Economy finally affecting luxury cruises???

Guess I started it when I was posting and misplaced the device that I typically use to navigate (avoiding the "m" word:-)

Yesterday, on this thread, there was talk about Las Vegas and the effect the economy is having. Last night, it was discussed in our local newspaper. Perhaps we have our head in the sand (except O.C.) -- in terms of how severe some are being affected by the current situation.

This leads me back to my post earlier today -- are we gambling in terms of planning luxury cruises in 2009 -- 2010 (and beyond?) I received an e-mail just now asking about interest in cruises in 2011 and 2012 (not from anyone we typically hear from on the boards). . . my brain just doesn't compute those dates yet.

Only a few more days to concern myself with the economy and the possible decline (temporary) of luxury cruising. Like many of you, once we are on vacation, we won't even be thinking about any of this (typically avoid newspapers -- don't watch the news, etc.) Then we can think about which place to dine at lunch -- which lounge to have our next drink -- which side of the ship currently has the better views. . . and will be enjoying the company of other cruisers.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Sometimes we only hear the "voice in our head" -- it helps to open our minds to other opinions. We're also watching the boards to see when people start talking about their 2010 cruises (when, unfortunately, the PG may not be part of Regent board discussions).

Every day that I wake up breathing is a good day. And a good day is one where I plan for a cruise down the line. When you get older, there's too many depressing things to think about; i.e., health, etc. So, go for it. Unless you have to sit on the street with a hat for "donations," and you're breathing, plan vacations.;) Yes, I do understand the economy and all that. It's just more fun to be an ostrich and not face reality. Come to think of it, I do that lots. (And just to be clear, I'm not at all serious).

Hi Guys,

This was a fun thread, but I think it has gotten a bit OT and out of hand.. Time to stop beating the proverbial "dead horse"... :D

Host Dan

PS You were right Ragnar! ;)

Archived