want hot water. The suite next to us also does not have any. The photo shop also charged me 20.00 per photo to adjust the coloring which shocked me quite a bit but at this point I dont even care I just want to be able to take a bath and get some sleep. I asked for a credit adjustment for not being able to use my tub or to be moved but they are going to keep looking into it- to say the least I am perturbed!

Postive note, Sterling steak house was delicious! The balcony is wonderful and the weather delightful, now if I could just get some sleep life would be ok. I will try to get to peoples questions they asked me later in the week, I cna't recall right now the cruise directors name but his staff is from Australia mostly.

ask for James Deering on the ship he is in charge of hotel services...he will see that you get your problems solved. He is a straight shooter and very nice. Good luck and sorry that you are experincing these problems.

I'm surprised about your hot water issue. A few weeks ago a friend had a suite and was surprised that the hot water was "endless", if anything the cold water was too warm.

There is certainly an issue and would think that they could figure it out relatively quickly as it's not rocket science. As the maintenance crew was always taking stuff apart, repairing, repainting, revarnishing on our cruise, I wondered if anything was actually not working, or it was normal maintenance.

It was a real PITA and certainly gave the impression the ship wasn't necessarily in tip-top condition. I would 1) hit the hot tub and feel better and 2) definitely sit near the pursers desk and tell your story to anyone and all that would listen. One of the few things that are expected in a cruise is safety, hot water. You know the balance of the ship has hot water so they need to fix whatever, move whatever and reasonably soon.

As I have stated over the last three weeks, I was not impressed with the CB and Princess in general and it seems like you are giving me reason to doubt their ability to solve problems in general.

If it were me, I would hit the hot tub so I could feel better, and then persue this further. I know you didn't spend that kind of money to use the public hot tubs, but it is one answer that will temporairly ease the problem and possibly get you a little rest.

So sorry to hear of the hot water problems, I sure hope they get them repaired soon. Definitely document this as it will probably require a follow up to Princess for any satisfaction after you return back home, unfortunately. :(

I just spent an hour in the hot tub near the spa- unfortuneatley there were many people in and out of it as it is a sea day so it was not too helpful, I signed up for a hot stone massage for 3:30 and will try the lounger in the spa after to see if that will help, my disk is really bothering me, of course being blown off over and over does not help as I tend to keep tension in my neck. I am not going to let this ruin my trip, we are going to sabatinis tonight and hopefully after the massage ( I just had one yesterday) it should not hurt as much, I do have medication but I didn't want to have to take pain meds on the trip as I had ordered wine in advance. Oh well maybe tonight things will finally get straightened out, it is crazy to me that I am being blown off like this, I have always been a huge fan of princess- I am definately wondering if they are just cutting corners due to the fuel situation or something... oh well, at least there is the spa lol- my bill is going to be through the roof but I will just save the slips and enclose them with my letter.

ask for James Deering on the ship he is in charge of hotel services...he will see that you get your problems solved. He is a straight shooter and very nice. Good luck and sorry that you are experincing these problems.

I will call and see if they will let me speak with him, I have spoken to a Francesca several times as well as the night manager who could not be bothered to get back to me last night. Our poor room steward is the sweetest thing and beside himself because he can not get anyone to fix it (or even care) It is amazing since I am elite and a commodore you would think that they would try to even basically appease me, I asked for a different cabin so I could take a bath but they claim the ship is full, for six grand I could have gone on many other trips :( BUT I will say the aft view is gorgeous and for those who are worried

A751 has no beam- no hot water lol but no beam

While sorry to hear about the issues I wish I could say it is a surprise. My trip on the CB last month was one issue after another. Alternately yelled at, threatened, discriminated against and treated like anything but a valued guest by Princess employees. Management was either unavailable, staff refused to get them or did not return repeated calls or notes. Like a few posters have said, get names, dates etc. Sent letters again to the higher ups last week. I hope to get some resolution soon.

Hope your experience improves!

