"What NOT To Wear"

deb5217

The episode of What Not to Wear that was filmed during the 4/5 - 4/12 cruise is airing 7/11 at 9:00 pm Eastern time. Saw a promo today - it was fun seeing the ship after nearly 3 months!

In my area it will be shown Friday July 11 at 9 PM.

One thing I learned some time back is that Clinton used to be a cruise ship dancer a few years back before What NOt To Wear had started. I would love it if he told us what ships and waht year that he had worked on in that eppie.

He had always l seemed a little familiar to me and since I learned that - I have wondered if I have seen him in a cruiseship production before.

Thanks for the info! I just set my DVR. One of the reasons I watch cruise shows is to see what everyone is wearing. LOL! :)

What Not To Wear is one of my fav shows and I love cruising so of course I will not miss it if I can help it!

BTW-did any of you know Clinton was a cruise ship dancer before WNTW?

I would love to know what ships he worked on.

What Not To Wear is one of my fav shows and I love cruising so of course I will not miss it if I can help it!

BTW-did any of you know Clinton was a cruise ship dancer before WNTW?

I would love to know what ships he worked on.

Tonight is the night!

I just found this thread and thought - bummer, it's already 9:30 and the show's half over!! Then, I discovered they're showing it a couple more times - woohoo!

For anyone else who missed it, you can catch it either:

Tonight at 12:00 am

or

Tomorrow at 1:00 pm

Donna

Anyone watch the show tonight? I was surprised how much of it was done on the ship.

I saw it...I liked the show...I was hoping to see a little bit more of the ship, but overall I think they did a good job in tying in the show's usual theme with that of a cruise

I watched it last night and was actually a little disappointed ...

They did a great job of transforming the "victim"; she looked 150% better after it was all done.

But I missed Clinton. Stacey is fun and interesting, but it's clear to me that two are definitely better than one!

They showed her shopping in Port Canaveral, and TRUST ME, that is NOT shopping in Cape Canaveral, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach or Melbourne. It looked like they had taken her to Florida Mall in Orlando (it's about 45 minutes from the Port). Did she only shop at Old Navy and Chicos? Normally there is more shopping footage.

Maybe it would have been fun to see more reactions from people on the ship. Surely almost everyone must have known it was going on. And I also wondered if Carmindy and Nick were around all week. Those two alone could do an entire makeover show on a cruise ship!

I watched it last night and was actually a little disappointed ...

They did a great job of transforming the "victim"; she looked 150% better after it was all done.

But I missed Clinton. Stacey is fun and interesting' date=' but it's clear to me that two are [i']definitely[/i] better than one!

They showed her shopping in Port Canaveral, and TRUST ME, that is NOT shopping in Cape Canaveral, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach or Melbourne. It looked like they had taken her to Florida Mall in Orlando (it's about 45 minutes from the Port). Did she only shop at Old Navy and Chicos? Normally there is more shopping footage.

Maybe it would have been fun to see more reactions from people on the ship. Surely almost everyone must have known it was going on. And I also wondered if Carmindy and Nick were around all week. Those two alone could do an entire makeover show on a cruise ship![/

I don't think they said she was shopping in Port Canaveral - just that that was the port. I am sure it was Orlando as well.

She saw Carmindy and Nick when the ship stopped back at New York. Which is the debarkation port? THey must have let them stay on board to film the final segment while everyone else got off? But the Captain's dinner was also that last night. They must have done something special with the itinerary.

I don't think they said she was shopping in Port Canaveral - just that that was the port. I am sure it was Orlando as well.

She saw Carmindy and Nick when the ship stopped back at New York. Which is the debarkation port? THey must have let them stay on board to film the final segment while everyone else got off? But the Captain's dinner was also that last night. They must have done something special with the itinerary.

I mentioned Port Canaveral shopping because I don't want people to think there is that kind of shopping here. If your ship has a port-of-call here, you'll need to either rent a car or take a shuttle into Orlando.

I thought Carmindy & Nick were on the ship because they showed Carmindy walking around the pool deck and putting sunscreen on people's noses. I guess they probably did something at the beginning or end of the cruise, when it was back in NY.

We watched last night because we sailed on Norwegian Gem in May out of Barcelona. I was disappointed by how little of the ship they actually showed. I figured that NCL would force more free advertising out of it than they got.

The shopping was in Orlando at the Mall at Millenia and that's only an hour drive from the port. Considering the large number of options available at that luxury mall, it made me think that some of that show must be staged. Chico's was a decent choice but the lack of other shoppers in there made me think they chartered the store for a few hours and thus that was her only choice. Old Navy is out in the parking lot and no one with a $5000 credit card would go OUT there when there was a Bloomingdales and many other choices IN the mall.

Good memories though of the Bliss Ultra Lounge and Spinnaker Lounge!

BobK/Orlando

Archived