Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Approx $950 for solo BA........ I know - I'm going :D. There are even OCB's!

Our CC group has a number of group activities planned, which makes it more pleasant (for me) as a solo cruiser. Over 50 people for the M&G. Grab-bag, cabin crawl, Murder Mystery (organized by fellow cruiser, not NCL), etc.

Come join us!

Whohoo Nancy! Glad you're getting to go cruising. Have a ball. Keep in touch! Leaving for Italy and Germany on 4/2 for 8 days with hubby. Don't want to go back, but have no choice.

Whohoo Nancy! Glad you're getting to go cruising. Have a ball. Keep in touch! Leaving for Italy and Germany on 4/2 for 8 days with hubby. Don't want to go back, but have no choice.

HI PAT! Great to hear from you. Yea, I bit the bullet - you know how I love sea days!

Glad your trip is right around the corner! :confused: You 'don't want to go back'? To Italy & Germany? I'm the opposite... 'don't want to come back!' :p

Nancy

HI PAT! Great to hear from you. Yea, I bit the bullet - you know how I love sea days!

Glad your trip is right around the corner! :confused: You 'don't want to go back'? To Italy & Germany? I'm the opposite... 'don't want to come back!' :p

Nancy

Yes, Italy and Germany. I went on my cruise with "Babie" with 3 days prior to the cruise in Rome (fantastic) and then 11-days to Med, which was good, but would never do it again on Costa. Spirit spoiled me. I love that ship and everything about it.

Yes, Italy and Germany. I went on my cruise with "Babie" with 3 days prior to the cruise in Rome (fantastic) and then 11-days to Med, which was good, but would never do it again on Costa. Spirit spoiled me. I love that ship and everything about it.

OMG! How'd I forget your cruise with Babie :eek:. My 2nd cruise was on Costa (carrib). I was just getting my feet wet; I couldn't put my finger on it, but I didnt much like Costa either. How'd the shared cabin work for you? (feel free to email me).

... I too LOVED the Spirit. I also really enjoyed NCL's Empress. apparently I like smaller, older ships!

Happy (early) St. PAT's day :p

Nancy

I'm another NCL Spirit fan. I sailed her during her innaugural season when it was first converted over from the Star Line. NCL pulled the Norwegian Sky out of Alaska to sail in Hawaii since one of the ships being readied for Hawaii was damaged in the shipyard. There was much time to market my sailing so they landed up dropping the single supplement altogether and I was able to get a balcony cabin. Besides this stroke of luck it turned out to be an amazing vessel. The decor is lovely and that pool has to be one of the largest ones on a cruise ship. The atrium is spectacular as well. But what really spoiled me is her crew. I even wrote NCL to congratulate them. I even spoke with a chef at the teppanyaki room who said he was transferring to the Dawn and was requesting NCL to transfer his staff as well since they were so terrific. I sailed her a second time on an even longer voyage and this too was wonderful. Now that she will be sailing out of New Orleans I'm hoping to book another cruise so I can combine it with a few nights in the Big Easy. That would be wonderful.

I'm another NCL Spirit fan. I sailed her during her innaugural season when it was first converted over from the Star Line. NCL pulled the Norwegian Sky out of Alaska to sail in Hawaii since one of the ships being readied for Hawaii was damaged in the shipyard. There was much time to market my sailing so they landed up dropping the single supplement altogether and I was able to get a balcony cabin. Besides this stroke of luck it turned out to be an amazing vessel. The decor is lovely and that pool has to be one of the largest ones on a cruise ship. The atrium is spectacular as well. But what really spoiled me is her crew. I even wrote NCL to congratulate them. I even spoke with a chef at the teppanyaki room who said he was transferring to the Dawn and was requesting NCL to transfer his staff as well since they were so terrific. I sailed her a second time on an even longer voyage and this too was wonderful. Now that she will be sailing out of New Orleans I'm hoping to book another cruise so I can combine it with a few nights in the Big Easy. That would be wonderful.

About the same story for me, the Spirit ROCKS!!!

I think this is a pretty good deal and would like the opinion of other solo cruisers: 18 day TA from Venice to Fort Lauderdale Oct 7 on Ruby Princess, inside cabin for one person around $1900.

Thinking about booking it, but just can't make my mind up!:rolleyes:

I think this is a pretty good deal and would like the opinion of other solo cruisers: 18 day TA from Venice to Fort Lauderdale Oct 7 on Ruby Princess, inside cabin for one person around $1900.

Thinking about booking it, but just can't make my mind up!:rolleyes:

I think anytime you get to, or close to, the $100 per night mark, it's pretty good. One down side to this is getting one way air to Italy.

Rich

I think anytime you get to, or close to, the $100 per night mark, it's pretty good. One down side to this is getting one way air to Italy.

Rich

Rich, I couldn't agree with you more. The airfare these days are still high eventhough they've come down some. That being said, if you wanted spend a few days in Italy before hand, it's like two vacations in one. You get to see Italy which is beautiful and than a great cruise. Obviously, the pre-cruise vacation is dependant on the available cash on hand and being able to be gone for that long.

I know that RCCL has had some great prices on some of their trans-atlantic cruises (I think they leave from somewhere down South America) however when you price the airfare, the cost of airfare was multiple times more than the cruise itself.