I just spent an hour in the hot tub near the spa- unfortuneatley there were many people in and out of it as it is a sea day so it was not too helpful, I signed up for a hot stone massage for 3:30 and will try the lounger in the spa after to see if that will help, my disk is really bothering me, of course being blown off over and over does not help as I tend to keep tension in my neck. I am not going to let this ruin my trip, we are going to sabatinis tonight and hopefully after the massage ( I just had one yesterday) it should not hurt as much, I do have medication but I didn't want to have to take pain meds on the trip as I had ordered wine in advance. Oh well maybe tonight things will finally get straightened out, it is crazy to me that I am being blown off like this, I have always been a huge fan of princess- I am definately wondering if they are just cutting corners due to the fuel situation or something... oh well, at least there is the spa lol- my bill is going to be through the roof but I will just save the slips and enclose them with my letter.

You poor thing, I feel so badly for you. Just a suggestion but would possibly a trip to the infirmary help? Maybe a shot from the doctor might held ease the pain, at least temporairly?

We need to print you up a sign to put on those hot tubs "Closed except for those with Medical Problems Only". :) Sorry, not making light of your situation, I honestly feel terrible. My DH has somewhat of the same problem and I know how a nice HOT jacuzzi soak does really help.

Please, keep us posted if they ever address this situation. And they had better do something soon. I would also be furious and frustrated if this happened to us. :(

While sorry to hear about the issues I wish I could say it is a surprise. My trip on the CB last month was one issue after another. Alternately yelled at, threatened, discriminated against and treated like anything but a valued guest by Princess employees. Management was either unavailable, staff refused to get them or did not return repeated calls or notes. Like a few posters have said, get names, dates etc. Sent letters again to the higher ups last week. I hope to get some resolution soon.

Hope your experience improves!

Unbelievable!!! (not your stories - the terrible situation)!

Starfamily and kek123 - please let us know how Princess resolves your issues. You should get some type of compensation. I can't imagine paying for a suite and not getting some satisfaction. All of the above suggestions are good ones. Nothing like documenting everything.

STAR - I hope you will not consider my post inappropriate but I can not bear to read one more post about your yearning for HOT water. Last year I was in your situation on the Mercury. I thought I would DIE - or wished I could! I had two discs swollen - finally went to the doctors on the ship - they gave me shots for pain and told me to use ICE.... heat will swell those babies more!!! Yes, a hot bath feels great and relaxes you but ICE sure helped. Perhaps a trip to the infirmary as has been suggested will let you enjoy your holiday a little. I feel your pain and wish you well. This too shall pass :)

If your doctor has told you to use hot water then I beg my pardon... Jayna K

Unbelievable!!! (not your stories - the terrible situation)!

Starfamily and kek123 - please let us know how Princess resolves your issues. You should get some type of compensation. I can't imagine paying for a suite and not getting some satisfaction. All of the above suggestions are good ones. Nothing like documenting everything.

Letter number one outlining issues was sent to Princess the week I returned and after five weeks I received a response. Essentially Princess stated "we are in receipt of your letter and hope you will sail with us again", zero compensation offered. The letters last week I sent to the CEO of Carnival and the Director of Passenger Relations for Princess. Will post a response here on any action that I hear back on.

Starfish - Again hope the situation improves! Sad to have to refer to a planned vacation as a situation!

Letter number one outlining issues was sent to Princess the week I returned and after five weeks I received a response. Essentially Princess stated "we are in receipt of your letter and hope you will sail with us again", zero compensation offered. The letters last week I sent to the CEO of Carnival and the Director of Passenger Relations for Princess. Will post a response here on any action that I hear back on.

Starfish - Again hope the situation improves! Sad to have to refer to a planned vacation as a situation!

There is no comparison between the complaints you voiced and not having any hot water. Yours were mostly personal views on how you felt you were treated without any proof of wrong doing. This is an entirely different senerio and will end up with compensation of some form from the cruise line for the lack of hot water in their suite.

We had a balcony room for the inaurgarual cruise on the Caribbean in 2004 and had no hot water for the whole week. We called everyone and they sent a guy to fix it three or four times, but no luck. we sent a letter to Princess, but never heard from anyone.

Thats too bad!

ALL THE MORE REASON TO RESOLVE THIS WHILE ON BOARD.

Good luck, I would say more, but I think everyone covered it all!

Please keep us updated!

Archived