Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Could you please tell me what the Happy Hour is?

On some Tuesdays (but not all) Royal Caribbean has what they call a "Happy Hour Sale". It runs from 9:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST. You never know what if anything will be on sale. Just check on Tuesdays and see what cruises are on sale.

From a recent Forbes article:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/01/27/cheap-luxury-cruises-lifestyle-travel_0127_cheap_cruises.html

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
per Copyright Infringments section in the Guidelines, show link only. No copy/paste of text. Text removed and replaced with link.

Hi, all...

I just got news in my e-mail that there are two TA sailing on Royal Caribbean in April 2009, one for 13 nights, one for 14 nights, for only $399pp for inside cabin!! It a double-occ rate, but heck, even if it's doubled for single occupancy, that's still a bargain!

One cruise is FLL to London, the other is FLL to Barcelona.

If I wasn't already going away for nearly 3 weeks on a dream trip this Sept., I'd be on one of those TA's in a heartbeat! I hope they do it again in 2010!!

Carnival's Triumph out of NY/Canada (roundtrip) 7 nights leaving Saturday, Sept 12 and Saturday, Sept 19. Early saver cost is $699.40 (includes upgrade to porthole cabin).

I am really hoping I can do one of these cruises.

Faith

Faith,

Was this special from the Carnival website? It sounds great, but I am not getting the price you got. Please tell me your secret.:confused:

Kerry

Kerry,

I called the Carnival 800 # (800-819-3902) and spoke to a cruise consultant. She told me that the regular fare for these cruises is $879.40 but the early saver fare is $699.40. This has some conditions--I had to make a non-refundable deposit ($250) but, if I can't go for some reason, the deposit would be transferred to another Carnival cruise for a $50 charge. I know I am taking a chance but, so far, I have not cancelled any of my cruises.

I am now booked on the 9-12 NY-Canada cruise (7 nights). To me, this is a great deal for under $700.

Faith

Faith,

Was this special from the Carnival website? It sounds great, but I am not getting the price you got. Please tell me your secret.:confused:

Kerry

Kerry,

I just went to Carnival's website and this is still available for sept. 12. Since Carnival's been having a bug in their scripts, the only way to view 1A's that I know of is to do the following:

1) select the cruise so that you bring up the normal prices

2) select 1 for [Number of guests traveling:] - Very important to view a price for 1 person

3) select one of the prices

4) press [edit] button under Category

This will bring up the list of Categories, at the very buttom of the page is the 1A price

Mark

Anyone wanting to do Celebrity Millenium Repo from Aukland, NZ to Hawaii in April. Can get a sale price with only 125% single supp. on their Tuesday sale next week.

I got the same for their Aukland to Sydney in March a couple of weeks ago.

Just google "One Day Cruise Sale" . The prices for the upcoming Tues go up on Fridays with all of the info and the single supp. I also got a Summit Caribbean at 150% (all rather last minute of course). Some week's deals are better than others.

Godspeed,

Lisa

Kerry,

I just went to Carnival's website and this is still available for sept. 12. Since Carnival's been having a bug in their scripts, the only way to view 1A's that I know of is to do the following:

1) select the cruise so that you bring up the normal prices

2) select 1 for [Number of guests traveling:] - Very important to view a price for 1 person

3) select one of the prices

4) press [edit] button under Category

This will bring up the list of Categories, at the very buttom of the page is the 1A price

Mark

Mark,

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been so FRUSTRATED not being able to shop for prices. I called CCL yesterday and spoke to someone about the issue. He said that there was an "upgrade" or better yet a downgrade:rolleyes: and that they have no ETA of when it'll be fixed. He never suggested the work around. Gotta love CCL.com Tech Support...or NOT.

I guess I never thought about checking out the edit button:eek:

Thanks again.

Mark,

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been so FRUSTRATED not being able to shop for prices. I called CCL yesterday and spoke to someone about the issue. He said that there was an "upgrade" or better yet a downgrade:rolleyes: and that they have no ETA of when it'll be fixed. He never suggested the work around. Gotta love CCL.com Tech Support...or NOT.

I guess I never thought about checking out the edit button:eek:

Thanks again.

