Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Here is a link to the Tuesday specials from Royal Caribbean:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

There are several listings each week for single fares at less than 200%. I've sailed solo on RCI several times in the past 2 years at less than 200% of the single fare. Ability to be flexible with sailing dates is a plus.

:) Happy sailing to all.

Thanks Mark...I'll keep that in mind. I just called two interline agencies inquiring about a RCCL cruise sailing next week. They both had the same rate information...200% single supplement.

Tipsy

Hey Tipsy,

I may be able to offer some advice to you on interline single rates. You can contact me at the same screen name at aol if you would like.

In this economy I expected serious discounts everywhere....but the cruise

lines are trying to hold the line.

The carnical 1a are so consistently fairly priced and your air is then round

trip (convienent).....you can't go wrong IF you like carnival.

I expect some serious discounts into the next 'off' season so be patient.

In this economy I expected serious discounts everywhere....but the cruise

lines are trying to hold the line.

The carnical 1a are so consistently fairly priced and your air is then round

trip (convienent).....you can't go wrong IF you like carnival.

I expect some serious discounts into the next 'off' season so be patient.

I'm surprised that Carnival is not offering better rates than they have in the past. I expected better deals than what i am seeing. Is it me or are they holding rates pretty high even in these tough times? Greg

I'm surprised that Carnival is not offering better rates than they have in the past. I expected better deals than what i am seeing. Is it me or are they holding rates pretty high even in these tough times? Greg

I just booked my first solo 1A on Conquest. 7 day for $644. It was the best that I could find out of Galveston. RCCL was much higher.

This is one of the porthole cabins up front ..cabin 2212. Anyone have experience with these type rooms. Good vs Bad.

I will appreciate info about the rate and cabin.

A 1A is Carnival's lowest cabin category. Depending on the ship, it could an inside cabin or a porthole. Beds may be bunk beds or 2 twins that can be made into a queen.

Carnival oftens offers these cabins to singles at a discount.

Roz

What the heck is a 1A on Carnival? Jini

A "1A" is a category of stateroom. These are rooms with two beds - one regular lower bed and one upper bunk. The upper bed can be folded up against the wall so you can sit on the lower bed comfortably if the upper bed is not in use. Most of the 1As are inside staterooms, but some have either a porthole or full window.

Anyone can book a 1A room. The reason that they are popular with solo cruisers is that Carnival's standard pricing for solos in a 1A is 150%, versus a standard 200% for other category staterooms. Of course, there may be deals on certain sailings where it is even cheaper. Just make sure you book early enough that there are still 1A rooms available in order to lock in that rate!

What the heck is a 1A on Carnival? Jini

It is a cabin category....mostly inside but some are outside cabins with portholes. I have read on this forum that solo cruisers book them because they are cheap and sometimes have small single supplemnts. It did prove to be cheaper than anything else I could find in 09. I just transfered it to my TA and saved a few more dollars. Inside cabins don't bother me and I figure that cheaper cabins equal more cruises.

I did a 1A on the Victory 2 years ago from NY to New England and Canada. I was in cabin 2202, the first cabin at the front of the ship [but with no window]. Because of the ship's front curvature, my cabin had a unique shape and was larger than most rooms. As I entered, immediately in front and to the left was a leather sofa and small cocktail table, plus an armchair. Against the wall (side of the ship) was a vanity unit with TV overhead. To the right, almost like a separate room was the bed. And at the foot of the bed (hallway side of the ship) was the bathroom. There was so much closet space! I really liked the location. Many would advise against a forward cabin, especially in rough waters, but I lucked out with smooth waters.

Last Oct. I did a 1A guarantee on the Freedom located on deck seven, about one-third of the way back from the front. The room seemed rather congested, even with both single beds pushed together to make one large bed. There was barely room to walk on either side. And at the end of the bed was the vanity unit and tight walking space. It had no window and was an inside cabin.

I just booked my first solo 1A on Conquest. 7 day for $644. It was the best that I could find out of Galveston. RCCL was much higher.

This is one of the porthole cabins up front ..cabin 2212. Anyone have experience with these type rooms. Good vs Bad.

I will appreciate info about the rate and cabin.

That is a great rate. What is the date of that sailiing? I found a Solo deal on RCCL today for the Grandeur 5 day western out of Tampa for March 30th for $700 and $706 for Mar 21st. I have never sailed RCCL so i don't know if i would book it or not but still can't believe the price is better than i can get on Carnival out of Tampa.

