"LIVE" from the Majesty / 06-21-2008

Radio

Radio, You've heard the great comments from others but I also want to thank you for such an excellent preview of the Majesty and sacrificing your time for a ride along. Didn't your bags feel heavy @ demarkation with all of the CC family packed in them? :D

I've never been to Bermuda but I am on the 7/5 sailing and can't wait.

Your photography rocks and your review will help us to make the best of our cruise. Take care.

Thanks Brian,

3 of the things that made this trip great was:

• Three Nights in Bermuda !
  • Great Weather !
  • A GREAT Crew !

I have cruised to Bermuda 7 times since 2005, and this was the BEST weather I have ever experienced. . .

I am sure that the weather will never be as good !

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all your info & photos. We booked our Majesty cruise today using the Latitudes promo...1/2 off for the 2nd passenger. Can you remember which AB Suite that is in your photos 23-26?

Here are a few more pics that I forgot to post. . . .

Radio

A Tugboat , from the SeaExpress ferry over to the Dockyard

EX9.jpg

Beautiful Beach at Elbow Beach Resort on the South Side

EX14.jpg

Flamingos at the Bermuda National Zoo / Aquarium

EX12.jpg

Shopping Area on Majesty / Deck 5

EX2.jpg

Boardroom , on Deck 5 (The Officers met here often during the week)

EX3.jpg

i agree with crystal*lady. i can't wait for sat. either. maybe we'll meet on the cruise. is it too soon to count hours and minutes!? i think i'm driving my dh crazy. good thing i have to work the morning of the cruise. i'll be out of his hair...saying "is it time to go yet?"

i agree with crystal*lady. i can't wait for sat. either. maybe we'll meet on the cruise. is it too soon to count hours and minutes!? i think i'm driving my dh crazy. good thing i have to work the morning of the cruise. i'll be out of his hair...saying "is it time to go yet?"

Just to let you know that we are having an impromtu Meet N Greet in the Royal Observatory after muster @ approx 5-7pm. Check out the Roll Call.

Hi Radio! Cannot open your newest group of photos. Got an error message that says "Oops" and says that the URL is either incorrect or the link sent me incorrectly to this page. They are also asking for me to upload FTP sofware. I got all the other photos OK, so I'm not sure why I can't get these! Thanks for all the great info. Will you be posting a full review on Cruise Critic??

Radio,

Thanks for the great photos and descriptions. Your posts have answered many questions and amped my anticipation of my own trip.

If you have time for a real newbie question, what's an embarkation card photo?

Thanks,

Boston Birder

>>We boarded at 11:30Am, and I really like the way that NCL takes the >>Embarkation card photo during Check –In. RCI takes the photo while you >>are in line (after check in, and before boarding)

Radio,

Thanks for the great photos and descriptions. Your posts have answered many questions and amped my anticipation of my own trip.

If you have time for a real newbie question, what's an embarkation card photo?

Thanks,

Boston Birder

When you receive your Key Card (embarkation card) they take your picture. Each time you swipe your card to board the ship, the photo pops up on the computer so they can verify that it is you. When we checked in in Baltimore, they took the picture when they made the key card.

Radio, >SNIP<If you have time for a real newbie question, what's an embarkation card photo?

Thanks,

Boston Birder .

When you enter or leave any ship. . . Your room key (CARD) is entered into an A-PASS Machine. . . (That will let the Ship know who is on or off of the Vessel)

On other Cruise Lines. . You check in at the Terminal; where you receive your Room Key (Card) . . . then you wait in line to board the Ship, and they will enter your room key in the APASS Machine and take your photo . (Now it is attached to your card). . .

With NCL and HAL, they take your photo while checking you in, so you don't have to stop again while in line before boarding. . .

I hope I explained that clearly. . . . NCL and HAL have a better system for this process, than RCI !

Radio

Hi Radio! Cannot open your newest group of photos. Got an error message that says "Oops" and says that the URL is either incorrect or the link sent me incorrectly to this page. They are also asking for me to upload FTP sofware. I got all the other photos OK, so I'm not sure why I can't get these! Thanks for all the great info. Will you be posting a full review on Cruise Critic??

The pics are done. . . I should have my review by Sunday. . .

My back to work schedule is a little hectic. . . .

Radio

Radio, thanks so much for all your wonderful photos and information. I can't wait for our trip Aug. 30th. Did you post the daily's somewhere and maybe I missed them? Thanks again!

Yes, I just increased the size. . . They are bigger now . . .

Radio

Thanks for posting Radio! All the pics were awesome, I got to the end of the menus and thought "Gee the week goes by so fast" I also saw a couple Items and thought to myself.... "I'll have that...." and then had to remind myself I was not actually in the dining room.

Thanks for making them bigger as well.... My old eyes, combined with my high resolution setting on my screen made them hard to read.

