One more ? about Bungalows

ocean lover

There is not much inside the Bungalows...but they are pretty full :D !

They contain a fairly large round plastic table (with a nice fabric tablecloth and serviettes) and six chairs. The table and chairs can be left inside the bungalow or moved to the bungalow's patio if you'd like to eat al fresco.

There is a window that opens, an overhead fan, air conditioning, shelves on the wall, beach towels, and in our bungalow at least there were a couple of tropical type decorative arrangements.

That's about it! When I go back to Princess Cay again I'm sure going to try and book another one! It made my day.

You can, and should book, as soon as the shore excursions for your cruise are available online. I think that happens at 120 days or so prior to your cruise but that is not always the case so keep checking your personalizer.

We didn't and had to go on a waitlist. Fortunately the waitlist cleared!

OK...here's a stupid question. There are 7 in my party. I know the bungalows seat 6, but could we bring a 7th person? I can't see how we would leave one of the family out!

There's no bungalow sentry. You can have as many as can fit, but only 4 realistically will fit inside comfortably. You'll just take turns. :)

We statyed in one of the Bungalows (Blue - SeaGrape) just this past may. On arrival to the ship we got a call from guest services asking us what color cabin we would like to have. we thought that was a nice touch. The ones farthest down then the beach give you the greatest privacy but are the farthest from the restrooms. As someone said no ones really watching how many people are using your bungalow, and they bring the food family style so (and lots of it and replenished as you need it) so no one is going to notice one extra.

The Bungalows also come w/ priortiy disembarking to get to the island. Quite frankly this was worth the extra $199 rather than muster in the theater and depart in groups. There is a golf cart that will drive you from the dock on arrival all the way to your bungalows. The Pricess staff from the ship is there to take your drink orders and explain the lunch menu to you. The staff is very attentive to the Bungalow visitors. Fresh ice water is in the bungablow, along with plates utensils. The bungalow is air conditioned and has a ceiling fan. This is a great plus to get out of the sun for short periods of time.

The beach areas near the bungalows is not at all crowded, plenty of room to relax. The main beach area for the other 2800 passangers is somewhat crowded, and it's nice to have some quiet time on the beach.

We brought an IPOD and speakers to enjoy some tropical music and spend the day reading and swimming. Lunch was great served right on time, we opted to have a little bit of everything and were overwhelmed with the portions. We were able to take the golf cart back at the end of the day and were the last tender off the island thus maximizing our time at the beach. The bungalow also has an outdoor shower which is really a nice treat at the end of the day. We were able to shower and change in the privacy of the bunaglow and arrive back on the ship ready to go. Its a complete spurge and you'll enjoy the island with out it...IMHO It's worth it especially to maximize your time on the island and a great way to start or wrap up your vacation. It was a really great day

http://community.webshots.com/album/563460051jUJFHt

We intend to do a bungalow on our 1/4/09 sailing of the Crown. Can someone please tell me how close together the bungalows are? Would it be advantageous to be at the far end, the near end, or in the middle? Is the beach in front of bungalow accessible for swimming/snorkeling, or is it rock-edged? It's hard to tell from some photos I have seen. Many thanks!

The shore excursions for our October cruise opened up on day 90 in the late afternoon. Luckily, I was able to book the first bungalow. I knew they would go fast, so I was surprised when it took three days to wait list. Last year, there were only six bungalows and they were gone the first day. Having the extra six that were built sometime in the past year, gives you some extra breathing room to book. The bungalow is so worth it, that I will book one for every visit to Princess Cays. Now, if they could only build that rest room for them, it would be perfect.

We intend to do a bungalow on our 1/4/09 sailing of the Crown. Can someone please tell me how close together the bungalows are? Would it be advantageous to be at the far end, the near end, or in the middle? Is the beach in front of bungalow accessible for swimming/snorkeling, or is it rock-edged? It's hard to tell from some photos I have seen. Many thanks!

I didn't measure them, but they are probably about ten feet apart. They are not on top of each other. It doesn't really matter which one you get, but the first ones are closer to the bathrooms than the farther out ones. The beach has lots of tall shady palm trees. To access the water, there are a few steps down to a little cove area. There are a few large boulders that frame the entrance to the water and there are many rocks in the sand once you get in the water...as well as some sea urchins. I would advise wearing water shoes. It's very private...until the rest of the passengers start moving further out and start using the water there. There are lots of fish to see for snorkeling too.

