Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just an oceanview 4094 but the Celebrity gal told me I will be back, she's just sure of it, so I can get a balcony next time maybe?

Used a FF miles ticket so this is *really* a cheap cruise!

Thanks Lois, see ya on board!

You are welcome:)hope you have a wonderful time.

I am on the week before you so we won't be on the same

cruise.

Single Supplement Reduced to just 50%*

On All Interior, Oceanview & Balcony Staterooms

Single Travelers, don't miss this amazing opportunity to set sail to the exotic Caribbean for a very attractive price. Hurry this special offer expires May 31, 2009.

Well we must meet up! Having another solo on board will be nice! Are you going to the M&M or any of the other things planned on the roll call? I think I'll be going to several of them.

Do you have any excursions planned yet? I don't. I was going to purchase some but it was to late. Said I had to purchase them on the ship. Which really is fine because I'm not sure what I want to do anyway. I may end up just exploring on my own and not doing any ship excursions.

See you Sunday!

Joanne

I'll see you at the M+M; know there are other solos, and hope they have a solo lunch.

I'm waiting to see what the weather is like before deciding about what to do in ports; meeting family in Seattle.

See you Sunday,

Jo

I believe I got a great deal...I think. I got a 1A w/2 portholes on the Valor 8/30, 7 nites Western Carribean with taxes and prepaid tips $610...total. Did I do good???

You STOLE this cruise:D GREAT DEAL - Congrats:)

I just returned from sailing on the Fantasy yesterday (I will post a solo cruiser review!). When I booked my cruise, it was a five day cruise. However,due to the swine flu and Carnival avoiding the Mexican ports, they changed my cruise to a seven day :D:D!!

With my cruise changing from a seven day, my daily cost was about $86.76!!

I had an oceanview cabin midship on the Rivera.

This was also the second cruise in a row where I got money back from my cash deposit. I only spent about $75 on board! Overall, it was a great cruise and the pricing was just right!!

Until again!!

Leaving May 24, a 7-night Mediterranean aboard Norwegian Gem for only 802$ total for solo occupancy, I call that a deal (just 50$ more than pp double fare)!!! Airfare is available at 684$ return out of NYC or YUL. Here is the itinerary:

Sun Barcelona - 7:00 PM

Mon At Sea - -

Tue Valletta (Malta) 8:00 AM 3:00 PM

Wed Naples 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

Thu Rome (Civitavecchia) 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Fri Florence/Pisa (Livorno) 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Sat Cannes 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

Sun Barcelona 5:00 AM -

13-night cruise aboard Norwegian Jade for 1434$ total for a solo, this isn't a bad deal (about 50% single supplement), and I just love the itinerary. I wish I could go but I need to save my money for this fall cruise. I found airfare from NYC to London for about 650$.

Here is the itinerary:

Sun London (Southampton) - 4:00 PM

Mon Paris (Le Havre) 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Tue Falmouth 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Cork (Cobh) 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Dublin 8:00 AM 8:30 PM

Fri Belfast 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Glasgow (Greenock) 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sun At Sea - -

Mon Inverness (Invergordon) 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Tue Edinburgh (South Queensferry) 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Wed At Sea - -

Thu Amsterdam 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri Brussels / Brugge (Zeebrugge) 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Sat London (Southampton) 5:00 AM -

Seems like the 2 deals I posted are now gone, I hope it's because way too many of you took advantage of the great solo price :)

I wonder if it was a mistake and they corrected it or if they just sold more cabins and don't need solos so badly to fill them.

Leaving May 24, a 7-night Mediterranean aboard Norwegian Gem for only 802$ total for solo occupancy, I call that a deal (just 50$ more than pp double fare)!!! Airfare is available at 684$ return out of NYC or YUL. Here is the itinerary:

Sun Barcelona - 7:00 PM

Mon At Sea - -

Tue Valletta (Malta) 8:00 AM 3:00 PM

Wed Naples 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

Thu Rome (Civitavecchia) 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Fri Florence/Pisa (Livorno) 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Sat Cannes 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

Sun Barcelona 5:00 AM -

Sounds very nice, I love Rome and Florence. Next time I will skip Pisa since I have seen the Leaning Tower and that is really the only big draw.

