Paper Documents?

Vidimom

online, it gave me the option of paper or electronic. however, my ta told me i would not be receiving paper docs & would have to print them myself. as for the luggage tags, i printed them, put clear packing tape over them, holepunched the end & used a heavy ponytail holder to attach them to my luggage. they stayed on until the very end of the cruise. i also attached one to the bag that i carried on board so if it was misplaced, it would have my cabin number on it.

On the Carnival Website you still have the option between paper docs mailed to you or electronic docs in a .pdf form.

Click on "my cruise" then go to "view cruise details" then "cruise summary". Then, for my document preference go to "view preferences". Here you will be prompted to select between electronic or paper docs or show you the selection you have previously made.

For my upcoming cruise it says "Guests will receive paper documents via mail."

In another area of the website it specifies guests receiving their paper docs approximately 30 days prior to sailing. We are at 33 days and counting so I will post when we receive ours!

Hope this helps!

We too have decided not to go EDOCS we are opting for the PAPER DOCUMENTS and I also was told by my PVP how to make sure that I would get my Paper Documents through the MY CRUISE section online. and I did that and now mine says the same as yours. As far as people not likeing paper documents on here I can understand that because everyone is different but I feel more safe and secure with the paper documents and if worse come to worse like my PVP told me I can change my mind at any point if I do not feel like I will get my paper documents quick enough simply by going online and changing my personal choices online. and I will let you all know when i get mine. not seen then yet. but anxously awaiting them in the mail. its like waiting for christmas morning to come. tis part of the fun of cruising!!!!:D

Thank you crusinpsychRN for the update! Looks like you got yours about 4 weeks out which is great! Guess we still have a few more weeks before we start checking the mail box for them!

Are the new luggage tags self adhesive like the airlines use and do they have all your information already printed on them? I do miss the old tags with their little ship shaping!

If anyone else has gotten theirs, let us know how far away your cruise is!

Guest carlogesualdo
I downloaded Firefox for our 4 computers (our sons have used it for years on theirs) just this last weekend.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

I am happy to say that it has not crashed on any computer (across 3 operating systems), as our MSN/explorer did on an almost DAILY (if not hourly) basis!!! :mad:

No going back now - except for those rare pages which Firefox can't properly display.

Tom

That's what the IE View add-on is for. I NEVER have to open IE - just a tab within Firefox.

We cruise in 28 days and we received them by mail this morning. Yippee! They are definitely the new style documents, the booklet says it was revised 04/08.

We received 12 luggage tags for our family of four. (They are the new electronic style tags.) They are preprinted with each guests name (i.e., 3 for me, 3 for husband, 3 for daughter, 3 for son). As much as I liked to see the old style tags, on the bright side we don't have to fill them out anymore!

August 11 cruise and we just received the docs over the weekend. I am sure my TA had them for a couple days. Since you can print them up to 30 days out, they wait to see before sending them out. I did not want to mess with luggage tags so we waited. We received 2-3 tags per person, self sticking ones like the airline uses, all color coded to the ship.

I haven't heard anyone lately bragging about getting their documents and doing the "document dance". Has anyone recently gotten them and how far away was your cruise?

We are sailing in 46 days and I haven't opened the online documents per our PVP as she stated once you open them, you will not receive paper documents. We did get actual documents on our cruise in December but don't know if they stopped sending them.

If you have received them, do they have the "new" type luggage tags like the ones used at the airports? I read somewhere on these boards about them changing the tags to the self adhesive tags. Let me know what you received.

Thanks again fellow CC!

I had to use the E-docs for the first time because a booked a cruise less than 21 days away. The E-docs were a lot better than I thought they would be.

Archived