Paper Documents?

Vidimom

I haven't heard anyone lately bragging about getting their documents and doing the "document dance". Has anyone recently gotten them and how far away was your cruise?

We are sailing in 46 days and I haven't opened the online documents per our PVP as she stated once you open them, you will not receive paper documents. We did get actual documents on our cruise in December but don't know if they stopped sending them.

If you have received them, do they have the "new" type luggage tags like the ones used at the airports? I read somewhere on these boards about them changing the tags to the self adhesive tags. Let me know what you received.

Thanks again fellow CC!

I haven't heard anyone lately bragging about getting their documents and doing the "document dance". Has anyone recently gotten them and how far away was your cruise?

We are sailing in 46 days and I haven't opened the online documents per our PVP as she stated once you open them, you will not receive paper documents. We did get actual documents on our cruise in December but don't know if they stopped sending them.

If you have received them, do they have the "new" type luggage tags like the ones used at the airports? I read somewhere on these boards about them changing the tags to the self adhesive tags. Let me know what you received.

Thanks again fellow CC!

Hmmmm, I thought EDOCS were it now???? I didn't have the option for paper or EDOCS.

I see that I get EDOCS. Not sure if the travel agent chose that or not.

I just paid off my balance over the phone and the pvp told me they do not send paper docs out that I had to print them. I am new to cruising so I am assuming that is what you are talking about. I just printed them with the luggage tags of my computer.:)

If you make a big deal of it with your Travel Agent or with Carnival before you access the online documents they will print paper documents for you.

But why really?

The Edocs are available right now and any changes to your booking appear on the documents immediately. Paper docs are a thing of the past and whoever you buy you cruise from will try to discourage getting them or not offer them at all.

You need to roll with it; wanting paper docs is like wishing you could buy a slower computer, just something that would not make any sense

The one very valid complaint though is the luggage tags. Frankly, they're lousy. Search this topic here and you'll find a wide variety of comments on this topic.

Personally, I go to the office supply store and buy cheap but sturdy clear plastic lamination tags, print our own tags and forget the Carnival tags altogether.

I put our last name, ship name, sailing date and cabin number on one side and my personal contact information on the other side.

On the Carnival Website you still have the option between paper docs mailed to you or electronic docs in a .pdf form.

Click on "my cruise" then go to "view cruise details" then "cruise summary". Then, for my document preference go to "view preferences". Here you will be prompted to select between electronic or paper docs or show you the selection you have previously made.

For my upcoming cruise it says "Guests will receive paper documents via mail."

In another area of the website it specifies guests receiving their paper docs approximately 30 days prior to sailing. We are at 33 days and counting so I will post when we receive ours!

Hope this helps!

I just paid off my balance over the phone and the pvp told me they do not send paper docs out that I had to print them. I am new to cruising so I am assuming that is what you are talking about. I just printed them with the luggage tags of my computer.:)

but if you have completed the fun pass on line, there is nothig but luggage tags to print now... And we prefer to wait till we get to the port to get those. I do not have a laminating machine, and the tape just did not work for me.

All those other papers are useless. If you do not fill out the funpass on line, then the other papers show up.....

Personally, I go to the office supply store and buy cheap but sturdy clear plastic lamination tags, print our own tags and forget the Carnival tags altogether.

I put our last name, ship name, sailing date and cabin number on one side and my personal contact information on the other side.

I like this idea. I may do that myself for my upcoming cruise.

on our first cruise we printed out the luggage tags and bought some self adhevise laminating sheets from office depot and that worked perfectly. Will do that again next time. I like to have everything done ahead of time.:)

We had paper docs for the Victory, which sailed 7/17. Received the docs around 14-21 days out. They did have the sticky luggage tags. We opted for paper vs. electronic since I worried my printer wouldn't print the bar codes clear enough. We ended up changing rooms and had to do the upgrade paperwork electronic. Ended up stapling the new luggage tags over the ones for our original room.

We got paper docs for ours as our TA requested them for us. Received them last week for our Aug. 2nd cruise. I then went online and filled out the fun pass to aid in getting on quicker. I also found (through some help from CC) some info on the e-docs that was not on the paper docs so we printed out one of the pages from the e-docs as well. I actually thought it was funny bc Carnival refused to confirm our shipboard credit, but it is clearly listed on the e-docs, but not the paper docs. Who knows?

If you do not fill out the funpass on line, then the other papers show up.....

Actually, you can stilll fill out your fun pass information online and receive paper documents. The only thing you can't do is view your e docs. :)

Thank you for all the information! I really do prefer the paper docs for the reason my computer hates the program they use for the documents and last time after I got my docs, I was going to print more tags, I couldn't open them with netscape and my DH has taken internet explorer off of my computer due to a conflict.

