Dirty comforters?

Markk

It is true that Lysol and other household cleaners are more toxic that any germs that you may encounter at any given time. Do you realize that e.coli. is present on many common surfaces, but just not in concentrations to make the average person sick? You need to be exposed to some germs in order to build resistances! As a former elementary school teacher, I am all too aware of germ spreading. As a matter of fact, at a faculty meeting, my principal had just returned from an inservice and pointed out the following: Do you realize how many kids that we have in our schools that have allergies and/or asthma? Yes, there are many causes for those issues. But, heavy uses of all these antibacterials and toxic products probably add to the problem. By the way, I taught in a brand new school. I'm aware of mold, etc.... in older bldgs. Anyway, he advised us to teach good handwashing/hygiene practices and to lay off the Lysol, etc. Just another observation. As far as the restaurants, I never want to look in the kitchen. If I did, I probably would lose my appetite. But, so far so good! All in all, spraying Lysol over everything is probably worse than just leaving it. One thing most ALL of us seem to agree on is that we do take the comforter/bedspread off. Some of us just take the issue a lot further.

No wonder there are so many antibiotic resistant germs out there! Everyone goes around with Lysol can "disinfecting" everything! Yes, it is gross to think about big dirty rear ends sitting on a comforter and now it's your turn to use it. However, what are you going to do, lick the comforter? Just fold it up and put it in the closet or ask your room attendant to stash it for you somewhere. As far as spraying the whole room, what do you think you are "killing" that would harm you if you didn't spray? Do you spray restaurant seats before sitting down? I hope not. The telephone in the room may have germs, but are you going to lick that, too? Elevator buttons, handrails, door knobs/pulls, items in the gift shops, and money (probably the dirtiest) are all handled by many people everyday and we don't have to spray those! As a person that used to worry about those things, I found it just wasted my time and money. I go to enjoy my cruise (or any vacation for that matter) and decided to give up the germ issues. I have found that I enjoy my vacations much more by letting that go. If I get a cold or a bug, oh well, I'll get over it. Just use the basic sanitary practices like washing your hands and "it's all good"! By the way, you'll be more likely to catch something by some inconsiderate person coughing and sneezing and not covering their mouth anyway! Here's hoping no one takes this as being hateful, but just give it a thought.

SeaBreezy, I'm with you! :D

I think people obsess too much! Relax folks!!! Don't 'think' so much!! :)

When we sailed on the Legend our comforter had some ahem "tracks" on it and I asked the room steward for a clean comforter AND blankets. No problem he brought them immediately.

Now that is disgusting! Definitely ask your steward to change those linens!

If I were you, I would make a human sized condom that will encapsulate your entire body. Then you can view the world from your latex fortress, perhaps in a shade of green?

ROFLMAO!

If I were you, I would make a human sized condom that will encapsulate your entire body. Then you can view the world from your latex fortress, perhaps in a shade of green?

Blue would be better...makes the water look so pretty. Why do you think Elvis wears blue shades?

I guess post, hopefully. However, they should've used TP!!

If someone's that gross they probably used the comforter as their washcloth.

Ewwww...using it and then folding it back up like it's never been used only to discover "it" when you go to wash your face.....*SHIVER*

Still say if there's a duvet, take that and the sheets to the laundry. At least you'll know their clean.

Well, that wouldn't be very nice, would it?:rolleyes:

Why not do what I do - take a small can of Lysol disinfecting spray? I'm not a fanatic, but I do like to spray the carpet, bedding, pillows, and bathroom. I do the same when going to a hotel. Then I don't have to worry about it. EZ

ummm...that's nice...but if you read the label on lysol, it explains that it only disinfects hard surfaces. so perhaps it makes you feel better, but the germs just smell better (lol)

Guest enjoycruises

Lysol is HIGHLY toxic as is many of our household cleansers. It has been proven to cause harmful disease in children. I don't use many of the cleansers in the stores. I chose to go the "green" route and my family is less ill for this choice.

I too take off the comforter and when getting a balony cabin or going to a hotel, I "air" out the place.

It's "Room Steward" :rolleyes:

Voyager - we had that converstation yesterday....you missed it.

Going "green" *makes note to bring coal stove* ;)

Archived