Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi all,

I just booked my first three solo cruises--great deals on Carnival Cat. 1A!!! 10/10 and 10/17 B2B on Liberty for $551.08-7day Western Carib. and $646.36-7 day Eastern Carib. (both including tax/fees), and then 1/18/10 on Elation for $311.55-5day Mexico (including taxes and fees). They're all NON-Refundable fares, but, unless something really crazy happens, my buns are on those ships!!!!!!! Fantastic deals~~ I've been raising kids for 17yrs, and after seeing both kids and hubby all go on separate school/fun related trips to Europe over the past year..I am finally grabbing for my own brass ring.....I would live on a cruise ship if I could! (I bet I'm not alone!!)

By the way, all of you who have gone on the TA (transatlantic) itineraries, and especially the person who is going on the 67 day cruise...you are my idols!

Thanks for all the info and support (i've been lurking for awhile!)

~Liz

Hi Liz,

I got the same deal on Liberty for the 7 day Eastern just one week before you sail. I am on the 10/3/09 sailing - $646.36 for a 1A too. I was able to snag one of the 1As with portholes. I'm so excited! It's not a true solo cruise. I was able to get my best friend and her husband to come along for their one year anniversary...so I guess it's a semi-solo cruise!

It's not a deal specifically for solos but NCL has a 5-nighter (Los Angeles, Sea Day, San Francisco, Sea Day, Sea Day, Vancouver) for 149$pp + tx. For a solo, it comes at 617$, which isn't bad for a 5-night cruise.

I believe I got a great deal...I think. I got a 1A w/2 portholes on the Valor 8/30, 7 nites Western Carribean with taxes and prepaid tips $610...total. Did I do good???

Yes:)

I felt like I got a great deal too....until swine flue broke out. November 1, 2009 Carnival Valor. 1A room with two portholes $560.00 including taxes. Hopefull this epidemic will be over by then.... Two of our stops are in Mexico and I imagine if swineflu is not handled by then the surrounding countried like Belize will be no safer than Mexico itself

:( But November is a long way off and a cruise with no stops is better than no cruise at all....right?

It's not a deal specifically for solos but NCL has a 5-nighter (Los Angeles, Sea Day, San Francisco, Sea Day, Sea Day, Vancouver) for 149$pp + tx. For a solo, it comes at 617$, which isn't bad for a 5-night cruise.

I made a big typo here, the price for a solo is 417$ (about 84$ per day).

I felt like I got a great deal too....until swine flue broke out. November 1, 2009 Carnival Valor. 1A room with two portholes $560.00 including taxes. Hopefull this epidemic will be over by then.... Two of our stops are in Mexico and I imagine if swineflu is not handled by then the surrounding countried like Belize will be no safer than Mexico itself

:( But November is a long way off and a cruise with no stops is better than no cruise at all....right?

Hello Cherylroslyn,

I am seriously considering Carnival Miracle next April 21 out of Manhattan category 1A. A little apprehensive about Manhattan as I have read on CC that the pier can be difficult getting to and fro. Any input from you would be appreciated... Have also given some thought to cruise Nov. 21 Carnival, Cat. 1A, out of Manhattan. Still thinking about that one...

But I am leaving May 24 Caribbean Princess out of Brooklyn, NY. Am ready now!!!:D

What I find interesting is that cruises leaving the Northeast are more $$ for the same amount of nights. I guess the reason is that maybe docking in the NE is more and it takes more fuel to get to the Caribbean??

I wouldn't worry about Swine, in my opinion, the reporting is always exaggerated. Life is too short to worry. As I have gotten older, I find I do not worry as much, because there is nothing you can do about it!! Just take precautions and enjoy life!!!

I am with you in that "a cruise with no stops is better than no cruise at all....right?" ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It beats staying home, working, preparing meals, making beds, cleaning, etc. You get the picture, right????

Happy cruising to all,

Regards,

NewJersey222:):D

Marie

Hello Cherylroslyn,

I am seriously considering Carnival Miracle next April 21 out of Manhattan category 1A. A little apprehensive about Manhattan as I have read on CC that the pier can be difficult getting to and fro. Any input from you would be appreciated... Have also given some thought to cruise Nov. 21 Carnival, Cat. 1A, out of Manhattan. Still thinking about that one...

But I am leaving May 24 Caribbean Princess out of Brooklyn, NY. Am ready now!!!:D

What I find interesting is that cruises leaving the Northeast are more $$ for the same amount of nights. I guess the reason is that maybe docking in the NE is more and it takes more fuel to get to the Caribbean??

I wouldn't worry about Swine, in my opinion, the reporting is always exaggerated. Life is too short to worry. As I have gotten older, I find I do not worry as much, because there is nothing you can do about it!! Just take precautions and enjoy life!!!

I am with you in that "a cruise with no stops is better than no cruise at all....right?" ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It beats staying home, working, preparing meals, making beds, cleaning, etc. You get the picture, right????

Happy cruising to all,

Regards,

NewJersey222:):D

Marie

Hi Marie,

My understanding of why cruises in the northeast are more money is that there are significantly less of them... and as a result they fill up pretty well. I wish it were the reverse. I have been told the 1a on the miracle which sails from NYC are not porthole 1A cabins. My cabin on Valor is a 1A with two portholes...I usually go balcony when I'm with my daughter...but alone it makes no sense and would be too expensive. I need a little glimmer of light and water to get by:) You are coming up on your Princess cruise soon so I hope you have fun. Is that a solo cruise? BTW I had no time with NYC port when I sailed last on the Dawn. I took train to Penn station and my daughter and I walked out to 8th avenue and got a cab up to the port....we could have walked but it was hot and we wanted to get there. I take one bag on wheels and my daughter knows if she wants to bring it ...she is responsible for carrying it....thats life :)

RC has good sales going on now. I got a Superior Balcony for 7 nights for $833 which is the cruise, taxes, insurance & tips. I think that was pretty good. The cabin alone for two was $599 a person so I didn't have that large of a % to pay for going solo.

