OK here we go....

crazycath

What topic should I choose? Why do overweight people go to the midnight buffet? Why do people wear toilet water,when it really smells like it?:p :D

Now thats the kind of information I am looking for here...........:D You are a real breath of fresh air.:)

Hey VentureMan we have missed you around lately. Where ya been?

Keeping busy... took a bit of time away from the 'puter... almost booked a 5 day cruise at the end of September, but the Love of my life was not prepared for such short notice being that school just started... and we have a two or three celebratons in September that tend to get in the way. Maybe next spring.

Thank you for asking... :)

I rarely look at post counts. I've been on other message boards where there are no post counts. After a while, people start recognizing names. That's what I look for.. names. I list my cruises, so people can see I'm not an expert, but someone who has been on a few. Yes, the grumps out there probably will say someone who's been on only a few cruises can't answer questions, but if I can be helpful I try. By the way, I have answered, "I don't know..but" in the past. My motivation was like Fireflly's above, to bump the thread so it wouldn't get lost.

I personally come to this board for a chuckle (and some threads are a riot) and for information. If I happen to post while here, then so be it.

I rarely look at post counts. I've been on other message boards where there are no post counts.

I cant figure out why anyone cares what their post count is. I certainly dont, they could take it away and Id be happy, who wants folks to know how gabby they are online? lol Someone who cares can have mine if they can get the mods to switch them.

People know me on gaming boards, because I know how to fiddle with the files and cant help them do things with games like slow down the balls or take one of the colors out if they are on a level they cant get thru. But Iv switched my passion to cruises because Im taking a lot of cruises. Want platinum/diamond etc on all the cruise lines NOW, not a high post count.

Keeping busy... took a bit of time away from the 'puter... almost booked a 5 day cruise at the end of September, but the Love of my life was not prepared for such short notice being that school just started... and we have a two or three celebratons in September that tend to get in the way. Maybe next spring.

Thank you for asking... :)

There sure are some deals right now, too bad you couldnt get away on short notice. I dont remember ever seeing Conquest at $429, but if you are 55 you can get it again today at that price for sept 7th, of course there are a couple of hurricanes in the way between Galveston and the ports Im thinking are why the price drop in the next week or so. If I werent already booked, Id be tempted.

Other times I have posted:

• "Thank You" - When I first started posting, I was too shy to post a thank you. That seemed impolite, so now I say thank you for the info, advice, for sharing, making me laugh, etc. etc.
  • "Exactly what I was thinking!" - Some members are so eloquent, I just have to recognize it.
  • "WTH" - Sometimes I speak up if a post is impolite, uncalled for.
  • "Good Luck" - Best wishes for your trip, your endeavours, etc. etc.

So I guess these bump up my thread count (no such thing as a thread count in my other online activities :p). Again, if I have committed a forum faux pas, I sincerely apologize.

Well, I have learned somethings, 1. ppl reply to help "bump" posts, 2. all mothers are NOT alike 3. some ppl still have a sense of humor and 4 some ppl do NOT have a sense of humor.

Thanks for all the answers,

Cathy

It is very different to post in this forum than it is to play a game where I would interact with another person's avatar (complete with body movements and facial expressions). Usually I am the "straight man" to the "class clown" but it doesn't translate well here :o

Exactly.

I am so glad some ppl have a sense of humor. Others do not. Those are who I am asking this.

Cathy

Humor:confused: , what's that. Since you are talking to me, I don't know the answer, but someone on these boards does...j/k I didn't know you lose your post count if it goes to the floataway lounge. Why is that??

I think some see threads as a conversation and will reply with an " I dunno" to be polite. And, some might reply to "bump it" as others have mentioned. Seems like I was called on the carpet once for not saying "thank-you" when people answered but I just thought it was assumed I was grateful. I try not to sweat the small stuff. And, i have no idea what my post count is but will look now!

Donna

I think some see threads as a conversation and will reply with an " I dunno" to be polite. And, some might reply to "bump it" as others have mentioned. Seems like I was called on the carpet once for not saying "thank-you" when people answered but I just thought it was assumed I was grateful. I try not to sweat the small stuff. And, i have no idea what my post count is but will look now!

Donna

Hot dog~563! Am I in the big leagues yet? Prolly not cause the majority of my posts are picking on a Holiday hatin' poster..lol.

Donna

I usually find that the people that have only been on the boards a couple of years and have 10,000+ posts are the ones who post multiple times in most every thread and almost never say anything worth hearing. I just skip over their posts. I usually put them on ignore for the first few months and then remove the ignore, but just skip over them after that. They're always extra bad in the beginning, but it never goes away entirely with them.

Now if any of them try to respond to this post, I won't answer cause I won't realize they're talking to me because.... I skip over their posts. :p

I usually find that the people that have only been on the boards a couple of years and have 10,000+ posts are the ones who post multiple times in most every thread and almost never say anything worth hearing. I just skip over their posts. I usually put them on ignore for the first few months and then remove the ignore, but just skip over them after that. They're always extra bad in the beginning, but it never goes away entirely with them.

Now if any of them try to respond to this post, I won't answer cause I won't realize they're talking to me because.... I skip over their posts. :p

How do you put someone on ignore??

How do you put someone on ignore??

Bottom of the top banner you will see "user CP", click that and then you will options on the left. One of them is called "buddy/ignore lists". From there you can iggy the people that you do not wish to read their dribble anymore.

Just so they get a higher post count.It makes them think they are important or some kind of expert.:rolleyes:

If they spent half the time in the gym as they do on the boards,they would be fit and trim and we would eliminate another whole catagory of postings.

So I guess your nothing nice does not hold up with me.Oh well.

Just a joke!!:p :D

wow that sounded strong to me lol

Are yo u calling them fat>??

I will never think they are fat just cause some posts are full of pictures with food lol.

Archived