I'm a Princess Virgin - any pointers?

laidbackin LA

Tips automatically added to your shipboard account. Tip extra if you want.

Great pizza and fresh burger bars near the main pool. Enjoy MUTS -- movies under the stars. Explore the whole ship so you don't miss something cool in a little nook and cranny.

Have a great time.

Thanks, Paul.

Afternoon refreshments are important to me and husband. He's from the olde tea-time school. Looking for refreshments that are sugar-free and/or carb-free. I make tea and get french fries. Better cooking oil than sugar.

I justed booked first cruise on Princess. (See Signature.)

Should I know anything for my "first time"?

Hi There!

You're going the same itinerary and ship as we are, but a week earlier. I sailed that itinerary last year, but on the Golden.

You seem like a seasoned cruiser! What would you like to know?

One tip about future cruise credits -- BUY THEM! Here's why:

1. They're completely refundable should you decide not to go on another Princess cruise. (Incomprehensible on this board):)

2. They're good for 4 years -- you do not have to decide on a cruise when you buy them.

3. You will get between $50 each and $150 each when you do go on the cruise you purchase with them.

4. When using FCCs (future cruise credits) you can hold any cruise with $100. (It's awfully nice not having to come up with a grand to book a cruise 2 years away!)

5. I've not done this, but others have: You may use your $100 for one cruise booking and your other half's for another.

FCCs are definitely a wonderful Princess loyalty perk! Never leave the ship without buying in!

Let us know the things you'd like to know so you don't get inundated with a lot of redundant junk! :)

Tee

Tips automatically added to your shipboard account. Tip extra if you want.

Great pizza and fresh burger bars near the main pool. Enjoy MUTS -- movies under the stars. Explore the whole ship so you don't miss something cool in a little nook and cranny.

Have a great time.

Ooops! No MUTs on Sapphire. :(

Definitely ask the steward for a egg crate mattress pad and avoid the buffet at all costs, complete chaos. We ended going to the Int'l DR for breakfast and lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it.

MUTS - so that's what that is. Hahaha. Is there a chance of actually getting a seat??

Yep, they run movies, sporting events, etc. all day & in the evening. So grab a lounge by the pool & enjoy but .....please don't be a chair hog (LoL)-:rolleyes:

You can order the continental breakfast from room service for anytime you would like it in the morning, so if you want it at 6 am, just clearly write it in on the hang tag - earliest preprinted time selection is 7:30. Ignore it when necessary!

There are passenger laundromats on each passenger deck, if you plan to use them best to bring your laundry detergent, fabric softener sheets and a roll of quarters, as the machines in the laundry do not always have supplies in them.

Coffee cards, if you are into espresso based drinks such as capuccino and latte, are great - you can get them at the International Cafe the first day.

If you would like a robe, just ask your cabin steward - one will show up - it may be the next morning, as they might not have enough until the laundry after turnover day is finished.

You can carry on wine and beer. You can ask your cabin steward for wine glasses.

Definitely buy FCC's!!!! Best idea out there.

I would say that reading through the Princess message boards and joining your roll call will be a huge help, and if you have specific questions, just ask!!!!!

DH and I love Princess - and we take a lot of things for granted so i could be overlooking comment on a lot that would matter to you.

Definitely ask the steward for a egg crate mattress pad and avoid the buffet at all costs, complete chaos. We ended going to the Int'l DR for breakfast and lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hi Clarku:

It's best to pre-order the eggcrate as they do run out of them. I just send the request through my cruise planner at Princess. If you're using a TA I think you have to fax in the request. I've known people who have waited and not been able to get one.

Tee

One more thought - it involves $$$. Noticed you sail HAL, so wondering if you happen to own at least 100 shares of CCL stock. If so, investor relations at Princess will provide an onboard credit based on cruise length. If you do, post here and I will provide contact info. Have to go to file to get it, and will do so if helpful to you.:)

We happen to enjoy the buffet. Now some people seem to think that it is chaos because of the stations but if you know how to work it it is not a problem. Most people just stand in line one one station like they do in the other cruiselines. You do not have to do that. You first look around the stations and see what they are serving and then move on. You pick and choose what you want.

marilyn

We happen to enjoy the buffet. Now some people seem to think that it is chaos because of the stations but if you know how to work it it is not a problem. Most people just stand in line one one station like they do in the other cruiselines. You do not have to do that. You first look around the stations and see what they are serving and then move on. You pick and choose what you want.

marilyn

Marilyn..I so agree! We went to the Caribe one time and it drove me crazy to have to go thru the whole line not knowing what choices were next. The Horizon is set up so you can wander and pick and choose what you want. We ate there every breakfast and lunch and a few dinners, too.

Shari

Hi Clarku:

It's best to pre-order the eggcrate as they do run out of them. I just send the request through my cruise planner at Princess. If you're using a TA I think you have to fax in the request. I've known people who have waited and not been able to get one.

Tee

Tee, what do you mean "Cruise Planner"? I think we would like the egg crates. I booked at an online agency, so I don't have anyone per se. Can I use the Personalizer online? Or just call Princess?

Thanks!

Kim

Tee, what do you mean "Cruise Planner"? I think we would like the egg crates. I booked at an online agency, so I don't have anyone per se. Can I use the Personalizer online? Or just call Princess?

Thanks!

Kim

I book directly with Princess -- so far this works best for me. And you're right, you do want an eggcrate. Those mattresses are HARD. You might like the hardness, in which case you can send the crate back. But it's a good idea to order it initially.

Contact your TA about ordering it for you. My planner said Princess wants the requests for eggcrates faxed in, but I find it hard to believe they really get 1000 faxes a week asking for eggcrates *chuckle*

Anyway, your TA should know.

Tee

Archived