I had cabin 2220 on the Glory so the same ship as you are on. Two porthole very big room but a little more motion than near the back. I was upgraded from a 1A so no complaints. It will be a good room so i wouldnt worry. Greg

That is a great rate. What is the date of that sailiing? I found a Solo deal on RCCL today for the Grandeur 5 day western out of Tampa for March 30th for $700 and $706 for Mar 21st. I have never sailed RCCL so i don't know if i would book it or not but still can't believe the price is better than i can get on Carnival out of Tampa.

I had cabin 2220 on the Glory so the same ship as you are on. Two porthole very big room but a little more motion than near the back. I was upgraded from a 1A so no complaints. It will be a good room so i wouldnt worry. Greg

It sails on September 13,2009. It was an Early Saver rate which has a non refundable deposit. I was not crazy about that but it was the only way I could get that rate.

I also have never cruised RCCL but have some friends who cruise them exclusively. I am cruising with them in April on the Voyager but not solo. Their single supplements are steeper than I am willing to pay.

Thanks for the info on the room. Hope you find what you are looking for. The concensus on the boards here seems to be that Carnival and HAL have the best single supplement rates.

Go to Hotwire (or similar large website) and search carnival from sept 2009 to

feb 2010

lowest double occ fare is 359 which converts to low $500's single room.......the 7 day

cruise in the 1a's range from approx $500 to $700

In that 5 month window (sept 2009 to feb 2010) all the 1a's are 500-700

I notice that the new Carnival Dreams 1A's are getting scooped up

Edited by bobcalhoun10

Here is a link to the Tuesday specials from Royal Caribbean:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

There are several listings each week for single fares at less than 200%. I've sailed solo on RCI several times in the past 2 years at less than 200% of the single fare. Ability to be flexible with sailing dates is a plus.

:) Happy sailing to all.

Thanks, saved me $78 every little bit helps!

Royal Caribbean is offering a very nice single fare on the Radiance of the Seas, Southbound, Seward to Vancouver, departing Seward on May 29, 2009. The fare on the Royal Caribbean site when entering residency of California for an Inside Category N is as follows:

Price Breakdown:

Cruise Fare $577.75 USD

Taxes/Fees$118.86 USD

Package Total$696.61USD

Happy Sailing !! :)

Hello everyone....i just got a great price for the destiny july 9 for 4 nights ..i got one on the 1a's with portholes for a grand total of $282 bucks....for summer and a solo i thought that price was to go to pass up..so i jumped on it.

Hello everyone....i just got a great price for the destiny july 9 for 4 nights ..i got one on the 1a's with portholes for a grand total of $282 bucks....for summer and a solo i thought that price was to go to pass up..so i jumped on it.

That is a great price for solo. I would jump on it in a heartbeat. I might even have to check that one out. Greg

well just an update...i was happy with the portholes but a few minutes after i posted that my pvp...called me back and said the the 2 1a's with 2 windows at the back of the main deck opened up so i grabbed one of those. i had one of those 1a's on the glory it was awesome. hope u book greg....my roll call is died....just me ...owell enjoy all

NCL Jewel 11 nt transatlantic (Miami-Dover) has balcony singles going for $884. I think the double rate is $649. There are no standard insides or outsides available but this is pretty cheap. Only thing is that it makes just 2 stops (Ponta Delgada and Vigo) but if I could take the time off I'd grab this.

Yep, GREAT price...especially for summer! I booked the Destiny 4 & 5 day B2B for September and got one of the 1A's with the windows, but it wasn't a great price. The 4 day was the same cost as the 5 day, so if the 4 day doesn't have a price decrease, then I'll need to drop it.

NCL Jewel 11 nt transatlantic (Miami-Dover) has balcony singles going for $884. I think the double rate is $649. There are no standard insides or outsides available but this is pretty cheap. Only thing is that it makes just 2 stops (Ponta Delgada and Vigo) but if I could take the time off I'd grab this.

Approx $950 for solo BA........ I know - I'm going :D. There are even OCB's!

Our CC group has a number of group activities planned, which makes it more pleasant (for me) as a solo cruiser. Over 50 people for the M&G. Grab-bag, cabin crawl, Murder Mystery (organized by fellow cruiser, not NCL), etc.

Come join us!