Can we get a Freedom Class ship in Bayonne, PLEASE!

Bayonne, NJ has out grown the Voyager Class ships! On several up coming sailings, all balconies are SOLD OUT! RC must be aware of this, because I have not seen a discount coupon for EOS for some time. Plus, I have been doing the Voyager Class out of Bayonne since 2004, and it's beginning to get "Old Hat!" I love RC, and will continue to cruise with them, but I am longing for a differant experiance, but don't want to fly to Florida to get one. Like I said, I could see if Bayonne was not selling well, but it seems to be a very successful port. Upon browsing the discount coupons, I see many for the Freedom Class ships, but none for EOS. RC, can we PLEASE GET A FREEDOM CLASS SHIP IN BAYONNE? Pretty please, with sugar on top?

• 4 weeks later...

If we can't get a different class ship, how about some different itineraries for the EOS?

Maybe a southern itinerary offered in the sumer or a western itinerary offered, and if there needs to be more sea days than port days to get us there, then that fine.

Something that offers us more of a choice than 5 night Bermuda, 9 night Eastern (which is GREAT BTW), Canada and the occassional 12 night southern.

Why? That seems counter-intuitive to me.

That was the Captains best guess when I spoke with him on our June 28th sail on Explorer. Also, dont expect for 'at least' a few years. Apparently they know 'who' (age bracket) is sailing most out of NJ...........they will eventually cater to 'who' is sailing most frequently.

(apparently = Royal knows their statistics, lol)

==============

Also, Explorer sails 12 months, who knows, if NJ ever gets an additional ship, maybe it would just be part time...which would be welcome and better than nothing...?

Just off the Explorer on 8/23. Our waiter told us that the Liberty is coming to Bayonne. Of course, someone else on the same cruise was told by his waiter that the Freedom was coming there, so who knows what is accurate.

Would the Freedom Class be able to get under the bridge? Right now I think the Explorer has a 15 ft clearancNot sure what the Freedom class would require for clearance.

Annieeee

I believe both Liberty and Freedom visited Bayonne on their way over from Europe before they arrived in Florida for their inaugoral sailings. I remember the Today Show was there when one of the ships was in the area. So, I suppose it does fit under the bridge - it isn't taller than a Voyager ship, just longer, right?

Just off the Explorer on 8/23. Our waiter told us that the Liberty is coming to Bayonne. Of course, someone else on the same cruise was told by his waiter that the Freedom was coming there, so who knows what is accurate.

I actually believe that it will be the Liberty and I think that it will be sometime in late 2010 when the Allure enters service. I don't think that south Florida can support two Oasis class and a Freedom class year round so it makes sense that the Liberty move somewhere else.

Our local sales rep. told us that tri-state sales reps. for RCL have been asking the company for a Freedom class ship to be moved up here forever. They will contonie to ask, but they have no idea if it will be honored. But they are asking RCL.

The Freedom will fit under the Verrazano, but the Oasis will not, so no inaugural in NY for that ship.

I believe both Liberty and Freedom visited Bayonne on their way over from Europe before they arrived in Florida for their inaugoral sailings. I remember the Today Show was there when one of the ships was in the area. So, I suppose it does fit under the bridge - it isn't taller than a Voyager ship, just longer, right?

Yes we visited the Freedom when it was here, it was a beautiful sight.:D

Archived