What was your biggest "surprise" photo from a cruise?

Hucc

What was the biggest "surprise" picture you found after getting back from your cruise, and developing (or going through) your photos?

For us, it was a photo from our Stingray City excursion in Grand Cayman. To our surprise, we got a picture (that we took) of a barracuda!!! We never even knew it was in the water with us. We were so surprised to see it in the photo. It was pretty cool. icon_cool.gif

Upcoming Cruises

Voyager of the Seas in August 2004

Diamond Princess in February 2005

Gee honey, I did not even notice those topless ladies on the beach behind you when I took that picture. icon_biggrin.gif

Jim...

Adventure of the Seas - Thanksgiving Cruise 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;21;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Elation - Easter Cruise 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;11;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

RCI Explorer of the Seas - Feb 2003

Carnival Inspiration - Feb 2002

NCL Seaward (AKA Norwegian Sea) - June 1992

USS Dale (CG-19) - 1990

USS Coontz (DDG-40) - 1988

Jim, I think you might've said that in jest, but let me tell you, It Does happen icon_biggrin.gif

HUCC-That is just way cool

-Monte

some of my cruising photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/m1bisson

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

The worst cruise I ever took was pretty damned good.

Platinum with RCI, a couple cruises with NCL and 1 with CCL

Who's coming with us on the Norwegian Sun?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;12;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We had set our camera on the timer, placed it on a ledge and posed for a nice couple shot. When viewing our pictures we saw that a man had come up behind us, evidently to see what we were staring at, and it looked like he had posed with us! We call it the picture of us and our friend in Mexico.

Sally

one Norwegian cruise 9/00

and Royal Caribbean crusies

03/01,05/01,05/02,06/02,09/0210/02,4/03,8/03,11/03,4/04,8/04/HAL 9/04 b2b/NCL 4/05 b2b

Schooner Bar rules!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mbisson:

It Does happen icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it icon_biggrin.gif

Jim...

Adventure of the Seas - Thanksgiving Cruise 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;21;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Elation - Easter Cruise 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;11;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

RCI Explorer of the Seas - Feb 2003

Carnival Inspiration - Feb 2002

NCL Seaward (AKA Norwegian Sea) - June 1992

USS Dale (CG-19) - 1990

USS Coontz (DDG-40) - 1988

icon_eek.gifOrient beach 1995. Friend took a picture of a group of us near a beach. When you really looked at the picture, in the backgroud you could see naked people sitting on the bar stools. Thank goodness we didn's sit at the bar!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimcald:

Gee honey, I did not even notice those topless ladies on the beach behind you when I took that picture. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazing how that autofocus camera focused on the wrong subject and with such clarity and detail...... icon_wink.gif

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

For us it's also a great picture at Stingray City with my wife just entering the water.You can see a few catamarans in the background.She is standing about waist high in the clearest crystal-blue water imaginable with her arms in the air,stingrays ALL around her and this half terror/half laughing look on her face.

SIMPLY PRICELESS!!!And the best cruise picture I've ever taken.

"a bad day at sea is better than a great day at work and a lousy day at sea is still pretty damn good!"

Our experience was on St. Barts. I took a picture of my son playing playing by the water. Imagine my surprise when my brother in law pointed out a topless woman laying in sand right in front of my son. None of us noticed her. Quite the picture for the scrapbook!

I think I have the same picture as Bevgoo at Orient Beach. I didn't notice anything at the time. When we got back, my sis-in-law was looking over the pictures and said "OMG! Are those people NAKED?!?!?" OOPS!

Gee, I thought Jim & I were the only ones with those pictures. We should all get together and compare. What if it's just a couple of people who strip and get in all our pictures?

-Monte

It was one of the photos taken by the ship photographers...when we took a closer look at our "welcome" photograph...the two people in the background were our tablemates!

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02

Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03

Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03

Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03

Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04

Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

I took a picture of my daughter on her 17th birthday (Carnival X-mas 2001). When we got our pictures back, we noticed our waiters in the background making faces behind their station (which was behind our booth). icon_biggrin.gif They were the funniest guys!

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

I had several roles of film for one cruise and took some great photos but when I got them developed saw that one roll was double exposed. I had put an already used roll back into the camera and the photos were like a collage...people in the disco were standing on our dining room table!!!

Lesson learned: Never change the film after drinking all day!!!!!!

Nordic Empress..*****11/04

Radiance of the Seas****3/04

Serenade of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas

Century (Celebrity)

Song of America

Monarch of the Seas

Well my Stingray pics are priceless also - some Im crying in and one Im totally freaking out so bad I was crossed eyed in it icon_eek.gif

Then 2 cruises ago I was in St Maarten at Everytings Cool - so I was feeling no pain - I remember talking to this girl who was on a Carnival ship and they did all the ports but in reverse and had awful terencial (sp)downpours ...blah blah - I remembered all that however I failed to notice the knife she had in her hand. My cousin was like OMG that girls got a knife in her hand and you didnt even know? Nope, I posed with her for the pic didnt I.

