New itineraries out

if you check out one of the best online sites, and do a search you can find all of the new P&O itineraries out up to and including Jan 2010

hi ss, i just had a browse at the site, interesting :)

if you check out one of the best online sites, and do a search you can find all of the new P&O itineraries out up to and including Jan 2010

Yes, that is just the Best Cruise hint in a while ;)

No mention of the Pacific Sun late in '09 ...... ;)

Hi Lias, do you mean you know something about the Pacific Sun.??? like being sold or such..!!!

or that you can't find any cruises for late 2009.

if so ...they have cruises scheduled until the end of January 2010.

(on the best cruise site.)

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Lias, do you mean you know something about the Pacific Sun.??? like being sold or such..!!!

or that you can't find any cruises for late 2009.

if so ...they have cruises scheduled until the end of January 2010.

(on the best cruise site.)

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

I'm just being slack Lorraine - Probably wishful thinking. Sorry. It's been a long, long day. I have been up since 3.00am. :(

There's a press release on the P&O site;

Latest P&O Program Offers Longer Voyages, New Destinations

Date: 22 Apr 2008

Strong demand for longer cruises has prompted P&O Cruises to offer new journeys to the Northern Territory, Tonga and Tahiti on its superliner Pacific Dawn and sister ship, Pacific Sun, next year.

The voyages feature in P&O Cruises’ latest program, which offers 46 cruise holidays from Sydney, Brisbane and Auckland from May 2009 to January 2010 on the two popular ships. Fares start from $945 per person quad-share for a seven-night South Pacific cruise from Brisbane or $1261 for a nine-night cruise from Sydney, including a 35 per cent Pricebreaker discount*.

The program also includes the debut of a new P&O Cruises’ destination, Port Denarau in Fiji. Adjacent to the Fijian mainland, Denarau Island is home to magnificent resorts and a range of exciting activities, from scuba diving to world-class golf.

Announcing the new itineraries, Ann Sherry, CEO of Carnival Australia which operates P&O Cruises, said there was a growing interest in longer cruise holidays among Australians.

"Our recent Explorer series of cruises to Tahiti and Asia has been incredibly popular, prompting our decision to introduce some new two-three week voyages in our latest P&O Cruises program," Ms Sherry said.

The new itineraries represented the company’s biggest program of longer cruise offerings in 20 years, she said.

The new voyages include:

• A leisurely 17-night roundtrip voyage to Darwin from Brisbane on Pacific Sun. Departing August 12, 2009, passengers will enjoy overnight calls at both Cairns and Darwin, as well as day visits to Cooktown, Townsville, Port Douglas and the Whitsundays. Prices start from $2336 per person quad-share and $3649 per person twin-share*.

• A relaxing 16-night cruise from Sydney to Tonga, Fiji and New Caledonia on Pacific Dawn. Departing September 9, 2009, the ship will visit Noumea, the beautiful Tongan ports of Nuku’Alofa and Vava’u, renowned for their clear waters as well as the languid Fijian ports of Savasavu, Suva, Lautoka and Port Denarau. Prices start from $2203 per person quad-share and $3623 per person twin-share*

• A magical 21-night roundtrip voyage from Auckland to Tahiti, departing June 4, 2009, with visits to the azure waters of Raiatea, Papeete, Moorea and Bora Bora in Tahiti as well as Apia in Samoa, Nuku’Alofa and Vava’u in Tonga, Rarotonga in the Cook Islands and Port Denarau and Suva in Fiji. Prices start from $2754 per person quad-share and $4521 per person twin-share*.

The program also includes popular week-long, Saturday-to-Saturday South Pacific cruises from Brisbane on the 47,000-tonne Pacific Sun, which sports its own 35-metre water slide.

Meanwhile, Australia’s first superliner Pacific Dawn will continue to offer a range of 8-11 night sailings to tropical ports throughout the South Pacific from Sydney.

