"LIVE" from the Majesty / 06-21-2008

Radio

Thanks for the clarification of the deck number. We are also booked in a CC cabin but port side forward. Probably across the ship from Radio's cabin. The photo Radio took makes me feel so much better. The photo on the web site seems so small.

Yeah, the Cabin is a little small. . .But there is enough room for my brother and I.

It is very convenient to be on the Promenade deck.

The cabins that are shown in the brochure are mid ship on the same deck. I am all the way FWD Starboard. . .

I will post some more pics of the cabin soon. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks, Radio! We are going out of Philadelphia in Sept. We love your pictures. We are on Biscayne Deck 432. What is the number of that deck?

Can't wait for Bermuda pictures. Have a great week!

Kathi and Scott

Thanks, Radio! We are going out of Philadelphia in Sept. We love your pictures. We are on Biscayne Deck 432. What is the number of that deck?

Can't wait for Bermuda pictures. Have a great week!

Kathi and Scott

That would be Deck 4. . .

Bermuda Pics will be coming soon !

Thanks for the nice comments.

Radio

;) ;)

Bermuda Pics will be coming soon !

Radio

;) ;)

Can you please take pictures of the reefs you see while approaching Bermuda, and also the TOWN CUT!!

Looking forward to seeing more of your pics.

BTW the weather is glorious today - 80*F and sunny and calm seas!

thanks for help in knowing about st. georges club med closing stuff. especially because i was bummed about possibly not getting to go to tobacco bay. my mr. isn't a swimmer but he felt comfortable at the bay just walking about in the water.

we plan to go to horseshoe bay this go around. any non swimmers out there who can give an opinion as to their comfort level at this beach? or maybe an alternative if it isn't so hot? i've read that jobson cove is nice for kids and those who aren't as skilled in the water. we love kids (have 3 grands) but it would be nice to "get away" from the...can't think of a delicate word. Loudness?! I read that jobson cove can be saturated with young children.

Hello everyone ! We are about 50nm from Bermuda. We are scheduled to pick up the Pilot at 1:30PM.

The weather today is pretty good. The Bermuda Weather forecast is for Partly Cloudy, and 80f. That sounds pretty good to me !

I am thinking about going over to Destination Dockyard tonight, up at King’s Wharf.

They will have a lot of exhibits, and vendors until late. The Clocktower mall also stays open late. Royal Caribbean an Norwegian should be offering entertainment for this event.

The last ferry leaves the Dockyard at about 7PM, so I will have to get a cab back to St George’s. I will wait and see if they have modified the SeaExpress ferry Schedule before I decide.

I may end up exploring St Georges a little when we get in. I have heard that there are many Wi-Fi areas around the dock. I will search out the Wi-Fi areas and post where you can find them.

I received a call last night from the Concierge, inviting us to Le Bistro this morning for breakfast. The menu selections were very nice. I will try to post a few menus.

Here are some pics from last night, and this morning. . . More pics will be posted from our arrival into Bermuda !

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

The Not so Newlywed Game

MON1.jpg

Early Morning Café Royale

MON4.jpg

Early Morning Royal Observatory (Pasta Café)

MON5.jpg

Royal Observatory (Deck 9FWD)

MON6.jpg

Deck 7 FWD below the Bridge

MON14.jpg

We are almost there !

MON15.jpg

Hi, it is just so nice of you to take the time from your vacation to let us all see and hear about the Majesty to Bermuda -Thank You:p

We have sailed to Bermuda from Boston twice, once in '96 when it was Royal Majesty, then about 8 years ago after NCL and the stretch. We're booked to go in May '09 on the last sailing from CHS and I'm unsure about my choice of cabin. Both times we were OK with the tiny ones, once IS and then OV. I've got a mid ship "E" on Deck 8 now, but wish I had peaked into one of those pie shaped cat C forward on deck 6; I know it could be rough sailing in the front. Or maybe just switching to one of the few cat E's on Promenade since it would be easy to walk outside. Anyone who has any ideas on that, sure love some advice.

Thanks so much again, we are anxiously awaiting your arrival; it's such a thrill to go through the cut and wave to everyone greeting the ship.

Radio

If you go out on deck, port side, and tell us exactly where you are, i.e. Promenade deck under a lifeboat, and wave a big towel, you can wave to all of us who are watching the St. George live webcam when you dock in St. George.:D

Promenade deck you say...let me know if you encounter a wild-eyed blonde 6 year old who is being followed by a screeching skinny blonde lady.

That would be my daughter and my mother.

It is likely that the kid will walk right up to you and announce to you that either A: Her birthday was in May or 2: She's on a swim team. If you see her, tell her that Daddy says to behave.

That should freak her out right-good.

The child was on the Majesty in 2001 when we took the same trip on the same ship but from Boston. Only thing...she doesn't remember. Being the size of a pin-head will do that. (We found out my wife was pregnant only after that trip...and about 40 gallons of rum)

Hello everyone. . . We gave arrived in Bermuda. We tied up at the dock (Ordnance Island Pier) at 2:30PM (Atlantic Time).

The ship should be cleared by about 3PM. I will wait until the rush of passengers are off of the ship, and then we will get of.

Today I have decide that I will just explore st Georges Island. I will probably rent a scooter tomorrow. . .

I am planning to go to the Crystal caves, and the Bermuda National Aquarium, and Zoo. I also plan in going to Hamilton, and the Dockyard.

