NCL Roll Call Board

Host Mama

I have one; just have everyone who attends bring a "little" gift, no more than $5 to $10 that represents your home town, region of a state, or the state itself.

We live on Cape Cod, and, on our last cruise, we had a gift of a clam chowder bowl, with lobster gummy bears and a Cape Cod Calendar. It was not our idea, but it certainly broke the ice.

Dan

I've been home from the Pearl for 1 week now. Monday was formal night and it is optional. Good time to have formal pictures taken with several backgrounds. We also had a chocolate buffet at 10PM one night later in the week but we were too stuffed by then to eat again. :D

We were in port on Tues, Wed, Fri and Sat and Thursday we had Rangers on board for Glacia Bay. We had beautiful weather for the whole trip, couldn't have picked a nicer week. Hope you will enjoy good weather too. Only problem with the cruise....it wasn't long enough! Finally caught up with laundry so I need to start planning my next vacation. ;)

Hi, Just found this website and boards. My wife and I are on the Majasty Sept 3, This will be our first cruise and we are a little nervous about what to expect. We booked this to celebrate are 30th anniversary. We live outside Philly and we were happy to find a cruise that we could drive to the port.

Anyway, any tips or advice on what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce and Cheryl

• 2 months later...

is a great party for CC members on a cruise. Any member of the roll call board can be the head to contact the coordinator of the ship and get a location & date for the party. The Captain & Officer attend also, which they find CC a very important area to promote NCL to new cruisers & others from other lines that are unhappy with that line. That person can also provide more fun for members like the $20 PP slot machine game where everyone puts $20 into a $5 machine for 2 pulls & they split the winnings. Or others that I have booked was a gift exchange for $10 made in your city items but many times we are given a hour in the bar we get so the gift exchange doesn't work ut great for TA's which has long times given to us.

So this way you meet everyone you type with and gain new friends for life. Future cruises will be more fun also with the same people on them.

Hi Gypsea,

The Roll Calls here on Cruise Critic are provided so that you can find other folks sailing on the same ship and date as you, get to know them pre-sailing, and then meet on board.

As far as I know, but Ive been wrong before (maybe once:-), there is no other sign up for NCL.

Ann aka Host Mama

I went on Roll call that I started and only 2 other people responded. am i looking in the wrong place. Can you check? Thanks

This link was started for your cruise by someone else and that is the one that I found looks like there may be two roll calls out there for the Sky 10-30 cruise.

Happy cruising and get on there quick as that one has more people on it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1022846

Edited by scchasgal

this is the one I was talking about. It just has our names and the other couple. Thanks.

I looked at the beginning of the thread and there are other couples on but only a lot of back and forth between you and the other couple that I did see after reading through the whole thread. The number of people that are on the roll call NCL will not do an official meet and greet so you will all just have to meet at a predetermined location on the ship.

Our meet and greet in May we only had about 13 people but we had to tell the ship is was 20 or they wouldn't do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Go to the roll call forum and open the forum for the ship you want to find the roll call for. Try scrolling down a page or two for the date you want. If there isn't one, click on the search tab and enter the date. You may have to try it different ways. As this thread suggests there is no standard format to follow. There used to be a drop down box that listed all of the roll call threads for a ship. I don't know what happened to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Little bored and decided to read this thread. Just amazing how many people have posts here asking general questions, or asking things as if THIS thread was their roll call.

With very exceptions, there really should not be any posts here, but then again.... oh well.

Yes, a standard format would be great. Though programming a format might be a programming/software issue there is another solution.

I think the moderators or hosts can actually change the subject title, so anytime a NEW roll call was started, they could change it to fit a standard format. When and if this ever happens, I would avoid things like

10/10/2010 and instead use

10 October 2010 or

October 10 2010. (all followed by something descriptive of the itinerary)

Remember, some parts of the world format dates differently.