I think Carnival should freeze the price you pay. No more going back for reductions

.................... Don't even

get the nice little refund that you are getting this month.

Cruisecastle,

I would not mind at all if you were right about that! The refund phases out before it gets to me. :o

On top of that, I had to pay Federal and State taxes last month just before our cruise and will have to pay property and vehicle taxes next month. DW and I both withold single with no dependants and we still had to pay.:mad:

WTH did you have to bring up taxes?!?!?!?

Uh I do alot more than cruise. Cruising is very limiting. Also, what does it matter high-end lines I don't think they would be fun. I love Carnval it's fine for me. I am doing Celebrity though and that's listed is that high end? Also, I don't think many are much more expensive that freegin DCL. The best trip of my life was my 3 week African safari last year. That was not a cruise. I do all inclusives all the time. Disney world for two weeks this year etc.. Just limiting ones self to cruising is pathetic.

Cruisecastle,

Disney does tend to be near the most expensive that's for sure. I wouldn't label Celebrity as high end though.

Your three week African Safari definately sounds interesting!

I never thought of cruising as 'limiting' though...perhaps if vacations were limited to cruising then I can see your point, but I'm not sure that would be limited by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree. Other lines have already started doing this and it is just a matter of time until Carnival starts. When you book a cruise that is the price you should pay. Of course, if people want to insist on "price drops" it would only be fair if they had to pay price increases too. That would stop all of the whining about OBC, etc.

Hmmmmmm, Carnival was the last and the worst to get a reduction from. RCCL is great about it. Why should you be pentalized for booking way out.

Uh I do alot more than cruise. Cruising is very limiting. Also, what does it matter high-end lines I don't think they would be fun. I love Carnval it's fine for me. I am doing Celebrity though and that's listed is that high end? Also, I don't think many are much more expensive that freegin DCL. The best trip of my life was my 3 week African safari last year. That was not a cruise. I do all inclusives all the time. Disney world for two weeks this year etc.. Just limiting ones self to cruising is pathetic.

Forget Disney and Celebrity,:rolleyes: think Crystal, Silversea, Seabourne, Cunard, Regent.:D

You have time to post over 1000 times on this forum but too busy to look for a discount. :rolleyes:

Go figure!:D

Forget Disney and Celebrity,:rolleyes: think Crystal, Silversea, Seabourne, Cunard, Regent.:D

You have time to post over 1000 times on this forum but too busy to look for a discount. :rolleyes:

Go figure!:D

I guess it's never been important but based on some of these savings I'm calling Carnival tonight to check my northern europe cruise next summer for some savings.

I guess it's never been important but based on some of these savings I'm calling Carnival tonight to check my northern europe cruise next summer for some savings.

Knew we would eventually wear you down.:D

You turned out to be a good sport!:cool:

I just got off the phone with my PVP after yet another OBC for a price drop and I also booked a 9A for April 2010 on Carnival Dream! You can bet I'll be watching the prices, but I doubt the price will come down.....come to think of it, I didn't even ask what the price was! :p :eek:

Before anyone gets to thinking too hard, I booked the 9A on Glory with the intent of switching to Carnival Dream when she takes over for Glory. My PVP said they'd have to give me a comparable cabin and I made sure she knew I didn't want a 9A like Spirit Class on the midship; I want aft wrap! :)

I just got off the phone with my PVP after yet another OBC for a price drop and I also booked a 9A for April 2010 on Carnival Dream! You can bet I'll be watching the prices, but I doubt the price will come down.....come to think of it, I didn't even ask what the price was! :p :eek:

Congrats!!

And what that took a whole what 3 minutes:confused: See there cruisecastle;)

Congrats!!

And what that took a whole what 3 minutes:confused: See there cruisecastle;)

Kurbanfan,

It actually took longer to make the reservation and spend my money than it did to get the OBC! :D

ps; that 696 days in my signature looks real bad.........I'm glad I'm cruising in the meantime!

Before anyone gets to thinking too hard, I booked the 9A on Glory with the intent of switching to Carnival Dream when she takes over for Glory. My PVP said they'd have to give me a comparable cabin and I made sure she knew I didn't want a 9A like Spirit Class on the midship; I want aft wrap! :)

I was gonna say they aren't booking that bad girl yet. I can hardly wait until they do though

I was gonna say they aren't booking that bad girl yet. I can hardly wait until they do though

Cruisecastle,

I'm glad I didn't wait too much longer; there were only FOUR 9A cabins left for that sailing which means there are a lot of folks thinking just like I am. Based on the pics, Dream should have more aft wraps than Conquest Class, but my guess is they'll go first.

