Another tipping thread

steveaaaa

I have been enjoying the other tipping topics and it seems that everyone from the start of your trip, you are tipping.The park and fly attendant,the mini bus to the airport driver,the airline porter,the cab driver,the ship porter,ect It seems that there is one person that we do not tip and I wonder why.(If you are flying)

Why do we not tip the flight attendant?:rolleyes:

They provide food,beverage,magazine,blanket,and a pillow.With a push of a button, they show up to provide what ever "Service" you may need at that time.

They are paid low wages,they are long distances from their families.

Just my observation.

Steve:D

Steve,

for someone that seems, at the very least, vaguely educated, you sure have a hard time grasping this tipping concept.

Unless you are ready to pay 15%-30% higher prices on some of the items you purchase from any company that retains employees who work for tips, it's not going to change.

As stated above, you seem somewhat educated. You seem to know every position that is expecting a tip. Yet, you continue to debate that the "tips" should be built into your traveling/dining/entertainment price. Please use a little common sence and build them youself....you know them all upfront.

I really find it difficult to believe you would be happier going to your local Chili's/Bennigans/TGIFridays and paying $13.00 for a burger rather than paying the $7.00 we currently pay and tossing a tip on the table. If I am wrong and you would prefer the former, might I suggest a simple math course that includes decimals, fractions and percentages.

Nationally, the median wage for flight attendants is $43,140 per year. Half of all flight attendants earn between $31,660 and $66,260 per year.

Well then they don't make minimum wage so they don't need tipping to supplement their income do they?

yeah, just need old Robbyxoxoxoxo to come aboard and Triumvirate of Tipping will be complete!

Was XO a tip hater too??? I recall his complaints about inconsistant service...I don't remember him being 'cheap'...maybe I just forgot????

Where are you XO?????? Care to comment?

Yes, he was in the lawn care business and said he worked harder than any of the stewards....and he doesnt get tipped so he didnt like tipping or something. Good ole Robby was advocate general for anti-tippers till Steveaaaaa boy stepped up to the plate! :D

Was XO a tip hater too??? I recall his complaints about inconsistant service...I don't remember him being 'cheap'...maybe I just forgot????

Where are you XO?????? Care to comment?

Ah Halos...XO was the one that wanted to or was in complete agreement with another about NOT using the cabin steward for the week and then not tipping him/her. (see not being sexist:p ) Something about being so neat or some such nonsense.

Found a post of his.....

dudes......i still find it funny as he!! how some of yall give so much time, effort and money into the tipping thang.....like those people making up gift packages for their room steward.....it must be nice to have so much free time on your hands to come up with such sappy ideas.....its a dog eat dog world out there.....i dont have the time OR the heart to be feeding other dogs my food.....go find your own bone, is my motto:).......tipping 25% is about as smart as goin to buy a car and paying an extra 25% to the dealer just because he was nice to ya.....ill find better ways to spend my hard earned money.....giving it away freely to a waiter just for doin his JOB isnt makin my list of things i need to do.....I figure that I work harder for my money than most anyone i see working as a server...so if anyones earned that tip money its ME:)...we all should be so lucky as to be paid a 25% tip just for popping open a beer can......ill teach my pet monkey to do that for free

And him on ditching the cabin stewards :D

if it was just ME deciding, i truly think i would........and YES this all boils down to being a cheap aszz and saving $50...........

LOL!!!

How the HECK did I forget all that????????

I'd like to think that I am a wonderful person who just wants to see the good in people and forget the bad...but that would be horse-pucky...I think good ol' XO just posted so much crap over those few months that I didn't have room to retain it all!!

Good GRIEF!

Where's he been hiding, anyway????

on most airlines you can't tip the flight attendants...they're not allowed to accept them...I've attempted to tip first class flight attendants that have servered and serverd and served me...usually in the cattle section of the plane they won't take money over the $4 or $5...whats another dollar when you're all ready getting nailed on drink prices...nothing like an airplane or sporting event drink to get you ready for cruise pricing...I get the same feeling when in vegas, everyone has their hand out...its nice to get home and not worry about having small bills to hand over for everything...

sorry for attempting to put this thread back on topic

As stated above, you seem somewhat educated. You seem to know every position that is expecting a tip. Yet, you continue to debate that the "tips" should be built into your traveling/dining/entertainment price. Please use a little common sence and build them youself....you know them all upfront.

I.

Well its time I come clean!:cool:

I receive tips daily myself. I used to get a few hundred a week and now since I am entering semi retirement my work load has been cut greatly as well as tipping opportunities.3 weeks to go.:)

I want them built in so I can deduct them.:D

Steve

Well its time I come clean!:cool:

I receive tips daily myself. I used to get a few hundred a week and now since I am entering semi retirement my work load has been cut greatly as well as tipping opportunities.3 weeks to go.:)

I want them built in so I can deduct them.:D

Steve

Gee, now that you're going in to retirement you want them built in. I bet you really enjoyed getting the tips while you were working, because if they were built in, then you would have to report ALL of them to the IRS. Unless of course, you are one of the few who reports and pays taxes on every penny earned from tips.

Archived