Hi all. I just booked a single occupancy cabin, OCEANVIEW, senior rate, on 7 night RCI Serenade of the Seas, 12-12-09, for just shy of $750 including taxes. :D

It's a good Caribbean itinerary, port intensive for those who like that (I do): San Juan - St. Thomas - St. Croix - St. Kitts - Dominica - Barbados - sea day - San Juan.

The ship will be decorated for the holidays too. :)

Hi Ryan, great price:)

Actually that is so low because it is 2 weeks BEFORE the holidays;)

Whenever I look at December sailings I always find early in the

month is really good:D...the actual Holiday Sailings are sky high:eek:

Hi Ryan, great price:)

Actually that is so low because it is 2 weeks BEFORE the holidays;)

Whenever I look at December sailings I always find early in the

month is really good:D...the actual Holiday Sailings are sky high:eek:

I guess you're right ... sorry if my post is misleading.

I consider it "the Holidays" from Halloween to New Year's Day. ;)

Please bear with me. This post may be long as I'm commenting/asking questions which I have long not commented upon/asked.

I still chuckle at a post "cruisinryan" made some time ago. (Can't find it right now ... I wish this board had a feature whereby one could see all posts made by a particular user. If it does, I can't find it.) Basically Ryan said: please quit using this thread as a chat room! You know, one person says "I'm going on cruise X" and others reply "I wish I could go but I have to work/can't get the time off/I'll be on another cruise at that time, but have a good time anyway."

I, too, feel the same as Ryan's post implied. I come to this thread for information. But, LOL, we all know "chat" is an inherent feature of *any* message board (be it about cruises, computing, medical issues, product reviews, or any one of a zillion others).

That said, onward....

Having been single and a cruise lover for a long time I cannot figure out, for the life of me, why nobody seems to market to singles. (Yes, I know there are "single's cruises" but that's not what I'm talking about.) For many years I have subscribed to - and received emails from - a host of cruise companies. Not a single one caters to singles. Why? Is there simply no profit in booking a cruise for one person?

I've been a member of Cruise Critic for a long, long time. For some reason which I still cannot understand although it has been discussed ad nauseam: why is CC adamant about NOT allowing messages searching for roommates? In years past, I had my theories. But I don't think those hold true. Is it a legal/liability issue? I have yet to read anything which fully explains it. (Not that I'm looking for a roommate. Just wondering.)

Why is it so difficult to find a great single-occupancy deal? My impression is, from what I've read here and elsewhere, the most common way involves: going to a cruise web site, search by ship, search by date, and enter "1" as number or cruiser(s), and see what rate pops up. Given there are a dozen cruise lines, each with a dozen ships, each with 100 dates this doesn't seem like a very efficient way to find what we, as singles, seek. (12 X 12 X 100 = 14,400 searches.)

Again, I wonder, why doesn't someone start a travel agency - and seek out these deals - just for singles?

Well, that is at least a part of my years-long rant. Thanks for listening.

BTW, I continue to seek my dream: 10 day cruise, balcony, single, under $1000. Am I dreaming ... or having a nightmare?

BTW, I continue to seek my dream: 10 day cruise, balcony, single, under $1000. Am I dreaming ... or having a nightmare?

Hi! Wanted to give you hope: I just did an 11-day TA (Miami-Dover) in a single balcony for $950 on NCL Jewel. I also paid under $600 for an OCV for 9-day Barcelona-NY on NCL Gem 1-1/2 years ago.

Since you've been on CC for a long time, I'm sure you know this, but repos and TA's have the best deals. Also off-season cruises and those with less port stops are cheaper; and prices lower after final payment. After you book, make sure you keep checking $$ for your cruise; you can often get upgrade and/or obc.

It looks like you cruise Holland often; it's my understanding they're pretty good $ for singles.

Even if you already know this, it may be helpful for those solos that are new to CC.

Happy cruising!

Hello Love2Cruise4Less,

I happen to agree with most of what you say. My opinion is that there must not be much $$ for solo cruising. I am sailing in one week and have not heard from the Travel Agent that I booked with, and had to call her for my final payment. I am interested in different threads with CC and (no offense) people get into all kinds of personal things, health, jobs, etc.

