Live from the Oasis Event in NYC

Ok, this is absolutely amazing!! My boys and I are sitting here reading and following along with our mouths dropped to the floor!! This is so hard to imagine but soooo cool!!!!!!!

Wish I was there but Melissa, thank you so much for posting this!!!

Don't get your knickers in such a knot - from the location of the tattoo parlor it is more than likely just the tattoo stickers for kids. To go with the face painting, carousel and ice cream parlor. :p

A zip line this is so going to be fun....... wow....... i cant wait to see drawings :D

Go to the Oasis website listed on the page before this and you can see it in the video's!! Watch for it, it is in the top right part of the video.

WOW just WOW

My words exactly. Like a previous poster said - sitting here with my mouth open watching the video. :eek:

I would love love love to do the inaugural cruise, if not - 20th anniversary in april 2010 here we come!

Guess I'll be one of those that chooses to bypass this ship ... it just seems that RCI is trying to cram as much touristy crap as possible on to one ship. And don't get me started on the large number of people.

Oh well, more room for me on the smaller ships.

Hey everyone,

We're here in New York at the Nokia Theater at the Oasis event . I'm going to be sending in mini-reports as new tidbits are revealed!

First up: The second of seven neighborhoods is going to be "The Boardwalk." Passengers will find a vintage carousel, a tatoo parlor and ice cream bar. There'll also be a place to have your fortune told -- if you dare.

The area opens up to outdoor amphitheater looking out onto the sea, with swimming during the day and performances at night. There's also a water fountain that puts on a light show.

Melissa

any announcement on where she will cruise yet? Can't wait!!!!!!!

all I can think right now is OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.. I wanna go already! Incredible...and on the Oasis website they list all the cabin classes....including some suites that I think are new...and not just the Loft Suites.

I have to be honest and say ...I am lost for words..and it isnt often that happens.

She really is out of this world...oh heck I need a drinkie :o :p :D :)

Me too!!! No words to describe this!! The best and coolest! Thanks Royal Caribbean!!!!!

Hey, what do you say we start a pub crawl on this ship!!

How many bars??? LOL!

I wouldn't miss this for the world!!

OMG Cruisingator2!! What incredible photos! I'm showing my kids and when my 11 yr old saw them he asked, "Is there a Shamu in there?!!" LOL! Too funny! I don't think I'll sleep at all on the 2nd of Sept and maybe for several nights before!!

WOW, I am honestly speechless, at a loss of words. This was the number one reason why I brought my laptop of vacation, to check and get the juicy details on the Oasis. And now, WOW.

Those pictures are amazing. The zipline, the aquatheater, carousel, and there has to be a million bars/eateries/etc on board. And the new staterooms, 2 levels, WOW.

I like that they have decided to only dock and no tendering. And they are now bringing Nassau into the picture with the bigger ships again. (Nassau, I'll see you on Friday!!!!) I love St. Maarten, and St. Thomas is okay, but when we sail, we'll probably be sailing the Eastern Route, but Western is great too!

AWESOME!

Incredible yes. But Royal Caribbean has literally turned in a huge carnival. I don't care for a ship with an amusement park, an outdoor garden or a zip line. When half of a ship's cabins face inward instead of out toward the sea, you know you're not on a ship anymore. This is hardly a ship as it is a barge with a piece of Coney Island on it. I lokked at the exterior renderings, and it doesn't even have a promenade under the lifeboats! I mean, the entire environemtn is inward facing except for the lucky I would guess third who have the oceanview balconies, what a shame...

Give me the sea, I don't care for the rest...

Archived