Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hobby is about 45 miles from the cruise terminal.

Since I live so close I personally cannot help you about the Carnival transfers. I just drive to the island and park at a friend's house. They then take me to and from the terminal.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Got a 1a room for $968.00 for 7 day cruise, includes insurance, good deal or can I get a better deal?? They said it was the only 1a left(room 8375) anyone been in this room? I have a feeling that it will be noisy(by the elevators and under the pool area. Late notice, just booked today and have until tommorow to cancel. Let me know soon , if you have any information on any of this. Thanks, kmbb

Also, should I try to get my own air fare, have never done that before. Air out of St. Louis, Mo to Galveston.

Had you considered a 1A gty? Can't make promises, mind you, but some of us have been upgraded to regular outsides.

• 2 weeks later...

In case any of you are interested in a good price for a Balcony, I just upgraded to a Balcony on the 7-day Carnival Truimph 4/12 sailing out of Miami to San Jaun, St. Thomas & St.Martin. The total cost with the single supplement was $1,154 (1098.00 cruise + 56.57 tax/fees). Obviously it doesn't compare in price to a 1A cabin but it seems to be the best price that I've noticed for a balcony. Not that I look that often. lol

-Mark

In case any of you are interested in a good price for a Balcony, I just upgraded to a Balcony on the 7-day Carnival Truimph 4/12 sailing out of Miami to San Jaun, St. Thomas & St.Martin. The total cost with the single supplement was $1,154 (1098.00 cruise + 56.57 tax/fees). Obviously it doesn't compare in price to a 1A cabin but it seems to be the best price that I've noticed for a balcony. Not that I look that often. lol-Mark

Congrats Mark! Were you upgraded from OCV? Was it a guarantee? I've noticed GTY's get many more upgrades than those that select a specific cabin.

Have a wonderful cruise! I'm leaving out of MIA on the 4/17 :) (on 11-day TA for slightly less solo balcony on NCL (no upgrade) ---- but :rolleyes: don't ask about flight home and tranfers around Europe :p - they truly add to the cruise price; in addition to time off work..... but YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!)

Just realized you chose to upgrade. Mind sharing cost for upgrading and from what cabin type?

Edited by NancyChgo
Didn't realized wasn't free upgrade.

Congrats Mark! Were you upgraded from OCV? Was it a guarantee? I've noticed GTY's get many more upgrades than those that select a specific cabin.

Have a wonderful cruise! I'm leaving out of MIA on the 4/17 :) (on 11-day TA for slightly less solo balcony on NCL (no upgrade) ---- but :rolleyes: don't ask about flight home and tranfers around Europe :p - they truly add to the cruise price; in addition to time off work..... but YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!)

Just realized you chose to upgrade. Mind sharing cost for upgrading and from what cabin type?

Nancy,

I upgraded from a 1A cabin that had two port holes. It's the only cabin type on Carnival that doesn't have the 200% single supplement, it's only about 150%. So it's not considered an oceanview however it is, it's actually considered an inside cabin. I know it sounds weird but what can you say. Anyway the 7 day cruise for the 1A which was on the Main deck was costing 805.07 (748.50 cruise + 56.57 taxes/fees) and the balcony (8F) that I upgraded to is on the Spa deck cost $1,154.57 (1,098.00 cruise + 56.57 taxes/fees). So it cost about $350 more for the upgrade. These prices were my total costs of the cruise as a solo/single cruiser.

Thanks. I hope that you enjoy your trans-atlantic cruise and have a great time! I went on one last year and it was beautiful. I know what you mean about the travel costs, they can be killers. Where's your final destination? Italy?

-Mark

Nancy,

I upgraded from a 1A cabin that had two port holes. It's the only cabin type on Carnival that doesn't have the 200% single supplement, it's only about 150%. So it's not considered an oceanview however it is, it's actually considered an inside cabin. I know it sounds weird but what can you say. Anyway the 7 day cruise for the 1A which was on the Main deck was costing 805.07 (748.50 cruise + 56.57 taxes/fees) and the balcony (8F) that I upgraded to is on the Spa deck cost $1,154.57 (1,098.00 cruise + 56.57 taxes/fees). So it cost about $350 more for the upgrade. These prices were my total costs of the cruise as a solo/single cruiser.