Thanks for taking us with you again!

Hi Radio,

We booked the 7-day to Bermuda from Philly on Majesty in September. We were excited, and then I found your thread and all the great photos and now we're REALLY excited. Thanks for taking the time (and making the not inconsiderable effort) to write, upload photos, find a good spot to connect, etc.

We're in Baltimore, and based on your glowing recommendation, will likely schedule a sail from our home port next year.

Thanks again!

M/V Oslofjord -- 1962

M/V Bergensfjord -- 1962

Queen Mary 2 -- 2008

Radio, thanks so much for all your wonderful photos and information. I can't wait for our trip Aug. 30th. Did you post the daily's somewhere and maybe I missed them? Thanks again!

I should have the Freestyle Daily's posted by Sunday. . . ( I have to work this weekend. . . )

My Mom and Dad will be sailing on Aug 16th ! :)

Radio

I should have the Freestyle Daily's posted by Sunday. . . ( I have to work this weekend. . . )

My Mom and Dad will be sailing on Aug 16th ! :)

Radio

Boy, Radio, it sure isn't the same as being on a cruise with all that 'free' time.... ;)

Hope your Mom and Dad have a great time. Are they going on the Majesty too?

Jackie

Hi Radio,

We booked the 7-day to Bermuda from Philly on Majesty in September. We were excited, and then I found your thread and all the great photos and now we're REALLY excited. Thanks for taking the time (and making the not inconsiderable effort) to write, upload photos, find a good spot to connect, etc.

We're in Baltimore, and based on your glowing recommendation, will likely schedule a sail from our home port next year.

Thanks again!

M/V Oslofjord -- 1962

M/V Bergensfjord -- 1962

Hi -

Are you on the 9/20 cruise??? If so, join our Roll Call.

Thanks.

Boy, Radio, it sure isn't the same as being on a cruise with all that 'free' time.... ;)

Hope your Mom and Dad have a great time. Are they going on the Majesty too?

Jackie

Yes. . . Same ship ! and the Same Deck. . . Their cabin is on the Port Side.

They have sailed on Horizon and Zenith, so the ship size will be no problem. . .

Radio

"Radio", This is the best travelogue that I have ever seen. Although we have cruised extensively in the Caribbean , thanks to you, Bermuda is now certainly in our cruising future. Thanks for the journey... Ccruzer

When you enter or leave any ship. . . Your room key (CARD) is entered into an A-PASS Machine. . . (That will let the Ship know who is on or off of the Vessel)

On other Cruise Lines. . You check in at the Terminal; where you receive your Room Key (Card) . . . then you wait in line to board the Ship, and they will enter your room key in the APASS Machine and take your photo . (Now it is attached to your card). . .

Radio

And yet another CruiseN00b question:

Do you get to keep this card after you leave the ship?

Seems to me that it would make a fantastic souvenir... :rolleyes:

And yet another CruiseN00b question:

Do you get to keep this card after you leave the ship?

Seems to me that it would make a fantastic souvenir... :rolleyes:

Yes, you get to keep it. . .

Radio

Love your photos! DD and I did Majesty in 2007 and it really brings back memories. Thank you so much for sharing.

Question about photo titled Cat 1/triple/beds split/deck 6. It looks like the photo was taken from the doorway, but in the mirror it seems like you can see thru the doorway to the other side of the hall. So -are you invisible? Seriously, I am curious about how the photo was taken.

Thanks much!

Yes. . . Same ship ! and the Same Deck. . . Their cabin is on the Port Side.

They have sailed on Horizon and Zenith, so the ship size will be no problem. . .

Radio

We will be on the Aug 16th Majesty cruise. Maybe we may run into them. We are on Majesty deck, one of the front end cabins. Thanks for great previews of coming attractions. I am looking forward to this trip.

Seriously, I am curious about how the photo was taken.

That question occurred to me too. As well as, "On your website, how did you take the pictures of public areas (like pools) in broad daylight where there are no people? Did you grab photos off a cruiseline's website?"

Sue <-- sitting in a Baltimore hotel the night before the Majesty 7/5 cruise, having driven by the Cruise Maryland terminal today and smiling inside because I was able to recognize it from Radio's pictures! :D

That question occurred to me too. As well as, "On your website, how did you take the pictures of public areas (like pools) in broad daylight where there are no people? Did you grab photos off a cruiseline's website?"

Sue <-- sitting in a Baltimore hotel the night before the Majesty 7/5 cruise, having driven by the Cruise Maryland terminal today and smiling inside because I was able to recognize it from Radio's pictures! :D

No. . . . I never grabbed pics from NCL's website (Unless I gave them credit)

I think some of the photos were done just after boarding, or late on debarkation day. . .

Radio

Archived