-Mark

Rich

It wasn't so bad when I had to fly one-way out of Rome. At the time Air France offered an excellent rate. It takes some work finding these bargains but they're out there. Using a search engine like Mobissimo.com helps.

$485 for 8 day on Enchantment of the Seas, RCCL, 4/19 - 4/27 8 whole days! Inside....Bargain for anyone wanting to get away.

That is a fantastic price:)

I am leaving on a 4 nighter April 16th....I booked it a while

ago and paid about the same price.

That for 8 nights is a steal.

Hi, all,

I just booked a 3-day repo (Thurs May 14-Sun May 17) from San Diego to Vancouver on HAL's Veendam. Total price (inside guarantee) was $314; only 2 days off work, and Southwest is having some excellent fares up and down the coast right now. Can hardly wait!

Hi Lois! How are you doing? Haven't been keeping track of your venturing. How is your father?

Hi:) I am doing fine thanks....and thank you for asking

about my Dad......he is so-so:eek::(:confused:

That is a fantastic price:)

I am leaving on a 4 nighter April 16th....I booked it a while

ago and paid about the same price.

That for 8 nights is a steal.

You have no idea how frustrating it is see the bargains for April. It's my busy month at work so a vacation is out of a question. The only hope I have is to hit Megamillions, but fast. Please know, though, that I am happy for you who have scooped up these bargains. Getting the NCL Jewel t/a for $880 for an 11 night single (with an upgrade no less) when it's now going for $2,400.00+ will have to suffice.

omg! I can't believe that I have not found this site, or that if I did there was nothing on it!

I have read much of it. That single suppliment is a bummer usually.

I am booked on the Spirit, 10/23/09-11/07/09 and spending 3 days in New Orleans. Finally found someone willing to go. Boy, now that I have found this site, maybe it will be easier to cruise.

I can't remember seeing any no single supplements on the cruiseline sites, but maybe I don't know where to look.

Do they ever have specials for cruise tours, like to Alaska??

Seeing as I live near Chicago, there is always airfare to deal with.

Do these consolidators deal in just airfare, or other things. Never looked into that as well. Also, how do you do it?? Thanks.

I am really, really excited about this site.

I will check it often........... Anyone ever meet up? Anyone live near Chicago?

Well, I will check back later.

Everyone have a great day and great week. Happy Cruising!!!!!!!!!!

Marianne

p.s. I'm the one in the bow tie T shirt. That was my formal wear on the Baltic cruise on NCL Jewel. (No luggage, entire trip)..

Edited by gardener718

Hi Marianne! I'm from Chicago (city) too and travel solo. While I love cruising, I'm poor and look only for deals. I love sea days so repos and TAs are perfect for me!

I do have some tactics to getting good deals. We'll keep in touch. (FYI - my own cabin in a necessity for me.)

You're traveling on my favorite ship - the Spirit - in the fall. Wonderful, older, smaller ship. If in the future we both want to go on cruise out of NOLO, we could drive and save airfare. there's also Amtrak, which I took home in October (to see if I'd like it -- I'd definitely do it again!).

Keep in touch!

Nancy

Got a 1a room for $968.00 for 7 day cruise, includes insurance, good deal or can I get a better deal?? They said it was the only 1a left(room 8375) anyone been in this room? I have a feeling that it will be noisy(by the elevators and under the pool area. Late notice, just booked today and have until tommorow to cancel. Let me know soon , if you have any information on any of this. Thanks, kmbb

Also, should I try to get my own air fare, have never done that before. Air out of St. Louis, Mo to Galveston.

... Also, should I try to get my own air fare, have never done that before. Air out of St. Louis, Mo to Galveston.

You cannot fly to Galveston. You have to fly to one of the two airports in Houston and then find transportation to Galveston.

For more information, click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414 for the Gulf Coast Departures Forum and here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128 for the Cruise Air Forum.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
additional information

Hi Nancy:

Where are you at in the city? I would be very interested in hearing the how, when, where and more about finding deals for solo travelers.

I have never done it (the price) always searching for a room mate.

I too like sea days (when the ship has things to do) I don't spend a lot of time just laying in the sun. (did that and now know how bad it is) I like trivia, games, oh and crafts, things just for fun. Yes, I sometimes go to vegetable carving and napkin folding. lol

I am elite on Princess, (next cruise will bring me the highest perks) think NCL as well as the other lines should count days as well as cruises. It is not fair to say a 1 or 2, or even 7 days should count as much as a 16 day, princess now uses both. 150 days or 15 cruises to be elite (highest). Gives you laundry, a bar set up, free internet (how much depends on length of cruise) and more,nice.

Anyway, I am trying to accept the fact that airfare is now cheaper than when I bought it. That day, after I put a hold on flights, the price went up $50. so I bought the tickets, and now, yes, and now it is $80 less.........

O well, can't do anything about that now. Price on cruise was a real deal though, so, I'm having to handle it.

So, let me hear from you. m dot loughman at sbc global dot net

Counting the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marianne

Edited by gardener718

Host Kat---thanks for the information, flying into Houston(Hobby) I think??? Then some how have to get to Galveston, do you know how far that is and if carnival will let you buy transfers if you do not buy there air? kmbb