Ordering desert with lunch,

buckspc

One poster has said that on the Star they refused to order their desert with their lunch order as they would ask you. The same thing happened to me in the dinning room at lunch. We were asked to order so I just thought that they way they do it. One lunch day the W said she hadn't decided yet what she wanted and he never ask again, I ordered mine and got it, but still he never ask if she wanted anything almost like he was tied off that she didn't order before, who needs it anyway with lunch. Is this a Princess policy or something new? How does the board feel about it, it speeds up things in the dinning room and does it make a big deal to anyone? Thanks for your opionions, Buck

Not to nitpick, but "dessert" is the tasty sweet course that comes at the end of a delicious meal. "Desert" is the hot and dry area with lots of sand.

I imagine the reason why they ask for the dessert order in the beginning is so they can plan. With so many diners, the more they can plan ahead, the better.

If a waiter didn't ask me for my dessert order, I'd call him over and give it to him. If he refused to take it at that time, I'd call over the Head Waiter. I think I'd get my dessert with no problem at that point.;)

One poster has said that on the Star they refused to order their desert with their lunch order as they would ask you. The same thing happened to me in the dinning room at lunch. We were asked to order so I just thought that they way they do it. One lunch day the W said she hadn't decided yet what she wanted and he never ask again, I ordered mine and got it, but still he never ask if she wanted anything almost like he was tied off that she didn't order before, who needs it anyway with lunch. Is this a Princess policy or something new? How does the board feel about it, it speeds up things in the dinning room and does it make a big deal to anyone? Thanks for your opionions, Buck

We rarely are asked for our dessert order when ordering lunch. They always bring back the dessert menu. Maybe your waiter interpreted her non decision (along with your order) as her not wanting dessert...... and therefore didn't ask at the end of the main course.

Doesn't seem to be a big thing to get upset about. Did she ask for the menu (or a dessert selection) when the waiter brought yours. :confused:

Can't you just ask to see the menu again so you can order dessert after lunch?

YES - we usually do just that ahd have not had a problem. All you have to do is ask politely - a "please" and "thank you" ofen help also.

Ron

I've never had a problem ordering dessert at lunch. If I didn't order it with my meal, I politely asked to see the menu at the end of lunch. At the same time, ordered my coffee to be brought back with the menu. I sailed the Star and had no problem with dessert at lunch.

Not to nitpick, but "dessert" is the tasty sweet course that comes at the end of a delicious meal. "Desert" is the hot and dry area with lots of sand.

I imagine the reason why they ask for the dessert order in the beginning is so they can plan. With so many diners, the more they can plan ahead, the better.

Hello Blackwing,

My DH & I will be on the Sea Princess on 7/12 too. There isn't much activity on the roll call but I have a lot of the same questions you do. We also don't know what to do and see in Oslo for such a short amount of time. Let me know what your picks are (for dessert too). :)

Corie

Hello Blackwing,

My DH & I will be on the Sea Princess on 7/12 too. There isn't much activity on the roll call but I have a lot of the same questions you do. We also don't know what to do and see in Oslo for such a short amount of time. Let me know what your picks are (for dessert too). :)

Corie

Corie, I know I'm jumping in here and completely off topic, but in Oslo because of the short day we took a Princess excusion to Hollmenkollen, The Viking Ship Museum and Vigeland Sculpture Park - great tour, wonderful sights. The sailaway down the Oslo Fjord is amazing.

If I'm not sure, or haven't decided when I'm ordering lunch, I just tell the waiter I'll let him know if I want dessert later. It's never been a problem.

Thanks for the postings. On the Diamond in January, all of the waiters we had wanted us to order dessert with the meal. I never knew what I wanted, and I felt rushed. Next week I will tell them I'm not sure and order later. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself! It's certainly a much more relaxed way to eat a meal. Even if I go to Horizon Court I only take one course at a time.

It seems that if you get one menu and it has the desserts listed.....if you want one...... you should order it then. If you do not.....the waiter will assumed you passed on the dessert.

If there are two menus....the main.....and the dessert menu that comes later.......they expect you to order later.......:)

Archived