Outside Rendering of F3

Evil Jeremy

This picture was floating around on the version of my "Genesis vs Dream vs F3" topic on the "Royal Caribbean" forum here. Apparently, Aker Yards put up this picture very briefly before they realized that it was not supposed to be up. This picture was on their F3 ship profile. Before they took it down, however, one of the members grabbed it. I didn't see it here yet so I thought I would post it here:

41se1.jpg

In my opinion, it is a little boxy.

Looks like the Pride of America on Steroids.

That's what I thought when I saw it last night on here. I would think ships would be more aero-dynamic through the air on the ocean better. The more resistence wind has (with the lifeboat placement) the worse the fuel economy of the ship will be. Not to mention what is with the front top decks? I'm assuming those are the Garden Villas but what an odd placement for them compared to where they have been and it does away with NCLs traditional Observatory Lounge too. :cool:

maybe they can't tuck them away because all outside rooms have a balcony? i don't know, where would they put them?

I am sure that is the reason; it would be pretty hard to have a balcony with life boats hanging over; talk about a natural balcony cover?

Nita

I said it before and will say it again...

It makes the Pride of America look like a sleek ocean liner. Too bad those interior curves didn't make their way to the exterior.

I can imagine an unassembled model for the kids being sold in the onboard gift shops. It will contain a painted block of wood with some decals.

This picture was floating around on the version of my "Genesis vs Dream vs F3" topic on the "Royal Caribbean" forum here. Apparently, Aker Yards put up this picture very briefly before they realized that it was not supposed to be up. This picture was on their F3 ship profile. Before they took it down, however, one of the members grabbed it. I didn't see it here yet so I thought I would post it here:

41se1.jpg

It looks more like a building than a ship but if it floats in the water, that's good enough for me.

Personally, I like the boxy back end of the ship. I have been in several aft balconies on several different cruise lines, including NCL and there is usually a privacy issue with folks above being able to see onto part of your balcony. The F3 appears to not have that issue at all with the straight up and down lines. All the aft balconies are directley above and below one another. That's perfect for privacy.

41se1.jpg

In my opinion, it's a hoax.

10 lifeboats are visible on this side of the ship. Assuming they're the standard lifeboats that accommodate 150 passengers, that's only 1,500 passengers. Add another 1,500 passengers for the same 10 lfeboats on the opposite side of the ship, the total is just 3,000 passengers. I thought everyone knew the F3 double occupancy figure is 4,200. Where's the other 4 lifeboats for this side of the ship?

The fact that this originally was posted on RCI forum tells much. :eek:

Here's a design Aker and NCL posted a few years ago for a 93,000 tons cruise ship that was later cancelled when NCL ordered the Gem instead. Add 30 feet to it's beam and 100 feet to it's length, you'll have a 150,000 ton ship. I suggest the F3 will look more like this than what someone on the RCI forum posted.

NCLship.jpg

The modern look more closely matches the modern look of a F3 Wave Cabin NCL posted this past week.

You make the call! :cool:

41se1.jpg

They used up their allotment of curves on the stateroom walls.

In my opinion, it's a hoax.

10 lifeboats are visible on this side of the ship. Assuming they're the standard lifeboats that accommodate 150 passengers, that's only 1,500 passengers. Add another 1,500 passengers for the same 10 lfeboats on the opposite side of the ship, the total is just 3,000 passengers. I thought everyone knew the F3 double occupancy figure is 4,200. Where's the other 4 lifeboats for this side of the ship?

And that's only if you don't want to save the crew :(

Archived