Enchantment Feb,2002; Monarch Nov,2002; Radiance Nov,2003; Golden Princess Feb 28,2004

E8jxdiZ9faFKEKEk7kLioMO+rbBbKHM20060.jpg

Well my dad and I went on the Kuku Kunuku party bus in aruba (Great time)...My mom was a little suprised to see what a little alcohol would do to me!

(A little dancing on the bar doing the chicken dance wearing a firefighter's helmet)

1/01 NCL Majesty

1/02 NCL Majesty

1/03 RCCL Brilliance of the Seas

3/03 Carnival Jubilee

8/03 RCCL Navigator Of the Seas

1/04 RCCL Adventure of the Seas

3/04 RCCL Radiance of the Seas

8/15/04 Rhapsody of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;8;15;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

14 DAY LEGEND OF THE SEAS PANAMA CANAL CRUISE (12/26/04)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

3/13/05 SPRING BREAK on the Explorer of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;3;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Ours was actually a photo while on the cruise. My sister purchased her "welcome aboard" photo and when she showed it to us we noticed there was a guy standing behind her left shoulder. We started teasing her that that was her long lost daddy. We decided to try to find him on the ship. All week long we'd find photos of he and his wife in the photo gallery and we'd move them side by side with my sister. We could never find him on board though. Finially the last night of the cruise we were sitting in the Champagne bar and we spotted him on the dance floor with his wife. We got my sister to go dance with her husband and try to take a sneak a picture of all of them but he spotted us. I went over to talk to he and his wife and they had noticed that his pictures were always moved beside my sister. They got a good laugh out of it and we got a bunch of photos of my sister and her "daddy" together.

13 cruises I won't bore you with them all

Pending: Fantasy(5/4),Mariner(9/04),Splendour(2/05

We wanted to take a picture dressed for formal night but was rushed for dinner so we figured we will do it when we get back which we forgot until after we undressed. So my wife begged to redress. My dw got all redressed, I only dressed from my waist up and was au natural below. Well I set up the camera on a timed shot and adjusted the camera to only shoot from my wifes waist up not thinking her waist is much lower than mine. So I got into the shot and mailed the film from Florida. My wife asked her mother to pick up the pictures. Well she got some surprise when she saw the picture. icon_wink.gif

6/2000 Destiny (Carnival)

12/2001 Veendam (HAL)

08/10/03 Conquest (Carnival)

12/28/03 Paradise (Carnival)

07/30/04 Voyager of the Seas (RCCL)

Proud to be a member of O.A.T.C

<font face=arial size=5>Countdown till VOS sailing:</font>

<a href="http://escati.com">

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;07;30;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0700</a>

</td></tr></table>

</center>

Not that it was a surprise picture but I did get a picture of a hammer head shark at sting ray city. Guide told us that he was seeing them off in a distance but I thought he was just joking to get us to hurry up so he could get back to shore. When I got back on the boat I seen the shark no more than 20 feet away. The guide told me that they don't usually come this close with all the boat but it was alight day at SRC. I then proceeded to tell my family to get out of the water and took the picture. So just remember swimming with the sting rays can also be swimming with the sharks.

Carnaval Fantasy 6/2001

Voyager of the Seas 1/2003

Navigator of the Seas 5/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;05;22;5;00;00&timezone=est

A picture of a young lady in a thong bikini on the Jolly Roger excursion. icon_eek.gif I have no idea how that picture got taken! icon_biggrin.gif

At least that's the story I told my DW.

Stretch

AAYE PARANDAA!

Carnival Celebration 08/97

Carnival Fantasy 02/99

RCI Explorer 05/02

RCI Brilliance 04/03 The Barcrawler Legend Begins

RCI Brilliance 03/04 The Return of the Barcrawlers

2005 Princess or Celebrity TBD

email address: Stretchcrawler@yahoo.com

funduo...OMG...thanks for the laugh...I really needed it today!

new cruiser 13...OMG...I'm freaking out about the hammerhead...I'm deathly afraid of sharks...I mean deathly...I usually go into a panic...a month prior to a visit to a beach area or cruise. We did the sting ray snorkel last year...and i wouldn't shut up about sharks...I kept saying...what makes anyone think that there aren't any sharks lurking nearby beyond this barrier reef. OMG...I knew it...there are sharks!!!!!!! I mean I know there are sharks in the ocean...duh...I just like to think there are none withing a 50 mile radius of ME!!! OK shallow water for me next week!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

Last summer my daughter took a picture of me getting my hair braided at the pavilion in Nassau. When we got it back we noticed you could see my husband yawning reflected in the mirror about where I was getting the braids done.

Eydie

Big Red Boat 92

Sovereign '00

Jubilee '01

Sovereign '02

Mariner June 20, 2004

This wasn't on a cruise, but years ago on a trip to the Bahamas with a large group of friends, I took a picture of one of the young ladies sitting on a couch just as she saw the reflection in the glass behind me of a large round moon by one of the guys just over the top of her head. The look on her face is absolutely priceless. It was a very large and pale moon.

Radiance to Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;14;11;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;12;4;11;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived