"LIVE" from the Majesty / 06-21-2008

Radio

When you are going to the South Shore beaches tomorrow I suggest you hop off bus at Warwick Long Bay Beach to visit Jobson's Cove and walk west on trails and beaches to Horseshoe Bay. Then you walk the whole length of Horseshoe to the west end where there is a place to buy eats and drinks. There is a $1 shuttle there to take you to the top (main road and bus stop.

Then come over to Hamilton - Harbour Nights starts at 7.

The beautiful ocean yachts are arriving into Bermuda on the Newport-Bermuda yacht race all day tomorrow and it will be a sight at the Royal Yacht Club in Hamilton tomorrow evening while it is still light. Public are allowed to enter to walk around and look (or gape) at the yachts.

Hello everyone. Wow ! Did I ever say how much I love Bermuda ?

I can’t seem to get enough of visiting Bermuda. Mrs. Radio has suggested that she would love to fly to Bermuda, and stay for a week.

I agree with her. Bermuda is so lovely, and the Bermuda locals are so friendly. It is tough to see Bermuda during a 1 night stay or a 3 night stay

It seems that many cruise ships passengers have decided to stay on land for at least 1 night, to sample the flavor of Bermuda more.

NCL has advised all passengers who will not be returning to the ship each night, to advise your cabin attendant, and the Security Personnel when they get off of the ship.

I rented a scooter early today, and went over to Tobacco Bay Beach, and Fort St Catherine. I also visited St Catherine’s Beach. It was very early so the beaches were very bare.

I got on the 12 Noon SeaExpress Ferry, and went over to Kings Wharf (Royal Naval Dockyard) the Grandeur of the Seas was there as expected. She left this afternoon at 4PM.

I really miss the Grandeur of the Seas. She is currently sailing from Norfolk, but will be returning to Baltimore in September.

I was able to visit the Bermuda Maritime Museum.(I seem to do that every time I am in Bermuda)

I visited the Clocktower Mall, and it was very nice and cool in there ! I also had to stop at the Swiss Connection. . .a very nice Internet Café in the Mall.

I came to back to the ship to get cleaned up, and get a bite to eat. I went back out and headed up to Ft George.

This is site where the best Bermuda Webcam is located.

You can get the link to it on my site HERE.

I went over to Bermuda Airport (LF Wade International Airport ), just to see where it was located , check out the terminals. I asked, but there was NO Starbucks. . . No Starbucks at an Airport ? Oh well, I had to have a cup of local coffee.

I am about to head out to the St George’s Street Fair. . .It should be nice. I may be able to get a few bargains. . .

Here are a few pics from today. . . I will post many more pics when I return home.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Fort St Catherine Beach

T1.jpg

Fort St Catherine Beach and Fort St Catherine (under renovation)

T18.jpg

Beautiful Water at Gates Fort Park (Bermuda National Park)

T3.jpg

Grandeur of the Seas

T9.jpg

SeaExpress Ferry and Grandeur

T11.jpg

Reefs off the coast of Maritime Museum

T15.jpg

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

The Fort at the Maritime Museum at the Dockyard

T13.jpg

Snorkel Park Beach

T16.jpg

Pink Bus at Kings Wharf

T22.jpg

Bermuda’s Finest drive in this fast Toyota Corolla

T23.jpg

The new Pier at Kings Wharf is almost completed. . .They are starting to

construct the Passenger Terminal.

T14.jpg

More Pier Construction. . .2 mega Ships will be docked here when

completed, in April 2009

T12.jpg

OK, OK. . . These are the last for today. . . .

More pics tomorrow. . .

Radio

Town Cut Passage

T29.jpg

Norwegian Dream heading in to St George’s Harbor

T21.jpg

NCL Dream, and Majesty

T6.jpg

NCL Dream behind us at Pennos Wharf Pier

T5.jpg

Fort George

T27.jpg

NCL Majesty from Fort George (Grandeur of the Seas in the background heading back to Norfolk, VA)

T26.jpg

Radio,

We feel like we are right there with you! We are so excited to return to Bermuda. The pics from today are awesome but some of them only show part of a picture. Are you having internet problems or uploading problems? I wonder if it is just my computer or are others having the same problem? Keep sending the pics--we are loving this pre-tour! Have another great day tomorrow!

Scott and Kathi

Radio,

We feel like we are right there with you! We are so excited to return to Bermuda. The pics from today are awesome but some of them only show part of a picture. Are you having internet problems or uploading problems? I wonder if it is just my computer or are others having the same problem? Keep sending the pics--we are loving this pre-tour! Have another great day tomorrow!

Scott and Kathi

Perhaps that "free" internet is a little slower than it could be!! I'm sure he'll fix them when he gets a chance.

