Breakfast and Lunch at Cagney!

ManOfTheHour

A few breakfast options will change daily (for example, eggs benedict with crab one day and then eggs benedict with salmon another) - for lunch, there's always a hamburger but the toppings will change daily (and BTW if you see the bluecheeseburger on the menu, order it......it's the best burger DH has ever had and he considers himself a connoisseur). The mahi-mahi at lunch is great, as are the fish/chips. I cannot think of one meal that we had in Cagney's that wasn't great with a lot of choices.

You certainly won't get bored with the food options available to you:D .

I returned from the Spirit on 8/9. We used Cagney's for breakfast and lunch 5 out of the 6 days. For us, the breakfast menu was the same every day. There was a table set up with fresh fruit, cold cereals, lox and bagels that they referred to as appertizers. The lunch menu changed daily and would highly recommend a dish called somen noodles with sesame crusted scallops.

Cagney's was open on the last day which was great because I would have hated to end the cruise using the buffet. It was a disappointment to me on a Celebrity cruise when the butler reported they didn't do breakfast service the last day. I have to say NCL handles this much better and in addition to Cagney's the butler served coffee the last morning. I didn't want to transition back to the real world any sooner than I had to.

Paula

I didnt know you could have breakfast/lunch at Cagneys, I sailed NCl 4 X, how could I not know this! Boy, did I miss out.

No cover except for dinner correct?

thanks

No cover from what I have read but all you have to do is book a penthouse to get in.

I didnt know you could have breakfast/lunch at Cagneys, I sailed NCl 4 X, how could I not know this! Boy, did I miss out.

thanks

Breakfast and/or lunch at Cagney's is only available to those staying in suites/penthouses AE and above (does not include mini-suites). This perk was only recently added to the Dawn and Star (probably other ships that I don't know of) as part of Freestyle 2.0.

thanks

Cagney's is only open for breakfast & lunch for folks staying in suites

(mini-suites do not get the perk) There is no extra charge for this. It's one of the perks for staying in a suite.

Cagney's is only open for breakfast & lunch for folks staying in suites

(mini-suites do not get the perk) There is no extra charge for this. It's one of the perks for staying in a suite.

SORRY. Question was already answered.:o

Thank you so much for posting this link. I have been hoping to find pictures of all the Jade dinner menus.

This link is not from us but from someone who was on the Jade after 2.0. Note that at the top it says Seite which means page. There are 3 pages in total.

I'd like to thank the couple that posted the menus. There are also other pictures from Jade on the link. They apparently had an owners suite.

I've posted this link many times and get the same question: are the menu's going to be the same on the ship I'm sailing on. My answer still is "probably". I can't imagine NCL changing the Cagneys breakfast menu on a ship by ship basis.

Does anyone know how often they change the dinner menus in the main dining rooms? Is it once or twice a year? or maybe more often?

This might be a good question to ask at a Meet & Greet when some of the ship's officers are present.:confused:

This link is not from us but from someone who was on the Jade after 2.0. Note that at the top it says Seite which means page. There are 3 pages in total.

I'd like to thank the couple that posted the menus. There are also other pictures from Jade on the link. They apparently had an owners suite.

I've posted this link many times and get the same question: are the menu's going to be the same on the ship I'm sailing on. My answer still is "probably". I can't imagine NCL changing the Cagneys breakfast menu on a ship by ship basis.

These menus were also from cruise longer then a week. There may be some differences in sailings on 7 day rotation ship.

Just off Pearl today. Our party included an AB suite with access to Cagney's. We dined there for lunch on embarkation day. We found the service to be slow and the menu to be exactly the same as in the other main dining room restaurant.

Maybe this was due to being lunch on embarkation day, but it turned us off and we did not return to Cagneys during the cruise except for once at dinner.

Just off Pearl today. Our party included an AB suite with access to Cagney's. We dined there for lunch on embarkation day. We found the service to be slow and the menu to be exactly the same as in the other main dining room restaurant.

Maybe this was due to being lunch on embarkation day, but it turned us off and we did not return to Cagneys during the cruise except for once at dinner.

Wow Dingo sorry to hear that, Cagneys was great for breakfast and lunch on the Gem. I hope it is as good on the Dawn I am looking foward to it.

A few breakfast options will change daily (for example, eggs benedict with crab one day and then eggs benedict with salmon another) - for lunch, there's always a hamburger but the toppings will change daily (and BTW if you see the bluecheeseburger on the menu, order it......it's the best burger DH has ever had and he considers himself a connoisseur). The mahi-mahi at lunch is great, as are the fish/chips. I cannot think of one meal that we had in Cagney's that wasn't great with a lot of choices.

You certainly won't get bored with the food options available to you:D .

I wonder if this was true for us (the menu not changing) because maybe the last time we sailed on the Star this was a fairly new perk? For breakfast I swear it was the same every day and honestly I remember lunch being the same as well. If there were differences, it was so minute we didn't notice them. No matter what, we enjoyed the perk. We did eat lunch a couple of times in the main dining room, so maybe I just didnt notice the changes.. strange.

Wow Dingo sorry to hear that, Cagneys was great for breakfast and lunch on the Gem. I hope it is as good on the Dawn I am looking foward to it.

Well, to be totally fair, we never did sample breakfast in Cagney's. This was no doubt due to my parents falling in love with the butler service, and having their breakfast delivered to the suite. Without them, DW and I did not feel entitled to go to Cagney's and did not want to anyway.

Embarkation day is probably not a good time to judge dining room service. A lot of staff is probably ashore. But the fact that the menu was the same, and the main dining room was not crowded (in fact, we usually had a nice window seat) at breakfast and lunch, all meant we had no incentive to go to Cagney's. Maybe the lunch menu did change on other days. I'm sure for a lot of people it would be a real treat, but it just did not work for us.

My wife and sailed the Jewel last Jan 08 - We found Cagney's food to be the same as that found in the buffet or main dining room

For xample the daily soups were all the same

HOWEVER - Cagney's was only ever at most half full - and yes the service was paced or slow - thus on at sea days it did you give you a feeling of intimate relaxation in a golf country club atmosphere say in comparison to the hustle and bustle of the buffet (lol) the same kind of feeling one has in the private courtyard

ALSO - the view overlooking the pool area was to die for

Overall - it's a nice perk - but in our opinion not because of the food per se

Hope this helps

jc

Toronto

We found the breakfast at Cagney's on the then PoH to be excellent. Quite a bit of it was definitely a step above the main dining room. We only had lunch there once (being off the ship most days) and found the food to be fine, but not better than what we saw in the dining room. But the breakfasts...Yum.

I completely agree about the atmosphere and the intimate setting.

beachchick

Hate to disappoint you an possibly cause regret, but from what I've heard, embarkation lunch is the same at both Cagneys and the main dining halls. The only real advantage is that its a smaller setting and there is (supposedly) better service that the main halls, on embarkation lunch only. The rest of the time, it is supposed to have excellent EVERYTHING and really superior food.

Archived