Travel Channel Samantha Brown Brilliance Tour

kroozman

I'm watching the Travel Channel show of Samantha Brown on the Brilliance in the Med. Just curious but can anyone tell what deck her cabin is on? She has a standard balcony cabin but the balcony itself seems larger than normal and it seems to be on one of the top decks. Anyone recognize it?

Thanks all. I was wondering because I had just got off the Brilliance in Barcelona when she was getting on and the balcony seemed large. What a beautiful ship. Just like her sisters. Captain Mike was awesome. Very informative. Recently I had a chance to cruise on the Jewel on a Canada/Maine cruise and it is almost an exact replica of the Brilliance. After a day or two, I thought I was on the Brilliance. She is also awesome! I can't wait to cruise on either of them soon.

I was hoping to see more of the ship too. So I guess we just have to wait until January when we sail on the Brilliance. They did not show much of the ship, did not mention the formal dinners, the windjammer or the Seaview Cafe, they did touch lightly on the two alternative restaurants. I thought they might show some of the other cabins, but they did not.

Annieeee

I thought the stuff on the ports was pretty good...good enough to make me consider a Mediterrean cruise in the next 2-3 years..however,she mentioned NOTHING about the food nor the entertainment on the ship...they show her attending a dress rehersal for a show,then apparently,never attending it....some pics of the ship,which looks beautiful,but again,little information about life on board including only a line or two about her cabin;and very little about that gorgeous balcony.....so for me,A- on the ports of call,D on the "life on the ship" section.

I concur! More time was spent on private land excursion and not enough of the ship;Broader view of the Main Dining Room, The Country Club, Windjammer Cafe etc. since she was a V.I.P. For first time cruisers Samantha could explain the Sea Pass system. How long she stayed in each port etc. I would watch the show again!

I really enjoyed the show as well. And like others have suggested, 1 hour just didn't do it justice. I would have liked to have seen more of the ship and its offerings along with the ports, etc.

It was enough to solidify that we are chosing RCI next!

I loved the itinerary of the cruise...We are so used to the carribean that it made me long for something "different.

I will have to say I would Hate that balcony...very little privacy which is what we love about having a balcony...our own little space. I didn't realize the radiance class ships had these 1/2 dividers. Sailing on the jewel in a few weeks!

I thought it kind of strange that they didn't focus more on the ship and less on the ports of call. We've been on the Brilliance twice and was hoping to see some of the staff and crew that we had known. I'm sure that RCI paid a bundle for that 60 minute, wait make that 120 minute commercial (adding the Radiance hour) and wanted to address different aspects of cruising between the two shows.

I really liked the part showing the kids running and cavorting in the adults only pool. Where was Folgy when he was needed???

18_1_28v.gif

Stretch

Ditto to the ship not being covered enough. However, did you hear her comment at the end...wonder where my next cruise will take me?

The ports were nice but they just about needed 1/2 hour for each one!! I think on the ship....not so much exercise!!! stuff!!! More social stuff!!

Lou

I was disappointed they didn't show more of the ship and staff also, but I thought the show did a great job of promoting a mediterranean cruise. Sure made me wish I was back on board! Did anyone else notice how empty the pool deck was?

Flame away, but the show wasn't titled "A View of the Brilliance", it was "Samantha Brown's First Cruise". Her normal hotel reviews will critique her surroundings and then they normally explore what's around the hotel area for visiting. They really didn't stray far from the formula IMHO. And they did mention that you have multiple options aboard (she is definitely the "Shore Excursion" type) and even mentioned the famous "Day at Sea" (with frozen drink in hand).

I mentioned this on the other thread, but I was "glad" they showed more on the ports of call. I know the layouts pretty well on RCI ships, but have never even considered a European cruise...

... until last night. My DW's dream trip would include Italy and France and that itinerary was awesome. It even got me to peek at some of the dates and prices out in the future. If I trade in my next two vacations I might just be able to squeeze one of those mega-trips in (plus a few $$$$). LOL!

It made me realize there is more to life than just the Caribbean. :cool:

(Although that's not bad)

Archived