There's a press release on the P&O site;

Latest P&O Program Offers Longer Voyages, New Destinations

Date: 22 Apr 2008

Strong demand for longer cruises has prompted P&O Cruises to offer new journeys to the Northern Territory, Tonga and Tahiti on its superliner Pacific Dawn and sister ship, Pacific Sun, next year.

The voyages feature in P&O Cruises’ latest program, which offers 46 cruise holidays from Sydney, Brisbane and Auckland from May 2009 to January 2010 on the two popular ships. Fares start from $945 per person quad-share for a seven-night South Pacific cruise from Brisbane or $1261 for a nine-night cruise from Sydney, including a 35 per cent Pricebreaker discount*.

The program also includes the debut of a new P&O Cruises’ destination, Port Denarau in Fiji. Adjacent to the Fijian mainland, Denarau Island is home to magnificent resorts and a range of exciting activities, from scuba diving to world-class golf.

Announcing the new itineraries, Ann Sherry, CEO of Carnival Australia which operates P&O Cruises, said there was a growing interest in longer cruise holidays among Australians.

"Our recent Explorer series of cruises to Tahiti and Asia has been incredibly popular, prompting our decision to introduce some new two-three week voyages in our latest P&O Cruises program," Ms Sherry said.

The new itineraries represented the company’s biggest program of longer cruise offerings in 20 years, she said.

The new voyages include:

• A leisurely 17-night roundtrip voyage to Darwin from Brisbane on Pacific Sun. Departing August 12, 2009, passengers will enjoy overnight calls at both Cairns and Darwin, as well as day visits to Cooktown, Townsville, Port Douglas and the Whitsundays. Prices start from $2336 per person quad-share and $3649 per person twin-share*.

• A relaxing 16-night cruise from Sydney to Tonga, Fiji and New Caledonia on Pacific Dawn. Departing September 9, 2009, the ship will visit Noumea, the beautiful Tongan ports of Nuku’Alofa and Vava’u, renowned for their clear waters as well as the languid Fijian ports of Savasavu, Suva, Lautoka and Port Denarau. Prices start from $2203 per person quad-share and $3623 per person twin-share*

• A magical 21-night roundtrip voyage from Auckland to Tahiti, departing June 4, 2009, with visits to the azure waters of Raiatea, Papeete, Moorea and Bora Bora in Tahiti as well as Apia in Samoa, Nuku’Alofa and Vava’u in Tonga, Rarotonga in the Cook Islands and Port Denarau and Suva in Fiji. Prices start from $2754 per person quad-share and $4521 per person twin-share*.

The program also includes popular week-long, Saturday-to-Saturday South Pacific cruises from Brisbane on the 47,000-tonne Pacific Sun, which sports its own 35-metre water slide.

Meanwhile, Australia’s first superliner Pacific Dawn will continue to offer a range of 8-11 night sailings to tropical ports throughout the South Pacific from Sydney.

hi skyrules, thats good but i'll wait for the itineraries for the rhapsody to come out, this summer their prices have been very good and i beleive she is coming back here in 09-10

hi skyrules, thats good but i'll wait for the itineraries for the rhapsody to come out, this summer their prices have been very good and i beleive she is coming back here in 09-10

Yes, she is coming back.;) Should be some intense competition and itineraries.:) Nothing but positives for all of us.

Does anyone know what's happening with the Pacific Dawn between her Sydney - Brisbane 2 nighter (31 July) and her Brisbane - Sydney 2 nighter (15 August)???????

I can't find any cruises for her between these two ...... is she going in dry dock in Brisbane for a couple of weeks??

Does anyone know what's happening with the Pacific Dawn between her Sydney - Brisbane 2 nighter (31 July) and her Brisbane - Sydney 2 nighter (15 August)???????

I can't find any cruises for her between these two ...... is she going in dry dock in Brisbane for a couple of weeks??

If that's 2009, probably will be a dry-docking at Cairncross as it will have been nearly 2 years since conversion from Regal Princess.

Otherwise, she might be doing a private charter ex-Brisbane.