Thanks. I hope that you enjoy your trans-atlantic cruise and have a great time! I went on one last year and it was beautiful. I know what you mean about the travel costs, they can be killers. Where's your final destination? Italy?

-Mark

I love TA's and repos! Great deal on raising the ranks from a 1A to balcony!

We end up in Dover, England; which I didn't realize was SO FAR from London (an expensive thing I overlooked, as it costs around $200US (for single) to transport to London :eek:). Luckily I found CC mates to share transit with sightseeing for approx $90 pp :)

We end up in Dover, England; which I didn't realize was SO FAR from London (an expensive thing I overlooked, as it costs around $200US (for single) to transport to London :eek:). Luckily I found CC mates to share transit with sightseeing for approx $90 pp :)

Don't you wish the UK used the Euro, like the rest of the stops on your cruise (and my GEM cruise). :D

Don't they know how difficult it is for us from the USA to handle multiple currencies. ;)

Rich

Wow, that's a lot just to get a transport from the port to London. Thank god for other CC people to allow you to join in with them. Just think you're basically having two vacations for the price of one. You get a long cruise, I loved the days at sea, and than you get to see London. How long will you be staying over there for?

-Mark

I got a higher price, how did you get it show the deal you saw?

From the carnival main page I select Funships than Triumph

- selected <Itinerary> menu option

- selected <April 12> sailing

- selected <1> for the number of guest traveling

- selected <Fun Saver Rate> under interior

- selected <Edit> under Category

- and went to the bottom of the page

Actually the price is now showing the 1A cabin as $598.50 + taxes/fees. I don't know if it makes a difference but the code that's defaulting is past guest (B) which I can't change the default. I'm sure there's a way but I haven't done it yet. When I try removing it, it gives an error about a code is required. lol

Ok Thanks.(sorry for the BAD English! Doing too many things at once) I just looked at the air..from BOS..and it is high! Must be school vacation or something...have FUN!!

From the carnival main page I select Funships than Triumph

- selected <Itinerary> menu option

- selected <April 12> sailing

- selected <1> for the number of guest traveling

- selected <Fun Saver Rate> under interior

- selected <Edit> under Category

- and went to the bottom of the page

Actually the price is now showing the 1A cabin as $598.50 + taxes/fees. I don't know if it makes a difference but the code that's defaulting is past guest (B) which I can't change the default. I'm sure there's a way but I haven't done it yet. When I try removing it, it gives an error about a code is required. lol

Ok Thanks.(sorry for the BAD English! Doing too many things at once) I just looked at the air..from BOS..and it is high! Must be school vacation or something...have FUN!!

You're welcome. You're right that it's still spring brake for colleges and schools. I can understand about the airfare. A lot of times that's a major factor.

Thanks, I'm sure that I'll have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
omg! I can't believe that I have not found this site, or that if I did there was nothing on it!

I have read much of it. That single suppliment is a bummer usually.

I am booked on the Spirit, 10/23/09-11/07/09 and spending 3 days in New Orleans. Finally found someone willing to go. Boy, now that I have found this site, maybe it will be easier to cruise.

I can't remember seeing any no single supplements on the cruiseline sites, but maybe I don't know where to look.

Do they ever have specials for cruise tours, like to Alaska??

Seeing as I live near Chicago, there is always airfare to deal with.

Do these consolidators deal in just airfare, or other things. Never looked into that as well. Also, how do you do it?? Thanks.

I am really, really excited about this site.

I will check it often........... Anyone ever meet up? Anyone live near Chicago?

Well, I will check back later.

Everyone have a great day and great week. Happy Cruising!!!!!!!!!!

Marianne

p.s. I'm the one in the bow tie T shirt. That was my formal wear on the Baltic cruise on NCL Jewel. (No luggage, entire trip)..

Hello - also from Chicago (well, Barrington) and cruise FREQUENTLY. Just got back from Asia (solo) and will be cruising again from 07/18 to 08/12 Canada/New English/Greenland/Iceland/Scotland/England and back to Chicago through Amsterdam. Got a good deal as far as good deals go for month long cruises! (I'm in education)

Hello - also from Chicago (well, Barrington) and cruise FREQUENTLY. Just got back from Asia (solo) and will be cruising again from 07/18 to 08/12 Canada/New English/Greenland/Iceland/Scotland/England and back to Chicago through Amsterdam. Got a good deal as far as good deals go for month long cruises! (I'm in education)

Welcome! Another solo Chicago cruiser here! I still work, so vaca time is limited, as are funds - but there ARE deals out there for solos like us! This thread is amazing!

