Some Carnival Fantasy Pics, from the dock

nolaAlive

The Fantasy looks terrible compared to it's sisters that have been done already (Inspiration and Imagination).

See

to compare.

"Imagination in HD" taken after the waterworks added and it's upgrades.

ALL 6 remaining Fantasy class ships except the two 'Is' above have the

Carnival logo strangely tagged on to the name. But the

Fantasy is a strange conglomeration, and it all looks poorly done.

Well...I will be able to tell you first hand.

Just sailed the Imagination in January after her EOF drydock and we sail on the Fantasy on Thursday!

The Fantasy looks terrible compared to it's sisters that have been done already (Inspiration and Imagination).

I think that is a bit of an exaggeration. I didn't have a high advantage point to take pictures from and twilight covers up all kinds of imperfections.

They actually look about the same to me once they finish the Fantasy upgrade.

For example, furniture was one of the things they were loading on:

http://www.colber.it/cruiseship.html

IMG_2823.JPG

MMMMmmmm New Orleans food. I was there a year ago! Which restaurant had the Shrimp and Grits in your photo?? I had the shrimp and grits at NOLA and they were wonderful, but those looked good too? Can't wait to go back to New Orleans and have the chargrilled oysters at the Acme!

MMMMmmmm New Orleans food. I was there a year ago! Which restaurant had the Shrimp and Grits in your photo?? I had the shrimp and grits at NOLA and they were wonderful, but those looked good too? Can't wait to go back to New Orleans and have the chargrilled oysters at the Acme!

From Galatoire's Bistro in Baton Rouge.

Just had an overstuffed oyster po-boy peacemaker style at the relatively new Acme Oyster in Baton Rouge. Mmmmmm.

Pictures from there will need to wait a while.

Thanks for posting these! We booked a Fantasy cruise for January and was curious to see how she looked coming out of dry dock. I agree the aft "Carnival" lettering looks a bit odd stuck in there, but the rest of her looks wonderful! Should feel almost like sailing on her when she was new.

Tonight we're going to party like it's 1989!

On its return to Tampa from drydock, Carnival Inspiration looked much (much, much!) worse.

I hope that Carnival Fantasy doesn't have the same interior carpet situations, where large sections had no carpet (old or new) at all.

As always. . . thanks for the great photos, Bill !!! :)

I wanted to wait a few weeks after the dry dock so the bugs should be out when we cruise at the end of the month...

I cant wait, becauuse it will be like being on a new ship!!

I assume they are just painting the Carnival logo next to the ships name on the ships (getting EOF from now on) to save $$$$. Those huge letters are welded to the hull, and have to be individually removed, and new ones put in their place. I agree that it does look a little tacky though.

Other than that, I haven't seen any major bad things that stand out. Maybe I missed something? :confused:

Actually, it looks like they improved the WaterWorks a little. On the "I" ships, the new staircase that goes up to the "Funnel Deck" was tucked over on the Port side next to the Twister Slide exit. On Fantasy, it looks like they put it right in the middle which makes more sence for traffic flow.

I assume they are just painting the Carnival logo next to the ships name on the ships (getting EOF from now on) to save $$$$. Those huge letters are welded to the hull, and have to be individually removed, and new ones put in their place. I agree that it does look a little tacky though.

If you look closely at the bow, you can see the older letters in white. The original FANTASY was much larger than the current lettering.

Dave

I was pleasantly surprised to see there was an Acme Oyster House in Sandestin. Not as good as the original in NOLA but still pretty good.

I agree. We have eaten at the one in Sandestin a couple of times. Although I have to trust hubby's opinion on this one, since I don't eat seafood.

I agree. We have eaten at the one in Sandestin a couple of times. Although I have to trust hubby's opinion on this one, since I don't eat seafood.

I really should expand my horizons and try something else, but for some reason we keep going back to Acme for dinner everytime we spend the night before our cruise.

LHP-hope you and your family have a safe drive to NOLA and a wonderful cruise.

Thank you for the pictures nola. Exactly 2 months from today I'll be getting to New Orleans before my trip on the Fantasy. I can't wait, and your pictures just get me more excited about going. And get me hungry. I'm spending two nights before and one night after and I know I won't get to as many places to eat as I want to.

On its return to Tampa from dry dock, Carnival Inspiration looked much (much, much!) worse.

I hope that Carnival Fantasy doesn't have the same interior carpet situations, where large sections had no carpet (old or new) at all.

As always. . . thanks for the great photos, Bill !!! :)

That's unbelievable. I can't imagine the Airlines putting a jetliner back into service after a major check with the carpeting missing.

Is the problem here that the Cruise lines are not allotting enough time for the dry dock work? It doesn't seem fair to the customers taking the first cruise after a ship comes out of dry dock.

Archived