No Quicker Way to Kill a Tread(s)

On the other hand, when there are six threads on the front page on Immersion, starting a new thread on Immersion?? I was kinda like huh?? Another one!!! Obviously, it hasnt killed the subject as even more threads on the subject have since sprung up.

And the easy fix to that is to simply lock it, and put a link to the other thread. This way that one will go bye bye, and the remaining thread will still make sense.

Just seems all too easy. :rolleyes:

I think it's a great idea to lump them all together. Especially when 650 of the 700 posts say essentially the same thing. Just like when a question is asked, the answer is given in the first few responses, then there are 50 more posts saying the same thing.

Oh, yeah, I did get up on the right side of the bed today, had a great 5 hour bike ride, low 70's and sunny. Great day!

I think it's a great idea to lump them all together. Especially when 650 of the 700 posts say essentially the same thing. Just like when a question is asked, the answer is given in the first few responses, then there are 50 more posts saying the same thing.

Oh, yeah, I did get up on the right side of the bed today, had a great 5 hour bike ride, low 70's and sunny. Great day!

We had a gorgeous day here, too. I love nice spring days! We haven't had nearly enough of them this year.

I also love off-topic posts. :D

We had a gorgeous day here, too. I love nice spring days! We haven't had nearly enough of them this year.

I also love off-topic posts. :D

Way to go Carol!! Our weather........in Scottsdale, AZ yesterday, was in the 60's...........broke all records for the start of Memorial Day weekend. Last year it was either in the high 90's or low 100's.

So .......I'll probably be banned......since this is off topic!!

Rick

Way to go Carol!! Our weather........in Scottsdale, AZ yesterday, was in the 60's...........broke all records for the start of Memorial Day weekend. Last year it was either in the high 90's or low 100's.

So .......I'll probably be banned......since this is off topic!!

Rick

No kidding Rick, cannot believe it was 110 on Monday and 66 yesterday, unreal. We are appreciating the colder temps :)

###

Another Phoenix area poster here verifying have not seen May days like this as far back as we can remember.

Oh and by the way I agree.

Laura

How long is it supposed to stay cool?

My parents need to visit Mesa for a few weeks and were dreading the hot weather - :D

I'll tell them to hurry up and get down there if it will be cooler for a bit:D

Are you coming to Dickinson this summer?:D

No. :( Life has been hellish around here lately; I missed the deadline to apply for the program, and I really didn't want to leave my kids this summer, since we are apart during the school year. One will be studying in England all next year, and the other in Spain for half a year.

Maybe you could come to Philadelphia soon? ;)

How long is it supposed to stay cool?

My parents need to visit Mesa for a few weeks and were dreading the hot weather - :D

I'll tell them to hurry up and get down there if it will be cooler for a bit:D

Tell them to leave right away!!! Seriously.

Temps slowly increasing each day.. 80s tomorrow..90s Tues and slowly climbing. Next 100 degree day forcasted for June 2nd however that could change.

Today was absolutely wonderful.

Hope they enjoy their visit.

Laura

than to lump it together with 10 other threads (similar subject) so that the reader has to read through 700 posts rather than skim those he choses. Duh. :rolleyes:
That was a point I tried to make this week. The silence at the time was deafening. Not user friendly.

No. :( Life has been hellish around here lately; I missed the deadline to apply for the program, and I really didn't want to leave my kids this summer, since we are apart during the school year. One will be studying in England all next year, and the other in Spain for half a year.

Bummer:(

I'll be hitting the Lilly Pulitzer sale at the VFCC on one or more of these days, June 11-14.:D

To me it is easy - when certain posters prove that they don't check for other threads before starting numerous others on the same subject, simply remove their ability to start new threads for awhile.

How sad for you...

These boards have become "hellish", absolutely hellish. I love OT though.

That only seems to happen on the RCCL board, and yes, it renders the thread useless.

I've noticed the same.

We seem to have some enthusiatic post movers, poofers and combiners on the RCCL board. But I can read the same bashing on the Carnival board for weeks. I guess we should feel priviledged we garner so much attention. ;)

Perfect example, the "Red Neck Thread" on RCCL got poofed TWICE. Launched into oblivion. The CARNIVAL "Red Neck Thread" got moved to the floataway lounge so the members can continue to post on it. Hmmmm, wonder why? :confused: ;)

Bummer:(

I'll be hitting the Lilly Pulitzer sale at the VFCC on one or more of these days, June 11-14.:D

A couple of my friends are the ones who started Lily Pulitzer up again after many years in the fashion graveyard. :)

Bad timing for me..........it's the very end of the school, with reviews and final exams. :(

But I hope that you get some great bargains!

Wow this thread has had a longer shelf life than I would have EVER anticipated. I think the clock is ticking....

I think that the Mods are all at the shore for the Memorial Day weekend. :D (that's "the beach" for the rest of you ;))

I think that the Mods are all at the shore for the Memorial Day weekend. :D (that's "the beach" for the rest of you ;))

Question for Carol

As a teacher, how are you able to take the 2 TAs and other cruises during the school year?

We look forward to meeting you on the Indy TA in November

Archived