"LIVE" from the Majesty / 06-21-2008

Radio

Elbow Beach is on my list of thing to do this week !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How well is the Majesty Maintained. How is the Food Compared to the RCCL Exos ???? TNX !!!! Keep the pictures Flowing :)

Radio,

Terrific photos. FYI....... This last one of the stern of the ship has a small sailboat in the lower left corner with Maryland Department of Natural Resouces numbers and stickers. Alot of sailboats just finished the Annapolis to Bermuda race so I would guess that alot of folks around town could be from Maryland. If you have a minute you should walk over to see if there are anyone aboard, they could be from home!!!

I can't wait for your next report.

Hey Radio!

I got your 411 from a driver at Corporate Sedan in Owings Mills. Small world!

The three of us (mom & dad + youngest kid) are on the 28 June sailing (right when you disembark!)... looks like we're even at about the same spot on the ship as your stateroom. (Without being too specific, our stateroom # is between 715-735.) :D

I was wondering if you could give us the skinny on the ship's fitness room?

Specifically, do they have elliptical machines, and if so, how many? That's my primary mode of self-abuse. I eat, therefore I "run".

Also, since you're chums with the crew, can you determine what the booking level is for our cruise? The forum here is pretty light for that sailing.

While I'm at it, since we're more interested in R&R than heavy touring, and since we have our baby girl with us, we'll end up spending more time on board than most folks, I expect. So were also interested in whether there's any programming during the days or evenings on board WHILE docked in Bermuda? Any classes, games, sports competitions, trivia challenges, etc.?

Thanks so much!

- - - - JHJMAS

Are you sleepy again? She is the Norwegian Majesty, not Majesty of the Seas:)

Ooops. . . . I have to stop doing that. :confused: :(

Norwegian Magesty. . .

Radio

;) ;)

How well is the Majesty Maintained. How is the Food Compared to the RCCL Exos ???? TNX !!!! Keep the pictures Flowing :)

The food, and service are very good. . . . The maintenance, however shows that the ship has been sold.

I was told that the sale of Magesty (the oldest ship in the NCL fleet), will be the newest ship in the fleet for Louis Cruise Line.

They are very pleased to have her.

Radio

;) ;)

The food, and service are very good. . . . The maintenance, however shows that the ship has been sold.

I was told that the sale of Magesty (the oldest ship in the NCL fleet), will be the newest ship in the fleet for Louis Cruise Line.

They are very pleased to have her.

Radio

Wow. . I have to open my eyes !

Majesty :o

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I got up very early today, and went outside to check my email.

The internet on board has prohibited me from doing that much.

I will be picking up my scooter today, at Oleander’s Scooters. They have locations in St, George’s, Hamilton, the Dockyard and a few others. I have rented from them several times before, and they are very reliable.

The weather forecast for today, is (from the Bermuda Weather Service)“Sunny periods, risk of a few showers later, chance thunder... Winds south-southwesterly moderate, slowly veering southwesterly... High near 28°C/83°F. “

I have alot to do today. . . .

Here are a few pics from last night, and this morning.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Gangway last night

TUES4.jpg

Terminal Security

TUES6.jpg

Majesty early this morning

TUES2.jpg

My Internet Station next to the ship

TUES5.jpg

LOL !!!! Naughty for breaking the law!!!

Ha ha ha. . .The officials have allowed me to sit there... a bunch of crew is usually there as well . The pilots love Cruise Critic too !

I was in front of the Ship Pilot Station. . . .

Radio

Ha ha ha. . .The officials have allowed me to sit there... a bunch of crew is usually there as well . The pilots love Cruise Critic too !

I was in front of the Ship Pilot Station. . . .

Radio

Looks a breezy day today in BDA, according to the St George PTZ Cam.

Great Job Radio.. these pics will last me a lifetime of wonderful memories..

one request on your way out or back to the ship. could you stop in the White Horse Tavern and maybe get a shot of the servers? i know an odd request.. but spent many an afternoon delighting in the conch fritters and amstel. They are marvelous lads and lassies there and there's hardly any turnover so it would be great to see them again. Also a head's up.. a good take in is usually the crew party (if they still hold it there, usually the last night before sailing back) it's nice to see some of your favorite crew members let their hair down and be able to socialize with them. Thank you lots for the reports and pics thusfar. And don't ride your scooter to the Swizzle Inn... the roads seem to get more narrow and more curvey after lunching there :rolleyes: Thanks my friend.. always enjoy your reports

Weary Traveler

Hi Radio,

As you can see in my signature, I've only ever cruised with RCCL. My biggest (and hopefully, most irrational) fear is navigating Freestyle Dining. I can deal with an older ship. I can handle less than perfect carpet and paint. But what I'd really hate to give up is a good dining experience. I fear standing in long lines, worrying about reservations, impersonal dining room staff, etc. How has the dining experience been so far? How hard is it to get the reservation times that you want?

Smooth sailing. Let us know all the scoop. We sail on 7/5. Will follow your trip on the boards.

My family will be there, too! Any suggestions for excursions to do on our own? We love snorkeling and beaches.

Security Check in at the Terminal

sa9.jpg

This picture is very helpful to me ... I am wondering what the largest size luggage would be to fit through the security scanners at Port of Baltimore. It's just me & dh & we're trying to pack light. I'd like to carry all of our stuff onboard ourselves but don't want to wind up with something that's too big & slowing down the check-in process. Our largest rolling suitcase is 28" but we have smaller ones too.

Do you recall seeing any sign sposted about luggage size or what's your best guess? We're leaving Saturday.

Why do you need to get off the ship to get Internet access? Is it turned-off while in port? Or is it not worth it?

I have been using Wi Fi the whole trip. . . The Wi Fi on the ship is expensive. . .$100 for 270 min. . . the WiFi ouside the ship is FREE ! I am just connecting to a Unsecured Server. . .

You can still us the ship's Wi Fi while in dock. . . But the external is fast and free !

Radio

;) ;)

I just got back to the ship. . . . I will post pics a little later ! I need to get cleaned up, and grab a bite !

I went to Tobbacco Bay, St Catherine's Beach, Snorkel Park, Dockyard.

I will post many pics tonight !

Tomorrow I will go to the South Shore Beaches. . .

Radio

;) ;)

>I just got back to the ship. . . . I will post pics a little later ! I need to get cleaned up, and grab a bite !

I will post many pics tonight !

Tomorrow I will go to the South Shore Beaches. . .<

Wow! That's a lot to see in one day. You must be exhausted! Thanks so much for all the wonderful pictures and reports. Now I really can't wait to get there in September!

Is that like burning the candle at both ends? ;) I really want to try snorkeling in Tobacco Bay the next time I am in Bermuda! It's a very pretty place!

Theron

Archived