What to Wear?

atdahop

I would wear dark jeans, heels and I have several light-weight 3/4 length sweaters that I would wear with them. I might take a dress with sleeves to alternate with them for the casual nights. I get cold in the dining rooms even in the summer so I always take a sweater or wrap.

We did the last Pacific Princess cruise of the Alaska season last year (oh how we wanted to stay on the ship as it voyaged to Hawaii!!) I wore skirts, shells & sweaters or lightweight pants with tops, same as I would on any cruise for a casual evening. Our temps in Alaska were very moderate, and I always had a wrap or a sweater if it was cool on deck. I even wore evening sandals (about half the time--with some of the casual dresses and with my formal wear) and wore my privo mary janes with the pants and more casual dresses for the dining room.

It's not the arctic winter. I wouldn't wear velvet or wool sweaters or anything like that. If I can wear a skirt, you will probably be comfortable in capris. Now, if you're one of those Floridians whose blood freezes below 80 degrees, it might be different:p

I don't travel with jeans, ever. Even though many cruise lines now allow them in the dining rooms, I prefer to pack lighter weight fabrics, more quick drying, etc.

I think capris may be too summery for Alaska in Sept, (in the evening). Slacks, jeans, etc... may be more appropriate.

While I've never taken jeans on a Caribbean cruise (just not "tropical"!), I wouldn't hesitate to wear them in Alaska, even in the dining room on casual nights, with heels, and a nice top. (We're not talking crappy, torn jeans here!) I prefer to call them denim slacks!

"Summery" depends on the fabric of the capris. I have a black shantung capri I wear for holiday parties in December--nothing at ALL summery about those pants:p It's still the summer. It could be warm. Our trip was.

What would you were on an Alaskan cruise mid September? I mean evenings. Would you still wear capris or would it be too cool. I don't mean formal nights but the other ones. Thanks

Hi, I am sailing the day after you:D. As you can see, everyone

has different opinions on what to wear.

Evenings, I wear nice skirts and tops, dresses, or slacks and tops.

I am an oddball:eek: these days~I prefer to dress for dinner on

my cruises. On a casual night I will wear a skirt, mid calf,..possibly

in a matte jersey material with a pretty top. Or a nice pair

of slacks....(with a top of course;) )

Looks nice, does not wrinkle and takes up virtually no space

in the packing part too:)...love that jersey material!

I went to Alaska back in 2006 and the capri's stayed home.

I am not bringing them this time either.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Alaska is magnificant:D

Archived