Should I book the Legend?

ocho514

Hi everyone, just off the Glory and we are looking to book our next cruise and thinking about the Carnival Legend. Any negatives about the ship or itenarary (sp?) that I should think about beforehand? Thank you in advance

Hi everyone, just off the Glory and we are looking to book our next cruise and thinking about the Carnival Legend. Any negatives about the ship or itenarary (sp?) that I should think about beforehand? Thank you in advance

This is my first time on it but there is a great review by Tinkerbell...(can't remember exactly) but its a great detailed review of it. All the reviews on CC are good. We are excited.

My wife and I just got off Legend at the beginning of April and within 2 days I had booked it again for next year - that should tell you something right there!

Legend is a beautiful ship, and the current itinerary (Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize City, and Roatan) is absolutely superb - one of the best we've ever done.

I used the gym on Legend several times and quite enjoyed both the equipment and the people. All of the other staff that we interacted with were also excellent - very responsive and easy to deal with. We both enjoyed the food - both on the Lido buffet and in the dining room - lots of choice, well done and well presented.

The itinerary is wonderful from several perspectives. As scuba divers, it stops at four absolutely prime dive locations - in fact we dived all four stops. Some friends of ours who were also on the cruise took the opportunities to do some 'free form' touring at each stop and came back with some wonderful reports on all locations. Roatan and Belize city, in particular, are worthy of specific mention. Roatan was far more beautiful than I had expected - both above and below the water. Although we didn't go into Belize city because the scuba tour went out to Turneffe atoll, our friends did, and said that they had a wonderful tour by a local guide.

All I can say is do it!! :)

We went sailing on the Glory May 10th, same as you. Nice review, btw.:D

We loved the Legend. We're going on her again in 17 days. And again in 101 days, and 136 days, and....:D

I also like the convienience of living in Tampa to this port. Also, if you have to fly in, you'll fly into the best airport in the world, TIA.

It's a good ship though. I like the spirit class ships compared to the conquest class ships.:cool:

I have not heard any negative remarks regarding this ship. I have sailed the Glory, and really enjoyed her. But, I have a feeling that I will like the Legend better. I tend to like smaller ships. The Legend is small, but bigger than the Fantasy class ship. So, I'm thinking she'll be awesome. (I love the Fantasy class ships as well, but they don't have many balconies.)

Book it, Dano! (see signature!)

We loved the Legend. We're going on her again in 17 days. And again in 101 days, and 136 days, and....:D

Seriously, are you going on the Legend in October? Cause we have a CC group going then. You should join our thread.

We sail on June 22nd on the Legend. Even tho I wasn't the OP who asked, I jumped right in to read the thread. I cannot wait!!!!

It is right around the corner. I am so looking forward to this cruise with my family but I am still so indecisive on excursions... too many choices!!!

Yes! Loved the Legend, my only complaint was the dark decor (burgundy and orange *shivers*). Also would have prefered to be in the main dining room as opposed to the private club. I wish I was back on. :(

As you can see I'll be on the Legend soon:D. I know the Legend is in the Spirit class ships and the conquest class ships are bigger. Why does everyone like the lay out on the spirit class rev. the conquest class?

This will be our first time at the supper club :D. The fantasy class does not offer this but.... they are great ships!!!!!

As you can see I'll be on the Legend soon:D. I know the Legend is in the Spirit class ships and the conquest class ships are bigger. Why does everyone like the lay out on the spirit class rev. the conquest class?

This will be our first time at the supper club :D. The fantasy class does not offer this but.... they are great ships!!!!!

The Spirit class ships don't have any of those "you can't get there from here" decks. Like getting to the dining room. Everything is a straight shot. Also, the bars and shops are centrally located on decks 2 and 3, rather than being spread out. These ships are by no means small and even longer than the other classes. We just love the layout and how easy it is to find your way around them!

No negatives from me. I just sailed her in March and had a great cruise. :D

I say go for it!!

Archived