I will try to get over to Elbow beach, Horseshoe Beach, the airport, and to the Gibson Lighthouse.

We will just have to see how the weather holds up.

Here are a couple of pics from our arrival !

Radio

The Pilot just boarded the Majesty

MON20.jpg

My GPS is busy Tracking our Route

MON19.jpg

I Love the Blue Water of Bermuda !

MON21.jpg

The Majesty is being welcomed by the Town Crier. . .

MON17.jpg

St George’s Island

MON16.jpg

We have arrived !

MON18.jpg

Radio, you take absolutely incredible pics. I can picture myself in those places that I enjoyed in Jan. Your photos are so much better than mine.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I agree I like Grandeur better, but Majesty is nice.

Well Radio,

Thanks to your great pics my wallet is about to get a bit lighter!! :p

We did the Majesty's western Caribbean route two years ago and had a great time. Now it looks like we have to do Bermuda as well. We live in the Charleston area, so I gues I've run out of excuses. The Majesty can't be beat for price and the fact that she stays docked in St. George for three days.

Thanks for the updates and your wonderful pics!!

I have read in previous posts about coupons that you can purchase onboard for a minimal cost in order to buy lunch or dinner at restaurants in Bermuda. Is this still available? If so, how does it work and what is the cost?

When purchasing bus/ferry passes, are you able to use credit cards?

Are you assigned to a particular dining room based on your room assignment/deck? Are you able to change this if you wish? Please review some of the food if possible!

Thank you for the beautiful photos and all the info. I was looking forward to this trip to begin with, and now after reading your posts and see the photos, I'm so exicited I can hardly wait!

Its my understadning that the Dine Ashore vouchers are no longer being used. Apparently NCL and the restaurants could not reach agreement on reimburesment.

You are not assigned to a dining room. Go to whichever you want! :D

I have looked at many (including mine) photos of Bermuda and yours are without a doubt the best I have ever seen except in maybe a travel magazine.

You took the words right out of my mouth (er. . . fingers)! These pictures are absolutely amazing and truly joy-jolting. That blue water!!! WOW!!!!

You rock, Radio! Bless you, bless you, bless you for bringing us on your cruise with you!!

Dude . . . there are 4,170 page views already. . . and it's only Monday!!! :D

I will try to get over to Elbow beach, Horseshoe Beach, the airport, and to the Gibson Lighthouse.

Radio, last year we went to Elbow Beach and loved it. Nice wide, long beach with beautiful water. Snorkeling wasn't much though. There's a resort at one end where you can get a few adult beverages. ;-)

Hello everyone. . . The weather was perfect today ! Warm temps (82f), and sunny skies.

I walked around St. George’s this afternoon, and visited a few shops.

You can get FREE Internet at the Post office as was previously reported. . .but only 10Min. . .Oooops.

I will need more than that. I went to Café Latte, a few blocks from the pier (1 block from the Post office), and they have 4 Internet terminals.

The cost is only .16/ min if you rent for 1 hour. You can also connect your laptop, if you have one for the same cost.

I went to a few shops. . . Mrs. Radio had a few requests. I will look more in Hamilton.

I also went to a great Drug Store (Davidson’s) where I purchased a USA Today (1.75 ouch), and a local paper (Royal Gazette). There are quite a few pubs and restaurants here in St George.

NCL no longer offers passengers the Freestyle Vouchers. . .Instead they recommend many places to dine while in Bermuda.

I was told that if you show them your ship card, then you will receive a discount, or a buy 1 get 1 promotion. . . or maybe a special for appetizer or dessert. The specials will vary by each restaurant.

When I came off of the ship later tonight (830PM) , I went out to see if I would have better luck with Wi-Fi. It worked !

I am connected currently with FREE Wi Fi. There were several Crew Members hanging out at the H.M. Customs building (50 ft from the ship).

The crew members I spoke with suggested that they get a special crew price on the Ship ($20 for 3 Hours). . . He admitted that that was very cheap, but free is even cheaper ! ha ha ha. . .

There will be a Comedian in the Palace Theatre tonight (9PM), and a Tropical Deck Party later at 10:30. I will try to stay up for it.

Still no schedule for tomorrow. I think that Wednesday, and Thursday will bring showers, so I will try to do as much as I can on Tuesday.

So Long for now. . I will try to catch the Comedian.

Tomorrow, we will be joined by the Norwegian Dream (right behind us at the Pennos Wharf Pier). Hopefully the weather will be good, and she will dock here instead of Hamilton.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Welcome to Bermuda

MONPM5.jpg

St George’s Bermuda Town Hall

MONPM2.jpg

Majesty at the Dock

MONPM1.jpg

Café Latte

MONPM7.jpg

Majesty Gangway

MONPM8.jpg

Majesty of the Seas

MONPM4.jpg

Radio, last year we went to Elbow Beach and loved it. Nice wide, long beach with beautiful water. Snorkeling wasn't much though. There's a resort at one end where you can get a few adult beverages. ;-)

Elbow Beach is on my list of thing to do this week !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio,

Bravo on this trip report. Bermuda is on my cruise list but right now 5 nights on EOS is not long enough for me. I read your Jan LOS and your Westerdam report and they are terrific. Would like to hear your comparisons to rccl when you get back. Looks like the weather has been in your favor this week.

Thanks for taking the time...much appreciated....

Archived