Fun Pass does it speed things??

Terry305

I have this question guys, I never do the sunpass, if i do it will speed the process, also do I need to print anything???

I am sailing in less than 2 weeks , when shall I do it???

Thanks

:)

Yeah... it will speed things up. By having the Fun Pass complete the folks at Carnival will already know what form of identification you'll be using, how you'll take care of your onboard account, etc...

I'd expect that it would save ten to fifteen minutes standing at a counter answering questions and what not...

Complete it as soon as you can, print it out and bring it with you. Bottom line, it's not NECESSARY but it sure will make things easier!!

Yes, it definitely speeds things up since all your info is in the computer. You don't necessarily need to bring a print out of it though, they never even look at ours, just ask for our passports and a credit card.

We had a similar situation. I had printed the FunPass, but they didn't look at it, we just gave them our Passports, a credit card, and they handed us our Sign & Sail cards because they had all the information I'd entered into the FunPass online. Very easy. I was impressed because I'd heard horror stories of long waits in the terminal.

I have this question guys, I never do the sunpass, if i do it will speed the process, also do I need to print anything???

I am sailing in less than 2 weeks , when shall I do it???

Thanks

It sure does speed things up. The Funpass provides them with all the information they need to process your reservation and to get your name and info on all the "lists" now required by Homeland Security, Immigration, etc.

If you don't do it ahead of time, it's no biggy. But, you will be held up during the boarding process while you do it there. One way or another, they need that info....

You don't have to print it out. Once you have completed the FunPass, all the information is in their computer and displays with your reservation.

Thanks for the info, will my friends need to have an account in the CCL website to do their fun pass??

If they are on the same booking number, then no. It takes just a couple of minute to register online with Carnival.

Also keep in mind if you are running late.

You have to be checked in 60 minute prior to sailaway if you have the Funpass completed.

If not, you have to be checked in 90 minutes prior to sailaway.

Failure to do this can result in you being denied boarding. The ship has to send in a completed manifest 60 minutes prior to sailaway. They are not allowed to add to the manifest once submitted. So that means, even if the ship is sitting there while the list is being vetted by Homeland Security, you will not be allowed onboard if you are not checked in ontime.

Dave

That Funpass in your hand is proof that you provided the required information in advance, avoids having to do it at the pier and insures that you will be able to board the ship if the backup documentation you bring with you to the pier matches.

One of the biggest advantages of registering online in an attempt to print the Funpass is that you should notice any errors in the cruise line record of you that need to be changed. Do it now and do it the day you book next time. If you can log on to this you can do it.

As many times as we ask there are always a number of guests on each sailing that realize a week before that their real name is Charles, not Chuck. The cruise line records need to match the ID you bring with you, having completed the Funpass helps insure that.

In addition, after 10 cruises you get a big "VIP" printed on it so you can walk around letting others be impressed. On our last cruise there was a guy walking around picking his teeth with his and I know it was so we would see the "VIP" on his Funpass. Needless to say, we were indeed impressed with his VIPness. You'll want to print that one in color :)

Do they still want your credit card if you want to pay for the sign + sail card with cash?

I was planning on giving them a few 100 $$s and not using a card if possibe, to make sure we do not overspend! I imagine there are constantly people trying to sell things on board and it would be helpful to know you have, for example 'only' $100 left on your card for the trip...

Or do they want your card in case there ae extras - like in hotels?

Do they still want your credit card if you want to pay for the sign + sail card with cash?

I was planning on giving them a few 100 $$s and not using a card if possibe, to make sure we do not overspend! I imagine there are constantly people trying to sell things on board and it would be helpful to know you have, for example 'only' $100 left on your card for the trip...

No they will not ask for your card if you want to use a cash deposit however with a 7 days cruise they require a $200.00 deposit. If you don't plan on putting that much down they may require a credit card. You will get the unused amount back in the form of a check at the end of your cruise.

You can also use the card to establish the onboard account and, once onboard, make a cash deposit at the purser's desk to remove your card from your S&S account. Of course, if you spend more than the cash deposit, you'll either pay up before debarkation or receive a bill at home.

What if you completed your funpass picking cash as the method for your sail and sign and change your mind... can you switch to a debit card when you check in?

I'm still on the fence whether or not I want to or not. I have heard the lines are horrible to settle up when you do cash but I don't like the idea that your debit card could be "tied up" for 72 hours after the cruise... what to do -what to do :confused:

What if you completed your funpass picking cash as the method for your sail and sign and change your mind... can you switch to a debit card when you check in?

I'm still on the fence whether or not I want to or not. I have heard the lines are horrible to settle up when you do cash but I don't like the idea that your debit card could be "tied up" for 72 hours after the cruise... what to do -what to do :confused:

The trick is to pay the final amount with the debit card on the last seaday. This way a hold is not placed on the card.

Yes, you can switch to your card upon check-in.

Dave

Archived