Mexico's March Weather?

doliver

I'm looking at a March 2005 Mexican cruise on the Oosterdam that sails out of San Diego. Considering average conditions, will it be warm or cool? I once went on a cruise out of Los Angles in May or June (don't remember which) and it was very cool on the first day out and the last day back. I love the sun from the deck or a balcony and don't want to waste any time to bad weather conditions inherent to the choice of ports.

I have traveled to Mexico 5 or 6 times over the years, always in March or April. Most recently on the Statendam in March of 2001.

The seas can be mild to moderately rough between LA or San Diego and Cabo, particularly when sailing northbound.

Day time temps will be in the 70 to upper 80s, depending on how far south you go. Around 70 at sea, climbing to upper 70s at Cabo ashore. It can be 90 ashore at places like Acapulco. Humidity is mild (30-40%). Overall, very pleasant weather.

We toured the Big Oo in SFO last may on her way to Alaska. Very nice ship! Very classy!

69 days to Rotterdam/Panama Canal

Bruce

The "cloudy" skies is fog and it starts to get foggy in and around March. Since Coastal CA is never really warm, it should be 60's to 70's but should be quite warm in Cabo, Matzalan and Puerto (80's). But it should be quite nice. No hurricaine's then although it is still the west coast rainy season. We will also be sailing in March. Also toured the O while she was in SD last May and like her so much we booked an Alaska cruise last June. You will love her! We are sailing on the Ryndam to Sea of Cortes.

doliver,

We've done a few cruises in March, down the coast of Mexico. Weather has always cooperated, however, the sea temps are cooler than the Caribbean, so snorkeling, or swimming, can be a "brisk" endeavor!:eek: In Cabo, last March, we went Whale watching and saw whales breaching. Spectacular ! Next March, we are sailing on the Century, out of San Francisco; ten days down the coast.

Enjoy!

Kel

I've been reading these postings with great interest, as we too will be sailing in March on the Ryndam. Thank you for all the valuable information. We are hoping to see whales as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Kelmac,

Did you use the ship excursion for whale watching or did you book on your own. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'll be on the Feb. 14 Ryndam sea of cortez cruise and am looking forward to whale watching.

We did the Sea of Cortez cruise on the Ryndam in February this year. We saw plenty of whales right from the ship as well as other assorted wildlife. It was an incredible cruise...would do it again in a heartbeat! Weather was on the cooler side....no laying around the pool in swimsuits!

dot73,

Yes, we did use the ship's excursion. We usually do a mix of independant and ship shore excursions, but this one turned out great. In addition, we have done the Kayaks over to Los Arcos and Lover's beach. A little more work, but a great time as well.

Enjoy!

Kel

Tatka,

The temps will be in the 80's and there should be plenty of sunshine! Only bad thing, most of the whales will have moved northward by then.

We will be on the Mercury the month before you, so I will give you the "411" when we get back.

Enjoy!

Kel

Archived