Hey Paul! Where can I find the layout of the Dream? We plan way ahead too, and now that we are out of the Spring Break only cycle, I can plan at other times of the year....yeah! I can't wait to see it!

cruisecastle,

So the only advantage to booking early would be cabin choice? Past guest rates aren't even available until a few months before.

If the price of your cruise dropped by one thousand dollars between the time you booked it and the time you cruised, you wouldn't call and ask for an adjustment?

so what you are saying, is that you want to book early to insure that you get everything you want and then get a price break because the price has been lowered to sell the less than desirable cabins. that is like double dipping. If a past passenger rate or military etc was not offered at time of booking i could see that. but a simple price drop should not be applied to prior bookings. Just my humble opinion

so what you are saying, is that you want to book early to insure that you get everything you want and then get a price break because the price has been lowered to sell the less than desirable cabins. that is like double dipping. If a past passenger rate or military etc was not offered at time of booking i could see that. but a simple price drop should not be applied to prior bookings. Just my humble opinion

tcsmithh,

Uhh, no that's not the way it is. I book specific cabins and when there's a price drop the category I booked has to be available or there's no price drop. It's not a matter of only less desirable cabins being left, cabins like mine have to be left as well. On our cruise last month there were many price drops but I didn't get any of them because our cabin was a 9A and no 9A cabins were left.

You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion isn't applicable to how I or anyone else who gets price adjustments or OBC qualifies for them.

Past Guest rates rarely ever apply to 9A cabins.

There's a reason why they do it and they're not really stupid. As long as deposits are fully refundable, they want to stop people from asking for refunds and booking on other lines. Yes, somehow, it all makes sense and it makes customers feel good that they're getting the best deal and it gives them the sense that Carnival is "for them" and not "against them". I earn a good living. But I will look to save $50 to $100 when I can.

This post makes a really good point. I have already booked my airfare for my Nov cruise, but it is not refundable nor will Continental lower my fare if prices fall. But I hedged my bets that fares aren't going to fall due high fuel prices and I had better book now. I may have some buyers remorse if they fall but I'm ultimately happy with the fare I got.

Hey Paul! Where can I find the layout of the Dream? We plan way ahead too, and now that we are out of the Spring Break only cycle, I can plan at other times of the year....yeah! I can't wait to see it!

Gail,

I have no clue where to find the layout. I've looked real hard too. I'm just going by the renderings that have been released by Fincantieri and Carnival. It would be nice if it were like the video but.........:p

2354341650065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I guess it's good that Carnival doesn't care about your opinion on this. :rolleyes:

I find it really sad that some people get annoyed if another person gets something nice...a price break or anything else. *shakes head*

Just thought I`d let you know that for us folks in the UK Carnival will not give you anything back at all when the price drops. I`ve tried.... but I got the reply " but what if the price had gone up ?" We just have to grin and bear it !!! Doesnt seem quite fair when Carnival USA operates differently from Carnival UK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warm_CND viewpost.gif

I think I would not be the only one saying " I agree !

And since you don't want or could use that money I'll take it.

I saw this and thought "obviously just a bored member looking to start a mess". And yet it is a fun mess... so here I am.

I found this... which is older but offers some insight.

That is a great quote.

That is a great quote.

You are so cheeky ! :p

Why wouldn't anyone want a lower fare if you could get it? Not only do I call to get a lower fare when cruise prices drop, but I also call Southwest when a lower fare is available after purchasing a ticket. Many places do this, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot (they will honor the lower price and you get the difference in what you pay).

I personally could use the extra money. If others have it to spend and they don't really care, then good for them. :cool:

JMO

Why wouldn't anyone want a lower fare if you could get it? Not only do I call to get a lower fare when cruise prices drop, but I also call Southwest when a lower fare is available after purchasing a ticket. Many places do this, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot (they will honor the lower price and you get the difference in what you pay).

I personally could use the extra money. If others have it to spend and they don't really care, then good for them. :cool:

JMO

yeah...I just recently found out that SW air will do that. I think it's great...especially since I fly them quite often.

Ok, I have a question, what if you already bought your ticket, and find out that from another TA that the price is around 500 difference. What can someone do? By the way I purchased these tickets in early March I sail in June. What is the chance of a price drop during that time ?

yeah...I just recently found out that SW air will do that. I think it's great...especially since I fly them quite often.

It is GREAT! They won't refund you money but give you credit, which is fine with me because I use them when I fly. As a matter of fact, I had 2 price reductions last year on my children's tickets, which gave me enough credit for a FREE ticket! :cool:

Archived