Or maybe a cruise out of Brisbane, since if it's a normal winter season, Pacific Sun will be in Auckland.

I have found the cruise I want to go on in 2009, Pacific Dawn October 20th, goes to Champagne Bay, Luganville and Wala, all ports I havent been to before, also goes to Vila and not Noumea;) and it's our wedding anniversary,now just to talk Andy out of Vietnam in October......I like the one that does Darwin too, Cooktown, Cairns, Port Douglas and Townsville, just have to wait for the prices to come down:rolleyes:

Chez

xx

Or maybe a cruise out of Brisbane, since if it's a normal winter season, Pacific Sun will be in Auckland.

It is 2009 Skyrules .... we can always live in hope it's a Brisbane cruise (yeah right!!!!!):rolleyes::cool: ... think it's better to assume the drydock option!

I have found the cruise I want to go on in 2009, Pacific Dawn October 20th, goes to Champagne Bay, Luganville and Wala, all ports I havent been to before, also goes to Vila and not Noumea;) and it's our wedding anniversary,now just to talk Andy out of Vietnam in October......I like the one that does Darwin too, Cooktown, Cairns, Port Douglas and Townsville, just have to wait for the prices to come down:rolleyes:

Chez

xx

The itinerary I was hoping for doesn't feature :( ... we'll have to keep entering lotto so we can go on it in November this year instead (sigh!) There's another one there that I don't mind - but it's not in school holidays (which may be a good thing!!!):)

Chez

xx

Hey! Thats my wedding anniversary too!

I wonder if I can talk Dh around that one????? :rolleyes:

I like the one that does Darwin too, Cooktown, Cairns, Port Douglas and Townsville, just have to wait for the prices to come down:rolleyes:

Chez

xx

Yes, we're interested in that one too. Any idea what the date of that one is??

If you search for South Pacific cruises for Pacific Sun it only shows up to August 09, but to search for Australia\NZ cruises it goes out to the end of January 2010 - even the South Pacific ones. Seems that the site has incorrectly tagged some of these Pacsun Pacific cruises.

One thing missing from now till beginning of 2010 for P&O is Asia. The original Cherry Blossom on Pacific Star was well supported and was cancelled to accomodate the sale of the ship. The recent Pacific Sun one sailed light on with passengers and now they are showing no intent to return.

Chez

xx

If only I could talk Mr Minx into that one for our anniversary too! :D What an itinerary! NO Noumea:D:D

Two nighter Brissie 2 Sydney sounds like fun if there are good prices.

I have an ambition of spending less than $100 onboard a cruise, and this might be the best chance I get. :)

Don't bet on it Geoff, we did the two night Brisbane - Sydney and spent nearly $700 between us!

If you search for South Pacific cruises for Pacific Sun it only shows up to August 09, but to search for Australia\NZ cruises it goes out to the end of January 2010 - even the South Pacific ones. Seems that the site has incorrectly tagged some of these Pacsun Pacific cruises.

One thing missing from now till beginning of 2010 for P&O is Asia. The original Cherry Blossom on Pacific Star was well supported and was cancelled to accomodate the sale of the ship. The recent Pacific Sun one sailed light on with passengers and now they are showing no intent to return.

The recent Cherry Blossom cruise was meant to be done by Pacific Star, but was moved to Pacific Sun when Star was sold. Prior to the switch of ships the cruise was waitlisted, but I think they struggled to sell the extra 800 or so berths that Pacific Sun opened up.

There is still a Cherry Blossom cruise in 2009, but it is being done done by Dawn Princess.

http://www.dawnsunprincess.com.au/html/all-departures-itineraries.cfm?cruiseID=D907

Ah, that could be what I did wrong the first time. Thanks Geoff.

The next time I tried it worked perfectly. .... somehow :confused:

That said, it was ANZAC Day and I was up for the Dawn Service and watched one of the parades later as well. Topped that up by topping myself up with various beverages and then later that night made the mistake of going online and trying to read CC threads and reply to them. I'll learn one day in the far distant future... :o

Archived