Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just a heads up not to go by the single supplement percentage listed on the happy hour specials chart from RCCL. The cruise I booked indicated 175% single supplement. But on the appointed day to book the cruise the single supplement turned out to be only 137%, which was a substantial savings. So if you're interested in a cruise on the happy hour list wait for the booking date and see what the supplement turns out to be. (Happily) This was not the first time this has happened.

Edited by cruise pup

Prices on this cruise just dropped today. Lots of higher category inside cabins available at 170%. Not the best deal I have ever seen, but a nice last minute deal from NJ to the Caribbean.

some of us receive email notifications when there are new posts to this thread.

in the emails, we only receive the information in the body of the message.

what is written in the title is not included.

if you all could include the name and date of the ship in the body of the message instead of the title. we wont have to come back into the forum to see which ship you are talking about.

not picking on the OP but it happens every so often and just thought i would offer the suggestion.

thanks!

Just a heads up not to go by the single supplement percentage listed on the happy hour specials chart from RCCL. The cruise I booked indicated 175% single supplement. But on the appointed day to book the cruise the single supplement turned out to be only 137%, which was a substantial savings. So if you're interested in a cruise on the happy hour list wait for the booking date and see what the supplement turns out to be. (Happily) This was not the first time this has happened.

Good to know!

thanks

Exactly what is the happy hour list??

And where/how do I find it???

Hi, it is a special that Celebrity and Royal Carribean offer on Tuesdays.

I will post a link for the Celebrity site but I don't have Royal's link.

They offer a few cruises each week (usually) that are on special and

some have lower single supplements. You must book on that Tuesday

in order to get the special price and sometimes there are not alot of

choices. The link I am posting shows the cruises from August 16th.

You will see what was offered. There were 5 choices and all were

European sailings. So if you can go last minute it might be something

to look at~the cruises offered are usually within 4-6 weeks away.

If you want to find out this coming Tuesday offers? Click on the link

Tuesday morning too.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Edited by Lois R

They offer a few cruises each week (usually) that are on special and

some have lower single supplements. You must book on that Tuesday

in order to get the special price and sometimes there are not alot of

choices. The link I am posting shows the cruises from August 16th.

You will see what was offered. There were 5 choices and all were

European sailings. So if you can go last minute it might be something

to look at~the cruises offered are usually within 4-6 weeks away.

If you want to find out this coming Tuesday offers? Click on the link

Tuesday morning too.

For Royal Caribbean. If you are a Crown & Anchor Society member (past passenger) you can book a day ahead, that is on Monday. The listing mentions this:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

The RCCL link is:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

It lists a 9/20/2011 "13 NIGHT MEDITERRANEAN HOLY LAND CRUISE" on "MARINER OF THE SEAS" for $599 inside (double occ) with a 150% supplement.

Also lists a 9/16/2011 "10 NIGHT HOLY LAND CRUISE" on "VISION

OF THE SEAS" for $399 inside (double occ) with a 175% supplement.

Not bad!

Just found one (thanks to a CC member posting it) on Norwegian Spirit leaving New Orleans on Sun. NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT...have booked and now trying to get stuff together

the Spirit leaving on the 4th also has no supplement.

I hope that this is a trend for NCL. In the past, low or no single supplements with Norwegian have been few and far between. :)

Edited by jjb415

I hope that this is a trend for NCL. In the past, low or no single supplements with Norwegian have been few and far between. :)

When Spirit debuted there was a sailing that wasn't part of the NCL Sky's (this ship Spirit replaced) schedule so it wasn't well advertised. There was no single supplement on this sailing. I was able to book a balcony for about $900. which was incredible for Alaska. It was wonderful! It's a very special ship. I were a couple I'd book 2 singles to have the extra bathroom and storage space since it would be the same price as 1 double.

Also lists a 9/16/2011 "10 NIGHT HOLY LAND CRUISE" on "VISION

OF THE SEAS" for $399 inside (double occ) with a 175% supplement.

Not bad!

I'm in for this one !! :)

When Spirit debuted there was a sailing that wasn't part of the NCL Sky's (this ship Spirit replaced) schedule so it wasn't well advertised. There was no single supplement on this sailing. I was able to book a balcony for about $900. which was incredible for Alaska. It was wonderful! It's a very special ship. I were a couple I'd book 2 singles to have the extra bathroom and storage space since it would be the same price as 1 double.

Cool, good idea & great deal ! Thanks to this thread I was able to get in on a Gem TA, and Sun Alaska sailing, but, missed the Epic Studio deals that were posted about a year ago !! :)

I'm in for this one !! :)

Cool, good idea & great deal ! Thanks to this thread I was able to get in on a Gem TA, and Sun Alaska sailing, but, missed the Epic Studio deals that were posted about a year ago !! :)

I managed to get in on the Epic deal. I had them move me since I couldn't deal with the studio shower. they put me in a regular inside at no additional cost. But I would never sail on that ship again. I thought it was awful.

I managed to get in on the Epic deal. I had them move me since I couldn't deal with the studio shower. they put me in a regular inside at no additional cost. But I would never sail on that ship again. I thought it was awful.

What was wrong with the studio shower?

I'm sailing on Epic for the first time next March, in a balcony-- but might want to consider studios in the future.

Why did you hate the ship?

Edited by Wendell Pendell

What was wrong with the studio shower?

I'm sailing on Epic for the first time next March, in a balcony-- but might want to consider studios in the future.

Why did you hate the ship?

The shower was too tight. And let's put it this way. The only things I liked about the ship were O'Sheehan's and Moderno.

LOL...I got in on that deal also. I could handle the shower; fortunately I had enough room to turn in a circle to rinse off :o But, I had to sit in the "water closet" at a diagonal with the door open to have enough leg room!! :eek: I'd do it again, but the deal would have to be just as sweet!!

I just booked a 7 night from New Orleans on Norwegian Spirit for $219.00 single occupancy! Total with tax/portcharges: $473.78 inside. This shows up as $379+ tax/fees on websites, but the above is the total breakdown for that price. Ocean view appx $70 more. Where are the party people? Book today and let's rock this ship!

Carnival Dream, 9/24/2011, 7 Day Eastern Carib: Total Price: $1,009.20

Carnival Dream, 10/01/2011, 7 Day Western Carib: Total Price: $1,008.79

Too rich for my blood. Not when I booked an ocean view on the 11 night Vision of the Seas to the Holy Land cruise for $865. inclusive of taxes and port charges. It shows up on their Monday-Tuesday specials.