$833? which ship, what itinerary, date?

Oh I guess I should have posted that. It's RC Mariner of the Seas and it leaves this Sunday. I live right by the port and it was set to go to the Mexican Riviera but I knew with the flu going around it wouldn't go so I checked to see what it was planning on doing.

It's a whole new and different itinerary that they normally don't do. It goes to Oregon, Seattle and then to Victoria BC and back to LA.

I didn't have to purchase air since I live near the port and I just couldn't pass up this fun trip. So off I go.

I've never done a last minute cruise before and it's exciting. All the planning, dreaming and excitement and only having to wait a week is wonderful.

Oh I guess I should have posted that. It's RC Mariner of the Seas and it leaves this Sunday. I live right by the port and it was set to go to the Mexican Riviera but I knew with the flu going around it wouldn't go so I checked to see what it was planning on doing.

It's a whole new and different itinerary that they normally don't do. It goes to Oregon, Seattle and then to Victoria BC and back to LA.

I didn't have to purchase air since I live near the port and I just couldn't pass up this fun trip. So off I go.

I've never done a last minute cruise before and it's exciting. All the planning, dreaming and excitement and only having to wait a week is wonderful.

Good for you! Have lots of fun and report back. Last minute is usually all I do. I'm talking 3 weeks prior to leaving. If it's any longer than that, I get antsy!

I also grabbed this one. RT air from Phoenix isn't too much, and it has three days at sea, which is a plus to me. Not much time to prepare, but I'll just throw some clothes in until the bag is full and off I go. :)

I also grabbed this one. RT air from Phoenix isn't too much, and it has three days at sea, which is a plus to me. Not much time to prepare, but I'll just throw some clothes in until the bag is full and off I go. :)

Well we must meet up! Having another solo on board will be nice! Are you going to the M&M or any of the other things planned on the roll call? I think I'll be going to several of them.

Do you have any excursions planned yet? I don't. I was going to purchase some but it was to late. Said I had to purchase them on the ship. Which really is fine because I'm not sure what I want to do anyway. I may end up just exploring on my own and not doing any ship excursions.

See you Sunday!

Joanne

Hey folks, anyone who is interested in Alaska...right now,

this minute on the Celebrity website is a DIRT CHEAP SAILING

(even for us solos)...seriously.....the last cruise of the season

on Mercury leaves Vancouver on Sept 13th and ends in Seattle

on Sept 21st...it is 8 nights, basically it is a repositioning cruise.

Solo, a window cabin with taxes is $927.00!!!!! (I just picked a cat 5)

other categories are even less.

And not the "bottom category" either...I know this ship

and will be on her the week before this one. I have sailed

her 6 times previously if anyone has any questions.

Just thought I would let ya'll know about it:)

Just wondering if the flights are easy to get? Haven't looked into it yet as I just read your post! Would be an awesome trip.

Just wondering if the flights are easy to get? Haven't looked into it yet as I just read your post! Would be an awesome trip.

Hi, flights? Easy...lots of airlines fly to to Seattle.

I do this..fly to Seattle the night before and take Amtrak

up to Vancouver the next morning. Did this last year

and it worked out beautifully:)

Lots of people on the train (most were cruisers:D)

AAA offers a 10% discount too. The train ride is only 27 bucks!

The scenery is awesome as well. They leave at 7:40am and

arrive in Vancouve about 11:30am.

Hi Marie,

My understanding of why cruises in the northeast are more money is that there are significantly less of them... and as a result they fill up pretty well. I wish it were the reverse. I have been told the 1a on the miracle which sails from NYC are not porthole 1A cabins. My cabin on Valor is a 1A with two portholes...I usually go balcony when I'm with my daughter...but alone it makes no sense and would be too expensive. I need a little glimmer of light and water to get by:) You are coming up on your Princess cruise soon so I hope you have fun. Is that a solo cruise? BTW I had no time with NYC port when I sailed last on the Dawn. I took train to Penn station and my daughter and I walked out to 8th avenue and got a cab up to the port....we could have walked but it was hot and we wanted to get there. I take one bag on wheels and my daughter knows if she wants to bring it ...she is responsible for carrying it....thats life :)

Hello Cherylroslyn,

Yes, my Princess cruise is coming up and yes, it is a solo!!!! I am sooooo ready!!! I have heard you can walk from New York Penn Station to the terminal in Manhattan, but not to Brooklyn....

Thanks for the heads up on porthole 1A cabin on Miracle. I am not crazy about not having a "window" but, if it means saving $300 to $400 that's ok. More other things I can do.

I also take one suitcase, with wheels of course, and a carry on. I can not bear to take a lot of "stuff". Did it once, it took me one hour to unpack, and that cuts into my fun time!!! I just don't bring as many shoes, if you know what I mean....

Keep in touch,

Regards,

NewJersey222

Marie:)

I'm NOT seeing this, not familiar with Celebrity's site, but it appears all the prices are "per person" not cabin..

Am I missing something?

I would surely do what you did solo (Alaska's the only state I've not been to!)

Just an oceanview 4094 but the Celebrity gal told me I will be back, she's just sure of it, so I can get a balcony next time maybe?

Used a FF miles ticket so this is *really* a cheap cruise!

Thanks Lois, see ya on board!