Can I make a 10:51am flight from MIA

kel24

Kel--

RCI's website says not to book a flight before 11:00 AM. So...you're only 9 minutes early. I'd say that's pretty close. They must assume you can make the 11:00 flight so, if you rush, you should be able to make the 10:51, especially if you carry your own luggage. We actually booked a 10:50 for our January cruise. We have priority disembarkation being Diamond so we're hoping that will help. Flame away but....we've always been to the airport early before, except one bizarre exception.

Oh brother!:rolleyes:

You know Gathina I don't give a monkey's butt what you think!!!!!:mad: I bought the ticket and didn't even think about the timing. Yes that was my fault!!!! If I didn't want advice I wouldn't of asked!!!! I now can see why other stop posting on here because of people like YOU!!!! The airlines don't have to do anything but I did call them and they said to call ahead so get off my butt!!!!!!!!!! And start jumping on somebody else's because it seems that's what you do best. For those of you that did give me advise thanks. I know I shouldn't of bought the tickets but its over now and I will look into buy one-way tickets back. I'll just use the tickets for another date.

You started the bashing not ME!! Like other posters have said there is always one that tried to cause problems and you'r it!! And your right OH BOTHER!!!!! I'm not going to waste my time on someone thats going to bash people for asking a question!!!

I would offer several suggestions to help you make your final decision. I would recommend that you check to see how many ships will be in port on that day. I had one of my worst post cruise experienced when many ships were in port and weather delays caused my original flight to be cancelled. I was lucky to get home that day, because most flights are fully booked this days. You also might want to check and see if the next flight (just in case you miss your flight) has available seats or is fully booked. Most of the time, I have been at the airport much earlier than my flight, but stuff does happen sometimes. Good luck and have a great cruise.

I didn't bash anyone.

You started the bashing not ME!! Like other posters have said there is always one that tried to cause problems and you'r it!! And your right OH BOTHER!!!!! I'm not going to waste my time on someone thats going to bash people for asking a question!!!

I didn't bash anyone.

why do you even CARE what anyone thinks..you already bought the ticket! If you don't make it I will not feel sorry for you at all.

You are so smart. I hate it when people ask for an opinion when they've already made up their mind what to do.

ditto about miami and security..I've seen everything happen at that port and then some..even a traffic accident at the entry of the port can screw everything up for everyone.

Well, yes you did. Just re-read what you posted. If you don't see any "bashing" then maybe your definition of "bashing" is different than most people's?

The OP posted a reasonable question and most people posted reasonable answers instead of criticizing the OP for asking :( .

Thank you for your suggestions!! If it looks like we are not going to make it I will call and tell then and then ask if there is any seats on the next flight or even the next.:)

The problem with that is the airlines purposely oversell every single flight that they can. You'll be lucky to get out on a flight especially during peak season if you miss your original.

I don't know if you've been watching the news but all of the airlines have cut their routes about 25% and the majority of these flights are in and out of resort destinations.

If you opt to take your chances and go with your original schedule, have a backup plan.

Go ahead now and book a hotel room for that night. You can always cancel up to 6PM with no charge at all chain hotels.

Otherwise I'd keep badgering the airlines until you can get someone to rescedule you for a reasonable fee.

Claim stupidity or just being naive but killing them with kindness works wonders.

You seriously need to change your flights. The customer service person doesn't give a rip whether or not you make your flight.

If you miss your flight because of your mistake, the airlines have no obligation to put you on another flight. They can make you pay walkup rates for the next flight out and give you no credit for the missed flight.

And they certainly will not find you or pay for accomodations.

In the spirit of productive advice, I agree with the previous posters - if you have already booked the flight and cannot afford to change it here are some tips

- Don't plan on going standby - as a previous passenger mentioned most flights are over-booked and as the day goes on carry over from other stand by passengers add up - I was on a flight home a couple of weeks ago and there were 60 passengers on a standby list with one available seat

- Do try and carry on luggage - takes some extra thought but eliminates standing in line to check bags. Learn about the liquid rule and pack accordingly.

- Do check in for your flight online if possible either via your own laptop or through the ships internet lounge. Once you are checked in (up to 24 hours in advance availability) the airline will hold your seat until about 10 minutes prior to flight time when they release to standbys. If you are not checked in and you arrive late first and foremost you will not be allowed to check your bags within a certain timeframe (hour on many airlines) and therefore they will not let you check in. They will also start releasing your seat earlier to standbys. By the way if you are even 1 minute late in checking your bags because you were stuck in the airlines ridiculously long lines they don't care!

I didn't bash anyone. When I said to the other poster "you are so smart", what I implied was that she made a wise decision the way she did.

And I stand by what I said. I hate it when someone makes a decision then goes and asks everyone for their opinion or advice. If she already made a decision then why ask for advice.

There's a reason why the cruise lines advise you to make your flight for after a certain time. It's pretty hard to screw up your return flight if you follow their advice.

Well, yes you did. Just re-read what you posted. If you don't see any "bashing" then maybe your definition of "bashing" is different than most people's?

The OP posted a reasonable question and most people posted reasonable answers instead of criticizing the OP for asking :( .

It may not have been 'bashing', but in my opinion (and we all have them) it was pretty rude and antagonistic however.

I've always thought these boards were a great place to go for information sharing and getting questions answered. More and more these days the replies that some people give make it so other people are afraid to ask some questions.

My mother always taught me if I have nothing nice or productive to say, I should keep quiet.. very good advice :rolleyes:

Like I said before, and I can't say it any simpler, there are reasons why the cruise lines recommend booking flights after a certain time. Maybe it's in the fine print and people don't read it. I don't know. It's usually spelled out pretty loud and clear somewhere in the literature that they send you. My opinion is if you don't follow what they recommend, then you lose your right to complain about it later.:eek:

It may not have been 'bashing', but in my opinion (and we all have them) it was pretty rude and antagonistic however.

I've always thought these boards were a great place to go for information sharing and getting questions answered. More and more these days the replies that some people give make it so other people are afraid to ask some questions.

My mother always taught me if I have nothing nice or productive to say, I should keep quiet.. very good advice :rolleyes:

And I stand by what I said. I hate it when someone makes a decision then goes and asks everyone for their opinion or advice. If she already made a decision then why ask for advice.

Hello Gathina, It might help you to understand why your comments seemed like bashing, if you stop to consider the fact that Madge’s decision is NOT already made. The decision she is trying to make, right now, concerns whether or not she should make a change in her plans: Should she, or should she not, pay the necessary change fees, and book a later flight.? That is what she’s asking now.

So even if it were reasonable to be annoyed with her for asking about an already made decision, that isn’t the case here. This is a another decision she has to make, and she would like some input on it.

Archived