Theron

must be about 745am there and i can smell the omelets cooking on the pool deck thank you for the lovely lovely pictures.. am wearing my white horse tavern tee shirt this morning enjoying Bermuda with you lol. fantastic pics! and i had heard about snorkel beach.. but never saw.. now i have! thank you! cant believe they're almost finished with the pier extension down at the wharf.. hope you are enjoying St George and the festival last night.. enjoy your time there and tell everyone at the white horse Weary said hello.

Paul

Hi Radio;

Love your reports! Thank you so much for taking the time and being so thorough. We sail her on 9/20 from Philly; it is our first cruise on NCL. Have many cruises on RCI and Celebrity. We are in a DD stateroom, similar to yours. My main concern is the size of the bathroom and shower as I am a plus-size gal. Could you take a couple photos of that room for me? I'd be so grateful. Have a great time and smooth sailing back. Thanks again! Kelli

Hello everyone. . .Thanks to the fine folks at Cafe Latte, I was able to secure a very fast internet connection, and reload all of the pics that I was trying to post.

Everyone should be able to view now.

It is another sunny day here in Bermuda. last week when I checked the forecast, it was calling for showers everyday ! We have only seen a few showers, for brief periods this week so far !

here are a few pics from the Festival last night, and a couple pics from this morning. . .

Radio

St George's Market Night

w1.jpg

Gombey Dancers

w2.jpg

Lots of people were there. . . The music was great.

w3.jpg

Sunset over Market Square

w4.jpg

Early today. . .over Market Square

w5.jpg

Very Fast internet, and Great Coffee, at Caffe` Latte

w6.jpg

Hi Radio,

As you can see in my signature, I've only ever cruised with RCCL. My biggest (and hopefully, most irrational) fear is navigating Freestyle Dining. I can deal with an older ship. I can handle less than perfect carpet and paint. But what I'd really hate to give up is a good dining experience. I fear standing in long lines, worrying about reservations, impersonal dining room staff, etc. How has the dining experience been so far? How hard is it to get the reservation times that you want?

It has been very easy to get reservation. . . . Make your reservations early in the day, and you wont have any problems. there will be NO Line !

Oh yeah, and the food has been very good too! ;)

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio, thanks for keeping us posted. I can't wait to sail on her the 19th. Sounds like you are missing RCL? Is it really that different? I actually am a Carnival girl. We have sailed on Grandeur to Bermuda, and now in July we will be on the Majesty. Bermuda is a very "different" kind of place, I love it. BTW, I went to your site and couldn't find the web cam. Can you post a link for me? Thanks a million! Have a great day!

Hello everyone. . .Thanks to the fine folks at Cafe Latte, I was able to secure a very fast internet connection, and reload all of the pics that I was trying to post.

Radio, is the access at Cafe Latte free or pay?

Was the search for free Wifi too much and you're using Cafe Latte?

Love the pictures and info, thanks for doing this!

Hi Radio.

Thank you so much for all of your live reports! I enjoyed your live reports from the Grandeur two years ago as you psyched us up for our vacation aboard that lovely ship, and we are actually looking forward to going on the Grandeur, again, in a little less than a month. However, we will be doing the Eastern Carribean this time. We really want to get back to Bermuda. We vasillated between our familiarity and comfort zone with RCCL or trying something new and having a little more time in Bermuda with the 7-night cruise on the Norwegian Majesty. Your photos are making me yearn to get back to Bermuda, and your positive comments are making me feel more comfortable about trying another ship. Thank you again, so much, for all of your time to post your experiences and comments to us! I love your website, and I have added it to my favorites. :D Have a wonderful time! Happy cruising!

Meilnda

thanks for all the lovely pics. especially the water shots. bermuda blue is the best. i lived on guam 3 years and never saw water that blue. thanks for the reservation info for dinner. we have only cruised once (RCI) and we were always eating on the run. this time we may sit and enjoy the cruise ship dining experience.

now a question. how do the beds compare to RCI? we've read they are a bit uncomfortable. not that it matters much. i'm looking forward to some good sleeping on board, just like last time! me and the mr. slept like rocks.

thanks again for sharing with us.

Radio, as always, thank you for this great virtual trip! ;)

I agree with Mrs. Radio, especially since we're so close to Bermuda. We've flown to Bermuda 3 times and that's the way to go. You can still get good rates on direct flights through USA3000 from BWI. ;)

My wife & I will be on the Jewel in October, but we also appreciate your reporting. Especially your pictures. They are awesome.

Charles

Hello Charles,

What date in October...I just found an email this morning from Vacation Outlet and we're thinking of doing the Jewel in October, too! :D

Archived