whats your favourite Crown lounge?

chin14

Hi everyone,

We're going on Princess for the first time in October (Crown). Could anyone tell me what the style of each of these lounges is (e.g. dark and smoky, open and airy, piano bar etc.). We'll try them all for sure but I wanted to know which one people prefer.

Wheelhouse Bar

Adagio Bar

Crooners Bar

Speakeasy cigar lounge

Thanks,

chin14

Hi everyone,

We're going on Princess for the first time in October (Crown). Could anyone tell me what the style of each of these lounges is (e.g. dark and smoky, open and airy, piano bar etc.). We'll try them all for sure but I wanted to know which one people prefer.

Wheelhouse Bar - dark, some smoke, nautical theme, live entertainment, dance floor

Adagio Bar - lovely (my favorite) light and airy, no smoke, high up with great views, great for conversation, light jazz piano music, specialty cocktails

Crooners Bar - great for people watching, fabulous specialty cocktails, no smoke, art deco in design, music from the piazza

Speakeasy cigar lounge - obviously smoky, small, big screen TVs, very clubby in feel.

Thanks,

chin14

I hope this helps.;)

Hi everyone,

Wheelhouse Bar

Adagio Bar

Crooners Bar

Speakeasy cigar lounge

In my recollection, Wheelhouse was dark and smoky. My wife wouldn't stay there regardless of the entertainment. Adagio is not. Elegant and subdued decor. Crooners is not large, but has a piano bar that is pretty popular. Not smoky. Speakeasy is not even really a lounge, just a nice quiet room to go smoke a cigar. I did that a couple of times. Surprisingly, it's not smoky, as not many go in there.

We were in Crooners almost every evening, and when we weren't there we were generally in Adagio. Crooners is a great spot to people watch & relax with a drink & some good music; Adagio was nice, quiet and relaxing - great martini list, and a fantastic piano player.

Adagio was nice in a good location--that was where the daytime games were played.

Club Fusion at the aft Promenade deck was where ballroom dancing lessons and a "Ballroom Blitz" were held, as well as various bands played. Also where the Captain's Circle party was and where you cleared customs in St. Thomas.

Skywalker's never really got hopping unfortunately.

Crooner's we walked by frequently and it seemed to have things going on often. Wheelhouse not so much. Explorers Lounge in the mid/aft of the Promenade deck seemed to have a lot going on too. Newlywed game, art auctions, etc.

When we were on the Crown in June we went to Crooners almost every night. The service there was great. The hidden secret is to ask for the olive sampler. They bring out a selection of olives that you can enjoy while you are drinking your cocktail.

That's a great tip. Or would be if I liked olives. But what a nice idea for those that do.

Adagio is by far, hands-down, the best bar! I love that it's always quiet and peaceful -- you really feel like you've discovered a secret!

I ahve to agree with other posters and say that Adagio was by far our favorite evening bar on the Crown. We had dessert there a few times with after dinner drinks and met people there for drinks often. The service is excellent, and once they get to know you will bring you goodies from Sabatinis. It is so beautifully decorated, and the Sabatinis on the Crown is the most beautiful as far as I'm concerned.

enjoy! Karen

When we were on the Crown in June we went to Crooners almost every night. The service there was great. The hidden secret is to ask for the olive sampler. They bring out a selection of olives that you can enjoy while you are drinking your cocktail.

I first saw those in Adagio. :D

Archived