This thread has shared much information and I am glad Ryan started it.

Happy cruising,

NewJersey222

Marie

Next Up: Caribbean Princess May 24, 2009!!!!:D

Having been single and a cruise lover for a long time I cannot figure out, for the life of me, why nobody seems to market to singles. (Yes, I know there are "single's cruises" but that's not what I'm talking about.) For many years I have subscribed to - and received emails from - a host of cruise companies. Not a single one caters to singles. Why? Is there simply no profit in booking a cruise for one person?

I've been a member of Cruise Critic for a long, long time. For some reason which I still cannot understand although it has been discussed ad nauseam: why is CC adamant about NOT allowing messages searching for roommates? In years past, I had my theories. But I don't think those hold true. Is it a legal/liability issue? I have yet to read anything which fully explains it. (Not that I'm looking for a roommate. Just wondering.)

Why is it so difficult to find a great single-occupancy deal? My impression is, from what I've read here and elsewhere, the most common way involves: going to a cruise web site, search by ship, search by date, and enter "1" as number or cruiser(s), and see what rate pops up. Given there are a dozen cruise lines, each with a dozen ships, each with 100 dates this doesn't seem like a very efficient way to find what we, as singles, seek. (12 X 12 X 100 = 14,400 searches.)

Again, I wonder, why doesn't someone start a travel agency - and seek out these deals - just for singles?

In Australia, we have a travel agency for seniors, with a cruise section, which includes a singles club, where they try to match solo cruisers together.

I'm NOT seeing this, not familiar with Celebrity's site, but it appears all the prices are "per person" not cabin..

Am I missing something?

I would surely do what you did solo (Alaska's the only state I've not been to!)

I wonder if it's still available?:rolleyes:

You STOLE this cruise:D GREAT DEAL - Congrats:)

That's what I thought too....I have to remember I'm only paying for 1 so it's a little higher.....

I am on the hunt again. Looking for E. Carribean for next year. Any suggestions?

Well, I kind of "hinted" at this question in a prior post but not finding any answers I'll just ask it....

How does one find good/great single suppliment deals (besides hoping/wishing more were posted in this thread!)? As I mentioned, also in a previous post, it doesn't seem like any online TA's ever include single suppliment information in their emails.

From a number of messages I've read I conclude that to find single's rates one has to - one by one - check every cruise line, every ship, and every sailing date. That could take months! Is that the best/only way?

Please remember the title of this thread, "CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here". The topic is bargains offered by the CRUISE LINES... not travel agents/agencies or group cruises. Posts have been removed since they violated the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic membership.

Per the Guidelines:

Advertising Is Not Allowed On Cruise Critic

Cruise Critic has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards...

...There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts will result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Other Cruise & Travel Sites

Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic.

Additionally, we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites.

Miscellaneous

Basically, an ad is an ad. So, please no posting of "looking for roommate" type posts, tour shares (except in ROLL CALL threads), giveaways, ebay links, etc. etc.

Member Cruises

Cruise Critic recognizes that our Community Members like to meet each other on board their cruises by planning a Group Cruise. We encourage our members to do so. To assist you in planning your cruise, please avail yourself of Cruise Critic's Member Cruise Program.

Decision-making discussions regarding the 'who, what, where, & when' of your group cruise are welcomed on all forums. After booking through our Program, you may continue answering questions about your group cruise on any forum here at Cruise Critic. All members booked on a Cruise Critic groups may include links and pictures to the group cruise information in their signatures. However, those booked should frequent the special forum set up just for your cruise to have "fun" until you sail!

We respectfully request that forums set up for our Member Cruises be frequently only by those who have booked the sailing.

Only official Cruise Critic Group Cruises may be promoted anywhere on our cruise forums. This includes graphics, links, banners and references to any non-Cruise Critic Group Cruise. Any promotional material posted on the forums about non-Cruise Critic Group Cruises will be removed without notice.

