NCL Roll Call Board

Host Mama

• 2 months later...
It would be really helpful if there was a more formatted way to list when you start a roll call. Some put the numbers ( 03/14/2014) some spell it out (March 14, 2014) and other misc ways to list the cruise date. I did a search for 2014 figured that would narrow down my searches but I still had so many 2013 to sort through. I'd dont want to start a duplicate but not sure if there is one for my cruise date and I'm just not seeing it or what.:(

I absolutely agree about formats- had the same problem soon!

Relax and have fun- you'll get to know your fellow travellers sooner or later!

Soon came up this page about NCL spa treatments... Longing for Mandara Spa... ;)

See you soon, guys!

• 2 months later...

I also agree about the format thing. In fact, I think the board should just make official threads for each sailing of each ship. They already setup specific ones by the cruise line and then by the specific ship. So if the threads within each ship's sub-forum were created by the admins, they could keep them in date order and everyone would still be free to post within any sailing thread applicable to them, but not be able to create any new threads. This would prevent having multiple Roll Call Threads for the same ship & sailing, something that the present system does not seem to prevent. All it takes is one person who does not look for or honestly misses seeing the one applicable to them and then they start a second, (or third), thread.

I also agree about the format thing. In fact, I think the board should just make official threads for each sailing of each ship. They already setup specific ones by the cruise line and then by the specific ship. So if the threads within each ship's sub-forum were created by the admins, they could keep them in date order and everyone would still be free to post within any sailing thread applicable to them, but not be able to create any new threads. This would prevent having multiple Roll Call Threads for the same ship & sailing, something that the present system does not seem to prevent. All it takes is one person who does not look for or honestly misses seeing the one applicable to them and then they start a second, (or third), thread.

I second this. Also while this would be a lot extra work to the moderators, it'd eliminate the roll calls for B2B cruises that some cuisers start based on their personal itinerary which cause a lot of trouble as they almost every time result to two separate threads that talk about the exact same cruise.

When we did our B2B in June, I started a separate roll call for each. It wouldn't make sense to bundle them together. I don't agree with having a roll call thread automatically started. In almost all cases they are easy enough to find. As long as it is put in the correct forum to start with and the title includes the name of the ship and the date of sailing, it shouldn't really matter if it is listed as 3/1/14 or March 1, 2014.

Edited by packercruising

<snip> As long as it is put in the correct forum to start with and the title includes the name of the ship and the date of sailing, it shouldn't really matter if it is listed as 3/1/14 or March 1, 2014.

Actually it does make a deal of difference. USA is the only country to use the mm/dd/yyyy date format. As a Brit I would read 3/1/14 as 3rd Jan 2014. March 1, 2014 is much clearer.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!

We are going to be on the 12.11.13 Norwegian Sun cruise in the Caribbean. We are Bob and Katie. Not sure how this roll call goes here, so clarify if you can for us.

This is our 3rd Cruise, one on Carnival years ago, and another on this same ship, Norwegian Sun, about 4 years ago.

We are going to be staying in South Beach for a few days prior to the ship's launch. Anyone else staying in S.B. too? :)

Kate & Bob

Kate & Bob,

As to how the Roll Call works.

You are supposed to look under the cruise line first, in your case Norwegian.

Then under the specific ship, in your case SUN.

Next read the titles to see if you see an existing Roll Call for your sailing date, 12/11/13.

If one exists, you can make posts in that. If one does not, you can start a new one. Be sure to include the date, they like the format as December 11, 2013.

However, in your case, a rather large one exists. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1750294&page=41

• 1 month later...

Can't wait for January 18th Hawaii Cruise! First time.... With Nowegian, first Hawaii cruise! Any advise-- worried not prepared to maximize the benefits of seeing these beautiful Hawaiian treasures. Wondering should we rent car or hire private island guide? How do I get to book spa for Friday? Which desk do I go to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hello seasoned cruisers! After I used the drop down menus I didn't see that a roll call had been started yet and I'd like to start one-but I can't see an "add" button or anyplace to start a new thread....I'm using an Ipad, does this matter? Help, please :confused:

Thank you & Happy sailing!

When you have gotten to the proper cruise line and specific ship, you have to read all the thread titles. If you do not see a thread with your sailing date, then you can start a new Roll Call by clicking NEW THREAD at the top, be sure to include the Ship Name and Sailing Date, Month Date Year Example: January 1, 2014.

[quote name='QuiGonJohn']When you have gotten to the proper cruise line and specific ship, you have to read all the thread titles. If you do not see a thread with your sailing date, then you can start a new Roll Call by clicking NEW THREAD at the top, be sure to include the Ship Name and Sailing Date, Month Date Year Example: January 1, 2014.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'm using my Ipad and I don't see an option for NEW THREAD, so I'll check it out on my home computer and see if I locate it...if not, I'll wait it out!
Thanks again for taking the time to assist!!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...