What Does Everyone Do In Ensenada?

Jfultz81

There isn't much info on this forum about Ensenada and a lot of questions go unanswered. Surely not all of you stay on the boat??!!

We aren't wine drinkers, we don't ride mountain bikes, and I don't want to cruise to go shopping. Is there anything to do there?

There isn't much info on this forum about Ensenada and a lot of questions go unanswered. Surely not all of you stay on the boat??!!

We aren't wine drinkers, we don't ride mountain bikes, and I don't want to cruise to go shopping. Is there anything to do there?

My DH, BIL, DD, and some nieces and nephews kayaked to the blow hole. They enjoyed it and would do it again. My sister, youngest DD, and I did the cooking class. It was fun.

Yes, we do stay on the ship, makes for a quiet relaxing day.

We've done the blow hole tour and the wine tour. Last time we just got off the ship and walked into town and drank margaritas and shopped. We had signed up for the Fox Studio's tour but it got cancelled due to "lack of participation". Heard it wasn't that good of a tour anyway.

There really isn't much to do there. You can walk to town from the pier but when you get there it is just a mian street with lots of people trying to sell you stuff and a couple of loud bars - Papas and Beer and Hussongs. I have been there a few times and I think if I go again I may just stay on the ship and enjoy the pool if it is a nice day.

We picked up a cab and asked the driver to take us to a restaraunt/bar that he goes to and come back in a half an hour. Of course we had someone who spoke spanish with us. We had the best food ever!!! What a fun ride as well. There is a great community center in Ensenada (wish I could remember the name)...something Riviera...if you did some research it has a great history. There is always some event going on there. Don't believe the people who say that there is nothing in Ensenada. Always ask locals, but not the ones at the piers.

Papas & Beer is our favorite destination in Ensenada. It's a very easy walk from the ship... There is plenty of shopping and other bars in the same area. Same stuff you can find in the other ports but a little cheaper.

We take two or three weekend cruises to Ensenada every year (without the kids) - Papas & Beer (upstairs) is a great place to let your hair down and just have fun! (we were there on Saturday.... :eek: )

• 4 weeks later...

Our son-in-law speaks fluent Spanish and our family group went downtown. We ate really great Mexican food and shopped. We found a place where the shops that went back into a wide walk area. These were very nice folks who did not overwhelm you when you said no. It was a nice shopping experience.

• 4 weeks later...
Papas & Beer is our favorite destination in Ensenada. It's a very easy walk from the ship... There is plenty of shopping and other bars in the same area. Same stuff you can find in the other ports but a little cheaper.

We take two or three weekend cruises to Ensenada every year (without the kids) - Papas & Beer (upstairs) is a great place to let your hair down and just have fun! (we were there on Saturday.... :eek: )

Can you bring a 8 y.o. to these places?

Papa's & Beer and Hussongs....

Are there any beaches you can go hang out on that are close?

Can you bring a 8 y.o. to these places?

Papa's & Beer and Hussongs....

Are there any beaches you can go hang out on that are close?

Not advisable, unless your want your 8 y/o to see alot of drinking and partying.

You could take him/her to the blow hole, it's a big flea market. But the coastline is very pretty out there, and we've eaten out there, and had good food.

In April, we did the Papas & Beer excursion to Rosarito (thru Carnival). We both wanted the beach and this one is right on the beach. I was a little worried about how long the ride would be but I think it took about 45-50 minutes.

It was pretty laid back and relaxing. I think because we were there so early. It did start to see a little more action as we were leaving. I would definitely do it again.

In April, we did the Papas & Beer excursion to Rosarito (thru Carnival). We both wanted the beach and this one is right on the beach. I was a little worried about how long the ride would be but I think it took about 45-50 minutes.

It was pretty laid back and relaxing. I think because we were there so early. It did start to see a little more action as we were leaving. I would definitely do it again.

Can you go to the beach by Papas & Beer w/o having to go to the party area?

Is it a long drive or an easy walk?

Can you go to the beach by Papas & Beer w/o having to go to the party area?

Is it a long drive or an easy walk?

I think you are talking about two different excursions. There is a Rosarito Beach party excursion thru the ship, that takes you by bus to Rosarito Beach about 45-60 minutes north of Ensenada, I don't know how rowdy that excursion gets. Downtown Ensenada has a Pappas and Beer, Mango Tango, etc... Wher people go to party and basically drink alot!

I think you are talking about two different excursions. There is a Rosarito Beach party excursion thru the ship, that takes you by bus to Rosarito Beach about 45-60 minutes north of Ensenada, I don't know how rowdy that excursion gets. Downtown Ensenada has a Pappas and Beer, Mango Tango, etc... Wher people go to party and basically drink alot!

Oh yes after reading thru this again I can see that.

I'll have to do more research on a beach for the family.

Thanks again!

Oh yes after reading thru this again I can see that.

I'll have to do more research on a beach for the family.

Thanks again!

As I mentioned on your other posting. Ensenada is not the place for beaches. There is a whole snorkel area set up in Catalina, that is within walking distance to the tender pier.

Also, if you want beach time, maybe stay a day or two in Southern Cal and hit the beaches.

Archived