$$$ for laundry?

Luxuriate

Should I bring pockets full of quarters for the laundry room on Emerald Princess? I assume the machines run on quarters? I am traveling with hubby and four-year old son and would like to wash a load or two during the 10-day cruise. What does it cost to wash a dry a load of laundry on the Emerald?

Cheryl

Should I bring pockets full of quarters for the laundry room on Emerald Princess? I assume the machines run on quarters? I am traveling with hubby and four-year old son and would like to wash a load or two during the 10-day cruise. What does it cost to wash a dry a load of laundry on the Emerald?

Cheryl

Or you could book a suitte and you'd get complementry laundry/dry cleaning services.......:)

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

We always put in a roll of quarters and a a small ziploc bag of laundery soap in our suitcase. It seems like the coin machine and soap machine on board hardly ever works, so being prepared is one less stress.

Yes, take a roll of quarters. I have some laundry detergent that comes in tablets and I put the soap, quarters and dryer sheets in a ziplock bag. When I want to do laundry, I have everthing organized and easy to find. Couldn't be easier. Different ship, but I paid $1 to wash, $1 to dry. The front loading washers hold quite a bit.

There was a change machine in the laundry on the CB.

It was $1.00 to wash and $1.00 to dry, but it usually took two drying cycles to get the heavier stuff really dry.

I always pack powered laundry soap, and drier sheets since they only have a limited selection of soap and no softener of any kind.

On the Emerald it is $1.50 for the washing machine and $1.50 for the dryer. $1.00 each for detergent and $1.00 for fabric softener sheets (2).

There is a change machine but the one on our floor never worked so bring a roll of quarters with you. You can save by bringing your own detergent in a ziploc. Same with your fabric softener sheets too. :D

I do not rely on the change machine working in the lanudry room.

If it is not working, Murphy's law says that is when there will be a long line at the Purser's desk where you want to get change.

I do not rely on the change machine working in the lanudry room.

If it is not working, Murphy's law says that is when there will be a long line at the Purser's desk where you want to get change.

I totally agree! Pack a roll of quarters, bring some soap and dryer sheets and you will be ahead by at least 1/2 hour!

The washers and dryer on deck nine of the Emerald were $1.25 per cycle. The change machine worked fine except I think it dispensed a Canadian quarter that the machines wouldn't take. This was the third laundry room I went to before I found an empty machine. I brought detergent and dryer sheets from home for two loads, but I only needed to do one load, so I gave the extra to the next couple to come in to do laundry.

Have a great time, I loved this ship:)

Beth

Archived