policy change for check in

Sea Hag

I don't see this already posted here, so if it is and I've missed it please excuse.

I got an email this morning about our upcoming cruise. It was marked "Emergency Notification" in the subject line.

The gist of it is that from here out, anybody who hasn't completed their passenger info on the website or through some other means *MUST* (that's how they show it) be checked in at least 90 minutes before departure time or they will be denied boarding.

If they really mean business with this, then anybody who hasn't completed their passenger info had better get to the pier and get in line early enough to get checked in before that 90 minutes before deadline.

I haven't checked princess.com to see if this is posted there yet, but I'd imagine that if it isn't, it will be.

Sea Hag--Thanks for the timely reminder.

This requirement was originally scheduled to go into effect Feb. 28, 2008, but was delayed for six months to allow more time to get systems into place. That would make it effective this month--and I'll bet more than a few folks have forgotten the original threads.

I got an E -mail yesterday and it's on your cruise personalizer today. All it seems to be is you need to be sure immigartion stuff is complete, and when you bring your boarding pass to..........mmm.......board, it's a done deal. 30 days still no stateroom!!! Seems i'm in the cone of uncertinty!!

Yes, it was announced a while ago that due to new Homeland Security regulations where the ship must submit the manifest at least 60 minutes before sailing, if someone has not completed check-in within 90 minutes, they will be denied boarding. The extra 30 minutes is to give the Reps time to complete check-ins and submit the manifest.

I don't see this already posted here, so if it is and I've missed it please excuse.

I got an email this morning about our upcoming cruise. It was marked "Emergency Notification" in the subject line.

The gist of it is that from here out, anybody who hasn't completed their passenger info on the website or through some other means *MUST* (that's how they show it) be checked in at least 90 minutes before departure time or they will be denied boarding.

If they really mean business with this, then anybody who hasn't completed their passenger info had better get to the pier and get in line early enough to get checked in before that 90 minutes before deadline.

I haven't checked princess.com to see if this is posted there yet, but I'd imagine that if it isn't, it will be.

Yes, that info has been out for awhile....but, thanks for reminding us.

And I think it means you must check in 90 minutes prior to sailaway (so they can finalize the manifest) regardless of whether you completed your stuff online or not.
Yes, I believe it's check-in, not just completing your PIF since completing the PIF doesn't guarantee you're on the ship. Completing the PIF certainly speeds up check-in.

Archived