Breakfast and Lunch at Cagney!

ManOfTheHour

Does anyone know how often they change the dinner menus in the main dining rooms? Is it once or twice a year? or maybe more often?

This might be a good question to ask at a Meet & Greet when some of the ship's officers are present.:confused:

once or twice a year is about right, depending on several things like feedback from past passengers for one thing.

Nita

Do the Dream and the Majesty offer "Breakfast and Lunch at Le Bistro" for AA's and AB's, as there is no Cagney's on these ships?

If they do, would the Menu's be the same as in Cagney's?

Just wondering.....

Thank you for any information......:) icon14.gif

Perhaps lunch on embarkation day is the same as the DR, but the rest of the time there are many special offerings in Cagney's such as crabcake sandwich (same crabcakes as Cagney's dinner appetizer), shrimp, fish tempura and various steaks.

Similarly things like crabcakes benedict or a petite filet mignon with your eggs is only offered at Cagney's, not to knock the DR's very good breakfast.

Also it doesn't really matter if breakfast is the same everyday because they really will make you most anything you'd like. The cold buffet has been added with freestyle 2.0 so that if you'd like something before breakfast it's already available to you. On port days it comes in handy, too.

In addition to great food, the service and attention to detail is excellent.:D

I don't remember any of the dining rooms serving the awesome French Toast they have in Cagneys. Can't wait until Oct.

By the way thanks for posting the Cagneys menu, brunolve!:)

Retired.. my DDP said it was the best french toast he has ever had in his life. And until then, all I have EVER heard was how wonderful his Mothers french toast is..heheeeheh.. So you have got to try it on your next cruise.

For breakfast and lunch? We have some early shorex's on our upcoming cruise. Would it be better to have breakfast delivered - time wise?

Thank you.

Meaclasact2.. I almost hesitate to advise on this because I have been told conflicting things. On our last cruise the breakfast menue that you could hang on your door and select a time for breakfast to be delivered to you had a wide selection. Eggs, breakfast meats, breakfast breads, jams, juices, milk, coffee, etc. We ordered it a couple of times and we were very happy with it. I have been told that we had a more extensive selection because we were in a suite. I honestly do not know if that is true or not, you can check the order card thing you have on your door when you get into your room and see.. BUT... the reason I am saying all of this is this.. I may get burned for saying this, but as much as I loved breakfast in Cagneys, to me, IMHO, breakfast was the best meal in the buffet. So you could whip in there, have your family a breakfast and go right off the ship to your excursion. Again, JMHO, but I don't think you would be THAT disappointed with the buffet for breakfast.

• 1 month later...
Breakfast and/or lunch at Cagney's is only available to those staying in suites/penthouses AE and above (does not include mini-suites). This perk was only recently added to the Dawn and Star (probably other ships that I don't know of) as part of Freestyle 2.0.

No wonder I'm confused! We're in an AE, however on the SUN. To the best of my knowledge, an AE on the Sun is considered a mini-suite and won't come with suite perks (such as breakfast/lunch in Il Adagio). Am I correct? This is so confusing, because it appears AE on one ship (Sun) is different from AE on the newer ships (Jade, Pearl, Gem, Jewel). HELP!

AE on the Sun is not a suite and does not have the suite perks.

Big Green

Thanks for the clarification. People need to be "ship specific" when they post cat AE (and above) get suite perks, otherwise it gets real confusing!

Do the Dream and the Majesty offer "Breakfast and Lunch at Le Bistro" for AA's and AB's, as there is no Cagney's on these ships?

If they do, would the Menu's be the same as in Cagney's?

Just wondering.....

Thank you for any information......:) icon14.gif

The menu posted here is the same on the Majesty's Le Bistro breakfast (I sailed her Aug/08). Oh how I miss those steak and eggs! The Majesty also had a little buffet area off to the side to select from (danishes, cold fruits, cold cereal, yogurt, etc).

coka

The menu posted here is the same on the Majesty's Le Bistro breakfast (I sailed her Aug/08). Oh how I miss those steak and eggs! The Majesty also had a little buffet area off to the side to select from (danishes, cold fruits, cold cereal, yogurt, etc).

coka

Just arrived home from the Majesty yesterday. Breakfast and lunch was excellent in the Le bistro. Hopefully this benefit will be extended on the Jewel for Platnium Latitudes for our Voyage on 10/18 ????

FIRELT5, I know what you mean! I sail the Gem in December and wonder if platinum has the perk on that ship. I think it must vary from ship to ship depending on number of passengers with the benefits??? I read so many different answers on these boards. Please let us know if you get the perk on the Jewel. If yes, then the liklihood of the Gem having it will be good.

coka

FIRELT5, I know what you mean! I sail the Gem in December and wonder if platinum has the perk on that ship. I think it must vary from ship to ship depending on number of passengers with the benefits??? I read so many different answers on these boards. Please let us know if you get the perk on the Jewel. If yes, then the liklihood of the Gem having it will be good.

coka

Dear Coka,

You know you will have VIP status no matter what cabin or Latitude status you have. Because you are Coka.:rolleyes:

PE

On the Pearl (left ship on 9/14/08), Cagney's kept the same breakfast menus but lunch and dinner went through a rotation of four different menus. We asked the server about a specific lunch dish SO liked and he told us there were four menus. He then asked which day we had it and went through the rotation to see if SO could get the same dish again before our cruise ended.

Turns out that dish was not offered again so our butler who knew we were going to Cagney's to get this dish, went and got the fish from somewhere on the ship and brought it to the chef to prepare for SO. The Chef was very happy about this and felt it was a complement to his cooking.

Anyway, I don't know if all of the ships have a four menu rotation but the Pearl does.

Does anyone know how or if this applies on the Magesty since there is no Cagneys? They only have one specialty restaurant...LeBistro and I'm curious as to whether or not this perk is offered on the Majesty but at LeBistro instead of Cagney's, or not offered at all.

Thanks,

CG

Edit: Duh, I didn't read the thread before posting. Just did a search for "Cagney's Lunch" and posted when I found the thread. I'm assuming from Coka's post that I've found my answer.....LeBistro does breakfast and lunch on the Magesty. Sorry all for not reading first.

Does anyone know how or if this applies on the Magesty since there is no Cagneys? They only have one specialty restaurant...LeBistro and I'm curious as to whether or not this perk is offered on the Majesty but at LeBistro instead of Cagney's, or not offered at all.

Thanks,

CG

Edit: Duh, I didn't read the thread before posting. Just did a search for "Cagney's Lunch" and posted when I found the thread. I'm assuming from Coka's post that I've found my answer.....LeBistro does breakfast and lunch on the Magesty. Sorry all for not reading first.

Breakfast and Lunch @ Le bistro for suites and VIP's (Gold & Plat Latt). Florintina the concerge was there to greet everyone who dined :)

Archived