Nancy

P.S. I did a repo NYC to NOLO on Spirit in October -- I LOVED the Spirit; but then I prefer smaller cruiseships.

Edited by NancyChgo

I'm in Palatine. I love to cruise too. You're leaving on my birthday. lol.

Are you still working?

Education gets you discounts sometimes. I get a union discount on NCL. Elite on Princess (so I get perks) but have not gone solo yet. I think my SIL is doing that route in May, is that on Holland America? I guess it was supposed to me a Maj Jong (sp) something or other but was changed, but she and the woman she is traveling with are still going. Oh, I just noticed you said month long, thats not the one. They are going to end up in Amsterdam for a few days. I think cruise is 16 or 17 nights.

I've never been gone for a month. Not sure how that would work out. (a cruise with bad weather,,,,,ooooo). My next one is 16 nights and then 3 days in New Orleans. Now that I live in a condo, it would be easier.

You can email me m dot loughman at sbc global dot net

Marianne

Royal Caribbean has good California residence rates on the Nov. 21, 2009 sailing of Radiance of the Seas.

It's a 9 nt west coast Mexican Riviera cruise, over Thanksgiving. You get 5 ports, 9 days, but only 4 or 5 days off from work, due to the TG holiday.

May not be right for most solos, but thought I'd let you know.

I'm booked!

Welcome! Another solo Chicago cruiser here! I still work, so vaca time is limited, as are funds - but there ARE deals out there for solos like us! This thread is amazing!

Nancy

P.S. I did a repo NYC to NOLO on Spirit in October -- I LOVED the Spirit; but then I prefer smaller cruiseships.

Nancy...have loads of fun and relaxation on your TA next week. I'll be thinking about you. Let me know how it went, okay?

Hi all,

I just booked my first three solo cruises--great deals on Carnival Cat. 1A!!! 10/10 and 10/17 B2B on Liberty for $551.08-7day Western Carib. and $646.36-7 day Eastern Carib. (both including tax/fees), and then 1/18/10 on Elation for $311.55-5day Mexico (including taxes and fees). They're all NON-Refundable fares, but, unless something really crazy happens, my buns are on those ships!!!!!!! Fantastic deals~~ I've been raising kids for 17yrs, and after seeing both kids and hubby all go on separate school/fun related trips to Europe over the past year..I am finally grabbing for my own brass ring.....I would live on a cruise ship if I could! (I bet I'm not alone!!)

By the way, all of you who have gone on the TA (transatlantic) itineraries, and especially the person who is going on the 67 day cruise...you are my idols!

Thanks for all the info and support (i've been lurking for awhile!)

~Liz

It's a short cruise I know, but amazing deals (no supp). And a great way to see how the other half lives. The ship is coming off a long Hawaii cruise that embarked from San Diego, filled with mostly Americans that will be forced off due to that old law (I forget the name).

Deluxe suites have been cut in half, they are normally about 600 per night for singles (200% supp), I paid 337 because I booked directly with the line, cheaper on the usual big internet sites. All other stateroom categories are priced the same for singles $118 insides/outsides (normally 150% supp or about $200 per night on Alaska cruises).

I know 1 niters aren't worth the effort for the serious cruisers, but a nice little get away for locals (short cruises are rare in the Pacific Northwest) or out of towners passing through; I'm combining it with 2 days in Vancouver.

P.S. the day of this sailing is Thursday, May 7th

Edited by CaledonHockley

I am not sure why my previous post was removed.

There are some great single occupancy prices on early season Alaska cruises. The May 18 Island Princess (southbound from Whittier) is available for approximately $545, including taxes and fees. The northbound voyage is available for approximately $675 including taxes and fees. Other southbound voyages early in the season appear to be similarly priced.

There are a lot of cheap cruises to Alaska for May. I booked one last week on Norwegian Sun for May 17th.

I was going to go alone but then someone I used to work with said they would go also.

I paid $239.00 plus tax (Canadian) so would be a cheap cruise for a single person.

Single senior price right now for a 14 day TA from Barcelona to Galveston on Nov 29th starts at $359p/p right now which makes about $980 including taxes and stuff.. Can't beat that if I can get a decent airfare from Houston to Barcelona.

Edited by RnGram