Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I just booked a 7 night from New Orleans on Norwegian Spirit for $219.00 single occupancy! Total with tax/portcharges: $473.78 inside. This shows up as $379+ tax/fees on websites, but the above is the total breakdown for that price. Ocean view appx $70 more. Where are the party people? Book today and let's rock this ship!

With the tropical depression in the Gulf due this weekend you won't have to worry about the passengers rocking the ship. Mother nature will be taking care of that. Actually, I'm truly sorry about this development. Hope it's not bad and have a safe cruise.

Would really help a lot, if you actually

gave the dates for this bargain!!!

the OP did post the dates-but he posted it in the TITLE line.

so if you received his post by email, like i do, you wouldnt know the date of the ship was 9/4. this special had already been previously posted anyway in post # 1239

as i posted back in post #1227 .....please include the name and date of the ship and all other pertinent info in the body of the message, so those of us who subscribe by email get all the details- do not post it in the title alone

thanks everyone for posting your great bargains

if i didnt already have the Splendor booked, i may have looked into this Spirit bargain

You can get a balcony guarantee on the Spirit for September 4th for something like $679 plus taxes, no single supplement. That would be SO tempting if the flights to New Orleans at this short notice weren't almost $650 roundtrip for me...oh well, I've dawdled and hemmed and hawed about a solo cruise for next week too long, and now my options are all bad. I guess I'll get lots of work done on my house instead! :)

With the tropical depression in the Gulf due this weekend you won't have to worry about the passengers rocking the ship. Mother nature will be taking care of that. Actually, I'm truly sorry about this development. Hope it's not bad and have a safe cruise.

Luckily I don't get sea sick! We'll make the best of it.

Hi: Just on Carnival website, 5 Days on the Carnival Inspiration

from Tampa, October 31, 2011,

Pack & Go - Last Minute Special - Nonrefundable $199pp

Solo $398 + $51.64 = $449.64

Less than $100 a day.

Is this a suitable fare to post here? My first time posting a fare, Deirdre

Less than $100 a day.

good job with your first fare post! good rule of thumb for the under $100/day

I want to thank everyone for their posts. I have read all the posts on this thread over the last four days and they have been very informative. Now I have a much better understanding of solo cruising. Most appreciative, Deirdre :)

Welcome Deirdre !! Many of us on this forum have met on more than one sailing that has been posted here. It is a great thread that is very helpful to all !! :)

Less than $100 a day.

A very good example of how sometimes even at 200% the prices isn't too bad if it starts out low enough PP. I agree, $100/day is a great round about number to look at for me anyway. This one is on Halloween as well.

I just booked a 7 night from New Orleans on Norwegian Spirit for $219.00 single occupancy! Total with tax/portcharges: $473.78 inside. This shows up as $379+ tax/fees on websites, but the above is the total breakdown for that price. Ocean view appx $70 more. Where are the party people? Book today and let's rock this ship!

Just curious - how did you find out about this great last minute rate? Are you on some particular emailing list, or do you have a travel agency connection? I sign up for notifications from various agencies, and have yet to receive anything that is a "deal". I've always thought it was because I was a solo and they want the extra on board spending funds from the second traveler. Just curious.

Don't see how this is considered $219 sing occ, but it is still a reasonable deal.

Cruise Fare .......... $379.00

Gov't Taxes & Fees ... $ 94.78

Totals ............... $473.78

Edited by Diplomat1

That NCL Spirit deal was a good one, but you'll have fewer days onboard... the cruise has now been shortened due to the weather. Hopefully you can sightsee in New Orleans, despite the weather. Have fun!

See below... taken from the NCL website.

Norwegian Spirit will remain at sea on Sunday, September 4, awaiting an opportunity for safe arrival to New Orleans. At this time, the ship is anticipated to arrive in New Orleans on Monday, September 5 at approximately 5 pm (the ship cannot berth earlier as space at the pier is not available). Please note this arrival time is dependent on the speed and path of the storm.

All guests for the September 4 Norwegian Spirit cruise are asked to delay their arrival at the pier to Monday, September 5 in the late afternoon/early evening. We will have more information available Sunday at 2 pm with more specific details regarding the anticipated time for embarkation.

Edited by patrioticgirl

Hey Singles/Solo's,

7 Night NCL Gem Round Trip NYC to Bermuda on September 11-18th 2011 has GTY inside cabins for $399.00 w/no suppliment:eek:. When you include the taxes it comes out to $592.00. I wish I could jump on it but I can't. Jump on it while it lasts. Hope this works for someone.:)

Edited by Karaokelady

Hey Singles/Solo's,

7 Night NCL Gem Round Trip NYC to Bermuda on September 11-18th 2011 has GTY inside cabins for $399.00 w/no suppliment:eek:. When you include the taxes it comes out to $592.00. I wish I could jump on it but I can't. Jump on it while it lasts. Hope this works for someone.:)

Wish I had more vacation to spend, I might have jumped on this! :D

I managed to get in on the Epic deal. I had them move me since I couldn't deal with the studio shower. they put me in a regular inside at no additional cost. But I would never sail on that ship again. I thought it was awful.

Why was the Epic awful?

5 night Celebrity Millennium Western Caribbean cruise sailing 10/8/11. Inside single gty comes to a total of $400. including taxes and fees. That comes to $80./night. Not bad! I knew the Millennium would be offered on a lot of happy hours just as the Century which sailed the same itinerary last year did. And this ship has to fill up with a lot more passengers!

Edited by cruise pup

Hi: 5 N Carnival Ecstasy - Port Canaveral - Nov 7, 2011

Senior Rate Total $480 with fees & taxes

Location will be selected for you.

or Past Guest Interior Midships Deck 2 $520

Deirdre

(We're on Nov 5 Dream cruise already; otherwise I'm 3 hrs to Port Canaveral straight across from Tampa)

Hmm trying to get the hang of this -- for SOLO-------

5N Carnival Paradise from Tampa Dec 1, 2012 Sat - Thu

Fun Select $658

Select Upper/Lower - $140 = $518 + 52 = $570 total

Riviera Deck 2 Rm 62

Early Saver $498

Select Upper/Lower - $40 = $458 + 52 = $510 total

Riviera Deck 2 Rm 62

Edited by Aislinncursala

That NCL Spirit deal was a good one, but you'll have fewer days onboard... the cruise has now been shortened due to the weather. Hopefully you can sightsee in New Orleans, despite the weather. Have fun!

See below... taken from the NCL website.

Norwegian Spirit will remain at sea on Sunday, September 4, awaiting an opportunity for safe arrival to New Orleans. At this time, the ship is anticipated to arrive in New Orleans on Monday, September 5 at approximately 5 pm (the ship cannot berth earlier as space at the pier is not available). Please note this arrival time is dependent on the speed and path of the storm.

All guests for the September 4 Norwegian Spirit cruise are asked to delay their arrival at the pier to Monday, September 5 in the late afternoon/early evening. We will have more information available Sunday at 2 pm with more specific details regarding the anticipated time for embarkation.

Actually the Spirit docked at about 1am Tue morning...Had a 9 night 9 full days cruise for the price of a 7night cruise (as a single, inside cabin with everything...insurance also...$490.78). FANTASTIC ship....would sail on it again...will post more later