How about a couple of those nice blue striped beach towels.:D :D

Mike:)

If you book a bungalow, you don't have to bring any towels. They are supplied for you by the ship. One less thing to lug.:)

We took classes on The TP May 8th - May 18th .

The teacher was named Martin he was wonderful we took classes using Microsoft Word, excel, Photo Shop he was a wiz;).

Using Adobe Photo Shop elements. It was well worth it.

The bungalows are quite nice--on a hot day the A/C by itself is worth the $199. The shower on the outside is a nice touch. Between the table and chairs in the front of it and the ones inside, you can accommodate a lot of people. The only downside is you can't see the beach because they are raised up a few feet and set back from it. It's a long walk to get to them from the dock unless you take the cart.

Les

I didn't measure them, but they are probably about ten feet apart. They are not on top of each other. It doesn't really matter which one you get, but the first ones are closer to the bathrooms than the farther out ones. The beach has lots of tall shady palm trees. To access the water, there are a few steps down to a little cove area. There are a few large boulders that frame the entrance to the water and there are many rocks in the sand once you get in the water...as well as some sea urchins. I would advise wearing water shoes. It's very private...until the rest of the passengers start moving further out and start using the water there. There are lots of fish to see for snorkeling too.

To any one that knows the area......Is this area more rocky or would you say it's a sandy beach? Is it a nice beach or do you need to walk away from the bungalows to find a nice beach area?

To any one that knows the area......Is this area more rocky or would you say it's a sandy beach? Is it a nice beach or do you need to walk away from the bungalows to find a nice beach area?

Directly in front of the bungalows is a raised wall area with a rope railing. Also here is a covered abservation area over the water with a wooden walkway out to it.

There is sand and lounge chairs in this area by the wall but access to the water is back a little further.

The Bungalows are quite a walk from the tender dock.

As you move back toward the tender dock area the beach opens up to full sand. :)

We statyed in one of the Bungalows (Blue - SeaGrape) just this past may. On arrival to the ship we got a call from guest services asking us what color cabin we would like to have. we thought that was a nice touch. The ones farthest down then the beach give you the greatest privacy but are the farthest from the restrooms. As someone said no ones really watching how many people are using your bungalow, and they bring the food family style so (and lots of it and replenished as you need it) so no one is going to notice one extra.

The Bungalows also come w/ priortiy disembarking to get to the island. Quite frankly this was worth the extra $199 rather than muster in the theater and depart in groups. There is a golf cart that will drive you from the dock on arrival all the way to your bungalows. The Pricess staff from the ship is there to take your drink orders and explain the lunch menu to you. The staff is very attentive to the Bungalow visitors. Fresh ice water is in the bungablow, along with plates utensils. The bungalow is air conditioned and has a ceiling fan. This is a great plus to get out of the sun for short periods of time.

The beach areas near the bungalows is not at all crowded, plenty of room to relax. The main beach area for the other 2800 passangers is somewhat crowded, and it's nice to have some quiet time on the beach.

We brought an IPOD and speakers to enjoy some tropical music and spend the day reading and swimming. Lunch was great served right on time, we opted to have a little bit of everything and were overwhelmed with the portions. We were able to take the golf cart back at the end of the day and were the last tender off the island thus maximizing our time at the beach. The bungalow also has an outdoor shower which is really a nice treat at the end of the day. We were able to shower and change in the privacy of the bunaglow and arrive back on the ship ready to go. Its a complete spurge and you'll enjoy the island with out it...IMHO It's worth it especially to maximize your time on the island and a great way to start or wrap up your vacation. It was a really great day

http://community.webshots.com/album/563460051jUJFHt

Would you choose the same one next time or did you spot one you liked better? I looked at your pictures and the beach looked beautiful, but didn't look like you had nice water access. Are the closer in bungalows in as pretty a location? I'd like a pretty location and also a sandy beach...is that possible?

Directly in front of the bungalows is a raised wall area with a rope railing. Also here is a covered abservation area over the water with a wooden walkway out to it.

There is sand and lounge chairs in this area by the wall but access to the water is back a little further.

The Bungalows are quite a walk from the tender dock.

As you move back toward the tender dock area the beach opens up to full sand. :)

Are all bungalows in the area with the rocks and rope railing? Do you know if the golf cart can be used to get to and from the tender? Which bungalow do you like best?

Archived