Delta 2nd Bag charge ?

MirrorLk

New to cruising and flying has been a long while.

Flying to Canada from USA in July for Alaska cuise. Is this considered international and does 2nd bag fee's apply.

Thanks for your help and answers, these forums are great. Know this question sounds dumb, but couldn't quit find a clear answer.

Yes, Canada to USA is technically an international flight since you are traveling between two countries.

Not sure though how this applies to luggage though so I'll let someone else answer. You can also try calling Delta to ask the same question.

May have to call Delta but I thought I would use CC first, since I know they have all the answers.

Delta site states 1 free bag US, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. But Canada is so close. Just don't know how they preseve it.

New to cruising and flying has been a long while.

Flying to Canada from USA in July for Alaska cuise. Is this considered international and does 2nd bag fee's apply.

Thanks for your help and answers, these forums are great. Know this question sounds dumb, but couldn't quit find a clear answer.

I just happened to be checking this out w/Delta. I was told on int'l flights (which yours is) there is no charge for a second piece of luggage. On domestic flights only one piece is allowed without charge

Ok, we are using mileage ticket to Venice on Delta - but to get there we are flying LAX - San Fran; San Fran to CDG and CDG to Venice.. My hope is we can check our luggage all the way through since this is all booked on one ticket. So can we check one bag or two since we are ending up on an international flight????

If it's booked on one ticket with your final destination as Venice, it doesn't matter how many domestic stops you have. You should be able to take advantage of the international baggage allowance.

Glad we will be using DELTA for our next Medit cruise--it will be costly enough withou paying for an extra piece of luggage..Thanks for the info..

Considering that all major TATL carriers allow the two bags.....something special about DL's policy??

According to Delta's Website-First Class Passengers are allowed up to 4 checked pieces with no extra charge. Anybody please correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading this when considering booking my flights with Delta recently.

According to Delta's Website-First Class Passengers are allowed up to 4 checked pieces with no extra charge. Anybody please correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading this when considering booking my flights with Delta recently.

First and Business get 3 checked on DL - up to 70 lbs each. You also get your carry-on plus personal item.

Archived