You're welcome. I know the frustration that you were going through because I was there. lol I also sent a email to them but haven't heard anything back. Thanks for the info that they're going to fix it...at some point. I did notice that they had a new discount for last minute cruises, don't select that price because it will only show the guarentee categories (IS etc...) not the 1A.

-Mark

Has anyone seen any good single supp rates May or later to Carribean? I have been watching the Tuesday wave promos for RCl .And watching CCL, NCL, HAL ... I am wishing for better rates.Is there a certain day of the month that the other cruiselines post discounts? If the economy worsens, maybe the cruise lines will be better to singles.

Has anyone seen any good single supp rates May or later to Carribean? I have been watching the Tuesday wave promos for RCl .And watching CCL, NCL, HAL ... I am wishing for better rates.Is there a certain day of the month that the other cruiselines post discounts? If the economy worsens, maybe the cruise lines will be better to singles.

If it worsens?:eek:

Anyway, the least expensive times for Caribbean sailings are in

the middle of hurricane season. The prices go down (usually)

in August and September.

New poster here and I apologize if this a repeat--I read through the thread and did a search but didn't see anything about this, but it's possible I missed it.

I'm in the process of researching a solo cruise to Alaska this summer and was just testing some pricing on the Princess website and came up with a single rate of $655 before taxes on the Star May 17 sailing (inside cabin). The d.o. rate is $409 so obviously this is less than 200%. Some other sailings around that date also appear to have lower than 200% single supplements but May 17 seems to have the best rates right now.

I've been playing around with the HAL site as well but haven't found anything quite that good, although the May 9 sailing on the Amsterdam does appear to have an inside cabin price for a single rate that is less than 200%.

It sure would be nice if you could sign up for emails showing sailings that have a lower single supplement but other than the RCI Tuesday one, that doesn't seem to be something the cruiselines offer--or did I miss something in reading this thread? Thanks.

Jack - you got a balcony for $620 on the Gem:). I got ocv for under $500. But that's probably as good as it gets!

Hey! Where's Dallas on this topic?

I have a $250 deposit on NCL.......... it's just sitting there :rolleyes: waiting for me to use it!

Just catching up on things. That transatlantic looks like a great deal and I'm going to think about it. Right now $1100 for a balcony...not bad at all! Hope everyone here is doing well.

Just catching up on things. That transatlantic looks like a great deal and I'm going to think about it. Right now $1100 for a balcony...not bad at all! Hope everyone here is doing well.

Hey GF, let me know what you decide! I've got the itch to book this big-time. But finding a flight home without spending a night in England is causing me some problems and I can only miss so many days from work.

It'd be great to cruise w/you and Jack again!

Nancy

You're welcome. I know the frustration that you were going through because I was there. lol I also sent a email to them but haven't heard anything back. Thanks for the info that they're going to fix it...at some point. I did notice that they had a new discount for last minute cruises, don't select that price because it will only show the guarentee categories (IS etc...) not the 1A.

-Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the tip with Carnival 1A out of New York. I will be on Caribbean Princess 5/24/09 and RCL Explorer 9/17/09. If I did not have these 2 booked, I would seriously consider Carnival out of New York 9/12/09. The price for this single supplement is terrific!! I just checked it.

Perhaps I will try Carnival next year or November 2009....

Happy Cruising,

NewJersey222;):):rolleyes:

Marie

Just an FYI for all you solo travelers, RCCL is currently offering an inside guarantee for a solo traveler on the May 30th sailing - and it is only 150% single supplement instead of the normal 200%.

Normally you don't see guarantees offered online for singles (you usually have to call) and it is not common for RCCL to offer reduced single supplement rates so both together is pretty shocking.

I noticed today that the 10-day sailing on the Millennium on September 18 is below 200% for solos...Base price for insides is $849 double occupancy and solo is $1399 which works out to be 165%. Still not the world's greatest price considering it's the end of the Alaska season, but thought I'd share because it's a stellar itinerary IMO (round-trip from Vancouver to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, Icy Strait Point, Victoria, and views Hubbard Glacier).

There were also a number of 7-day Alaska cruises on RCCL/Celebrity/HAL for less than 200% in late August/early September. Can you tell where I want to go this fall?? ;)