Sounds like they aren't getting them out early like they used to! 2-3 weeks now seems to be the norm.

Again thanks for the info. If anyone else has gotten theirs recently, please let us know how far away your cruise is from the date you received them.

Actually, you can stilll fill out your fun pass information online and receive paper documents. The only thing you can't do is view your e docs. :)

I know that. but I was talking about all those forms showing up if you had filled out the paperwork on the funpass on edocs.

Thank you for all the information! I really do prefer the paper docs for the reason my computer hates the program they use for the documents and last time after I got my docs, I was going to print more tags, I couldn't open them with netscape and my DH has taken internet explorer off of my computer due to a conflict.

Sounds like they aren't getting them out early like they used to! 2-3 weeks now seems to be the norm.

Again thanks for the info. If anyone else has gotten theirs recently, please let us know how far away your cruise is from the date you received them.

Re: IB- I had the same issue and downloaded Firefox and have no probs now.

How many Luggage tags do they send you??..I chose Paper docs on line as I thought the edocs were kind of messy to handle last year..

Kelly

IF YOUR FUNPASS IS COMPLETED IN FULL, YOU ONLY NEED PASSPORTS AND ID, AND CREDITCARD. NO PAPER DOCS ARE NEEDED AT ALL.

I carried mine in Feb, and did not need them. I just showed them the blue funpass, and she took a look at it and handed me everyting back except ppts, id's and credit card.

I don't knw about luggage tags, i get mine at the port. hate the ones on line.

IF YOUR FUNPASS IS COMPLETED IN FULL, YOU ONLY NEED PASSPORTS AND ID, AND CREDITCARD. NO PAPER DOCS ARE NEEDED AT ALL.

I carried mine in Feb, and did not need them. I just showed them the blue funpass, and she took a look at it and handed me everyting back except ppts, id's and credit card.

I don't knw about luggage tags, i get mine at the port. hate the ones on line.

I realize all that..I was just wondering how many luggage tags they sent because we are traveling and using the US Direct program so we can bypass customs in Canada..WE will not see our luggage at all after we check it in at the airport at LAX until it gets delivered to our cabin..Wouldnt you need your paper docs if you booked transfers from the airport to the ship??I know last year they asked to see our docs..

Kelly

I have made final payment on my Carnival Cruise-Sept.30,2008 Sailing a couple of weeks ago and tonite decided to check my online docs. I did everything and finally a picture of a Carnival Ship moving across the screen comes on and there is a sign stating "Creating Documents". I waited a good 15 minutes and nothing. Am I going online to early for "My E Docs"? Any help will be appreciated. In the past have always received the paper docs in the mail. Thanks IKE

I have made final payment on my Carnival Cruise-Sept.30,2008 Sailing a couple of weeks ago and tonite decided to check my online docs. I did everything and finally a picture of a Carnival Ship moving across the screen comes on and there is a sign stating "Creating Documents". I waited a good 15 minutes and nothing. Am I going online to early for "My E Docs"? Any help will be appreciated. In the past have always received the paper docs in the mail. Thanks IKE

We are sailing in November and I have seen out documents using Internet Explorer, (can't view using my favorite FoxFire). That said, I also get the ship and "Creating Document" and in a minute or so my documents comes up using Adobe Reader. Make sure you are using IE & Adobe.:D

Re: IB- I had the same issue and downloaded Firefox and have no probs now.

I downloaded Firefox for our 4 computers (our sons have used it for years on theirs) just this last weekend.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

I am happy to say that it has not crashed on any computer (across 3 operating systems), as our MSN/explorer did on an almost DAILY (if not hourly) basis!!! :mad:

No going back now - except for those rare pages which Firefox can't properly display.

(PS.... I like opening the mailbox and seeing that fat CCL envelope. As long as they are offered, I will select that option!!!)

Tom

We got paper docs for our 4th of July Fantasy cruise, my March Holiday cruise, and next month's RCI Mariner OTS cruise. There's just something about having that little book in my hand :D

The luggage tags for the Fantasy were the self adhere at the end kind--- one did not stay on and came to our cabin with a new, handwritten, tied on with string tag. Good thing we had our own tags with names on, too. (we also always print out a page with our names and cabin # and put it inside each bag.... just in case)

In March (Holiday) we got the "staple at the end" kind of tags, but I laminated them and then stapled and they all stayed on.

For next month, we got the adhere at the end kind, but I will laminate and either staple or punch a hole and use a cable tie.

Hi all,

We are now cruising in 24 days and per recommendation of this board, I did not fill out all of the e-docs. So...this past Monday we got our paper documents in the mail It was so exciting! We are newbies cruising for my big 50th and are soooo excited. It was great to get them and was a wonderful reminder that our cruise is around the corner (so to speak) :)

Archived