Final Note

Cruise Critic is a privately-owned Company and your participation within our Community is a privilege, not a right. Management reserves the right to take action against any member who is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption or consistently violates our Community Guidelines. This action will result in the complete banning of your username, e-mail address and IP address. All decisions regarding removal of posting privileges are made on a case-by-case basis, and shall remain final.

Here is a previous Announcement from our Community Manager, LauraS, that may help explain further:

The third-party recommendation of travel agents and agencies is not allowed on Cruise Critic's Message Board forums.

Posts recommending (or warning against) travel agents, travel agencies, cruise-only agencies, travel/cruise brokers, or Personal Cruise Consultants at any cruise line, or any other source where consumer can purchase travel will be removed from the boards. This also includes any comments included in signatures requesting members to e-mail you for information about your travel agencies.

Additionally, posts by members requesting such information will be removed, so please don't ask.

However, the general discussion of the merits of using a BRICK AND MORTAR AGENCY vs. an INTERNET CRUISE AGENCY vs. purchasing from the CRUISE LINE DIRECTLY will be allowed. No recommendations for any travel source will be allowed.

Travel agents who participate on the boards are encouraged to include their company name in their signature. We believe it is in our member's best interest to know which members are travel agents -- so you can best judge the content of their posts. Travel agents may not include contact information of any kind any where in their posts or profiles on Cruise Critic. (Travel Agents may not request members to e-mail them for information, or include contact information of any kind in their signatures or posts). Finally, Cruise Critic reserves the right to rescind the above in the event travel agents/agencies abuse this privilege.

We anticipate your cooperation, and thank you for your participation.

Laura

Basically, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the removed posts. The same applies to posts promoting non-Cruise Critic group cruises too.

082502btw_prv.gif, since it is impossible for the hosts/moderators and administration to see each post as they are posted, please help us if you see any violations of the Guidelines. Click the Report Post red triangle icon report.gif in the upper right corner on the post you want to report so the Report Post screen will open. Type your message in the message text box, then click the Send Report button. This will generate an e-mail to all hosts/moderators assigned to the forum, or all administrators if there are no hosts/moderators assigned. The e-mail will automatically show the forum name, your user name & e-mail address, post title & link, thread title & link as well as your message. Your request will be reviewed. One of the hosts/moderators assigned to the forum or administrators will take care of it when they can.

I say "when they can" because all e-mails and Report Post e-mails to Cruise Critic are answered in order of receipt. With 448,162 members as I type this reply and e-mails being received 24/7, please be patient for any reply or action.

As our Community Manager LauraS states in the Guidelines:

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you...

Also:

... You should also know that the discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will also be removed without notice. As mentioned above, all decisions regarding any action taken by management shall remain final...

And posted many places on the boards:

Questions, comments & concerns regarding the management of our message boards should be directed to: community@cruisecritic.com. Posts regarding these issues will be removed.

As I stated in the title of this post, this is a friendly reminder to all. I would hate to see this important thread closed or removed due to any further violations of the Guidelines.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

I just booked Diamond Princess southbound from Whittier to Vancouver departing June 27, 2009 for $742.05 single supplement inside cabin, including gov. taxes and $54 transfer from Anchorage to Whittier. That is a good price for Alaska single supplement. If you want it get it quick. My TA said that they were not wanting to hold a cabin for me without $ so I think it will not last long.

I just booked Diamond Princess southbound from Whittier to Vancouver departing June 27, 2009 for $742.05 single supplement inside cabin, including gov. taxes and $54 transfer from Anchorage to Whittier. That is a good price for Alaska single supplement. If you want it get it quick. My TA said that they were not wanting to hold a cabin for me without $ so I think it will not last long.

Good one.:)

It appears from your signature that we have a couple of things in common. You are apparently from Texas and like cruise as much as I do.

Pat K.

True and true.

I've been looking at Alaska for bargains, but just booked Mariner early this morning. Maybe something later in summer if prices stay low.

I just put a hold on a booking for the 14 day Ultimate Alaska on RCCL Serenade of the Seas for an outside guarantee with what works out to be about a 150% single supplement. The itinerary is Vancouver up to Alaska then down the coast to San Diego. Even with taxes, etc it still comes out to well under $150/day.

It looked like balcony guarantees were also available on this sailing for about a 175% single supplement.