Honeymoon registry....some idea?

Esmerelda

Ok...I need help here. I know this probably should be posted on the honeymoon/wedding area but that seems to be less traveled than this area here so here goes.

I am currently working on a honeymoon registry for my upcoming May wedding. In case any of you aren't familiar, instead of registering at a store for houseware type gifts...this is a registry for your honeymoon and its a super idea! We are sailing on the Miracle 05/05.

What I have so far is: excursions at the 3 ports, pictures onboard, wine on board, drink tickets, massages, cabin decorations, Nick/Nora's supper club, transportation to/from airport, snorkling gear, phone calls/internet time to check on family (my kids to be exact), shopping, gambling, tips, film/video tapes/batteries, shopping at ports, speciality coffee onboard, fruit plus basket for our room, and a just married set/Carnival. Can you think of anything else that we could add to the registry? Keep in mind these are things that are extra that we have to pay for. (we already have paid for the cruise itself and I am also getting the airfare ahead of time).

We are combining two households so we need nothing for a home and we thought this was a super idea.

all help appreciated,

Esmerelda

Ok...

We are combining two households so we need nothing for a home and we thought this was a super idea. Esmerelda

That is a novel idea. I can't think of anything else to add but I would remove the fruit basket. You can get all the fruit you want onboard for free and take it back to your cabin.

Onboard credit is always great. You can purchase anything you want that way including spa treatments, gifts, photos, drinks, etc. You can end up with duplicates if you don't watch out. The Bon Voyage department doesn't keep track of what has been ordered. Bathrobes are also great and actually very nice. We have one now and the DH loves it!

I agree with it being hard to track... you will likely get duplicates and then what will you do? Especially if you get duplicate excursions, LOL... Funship dollars are a good idea... but then again, you may get way more than you need... Maybe just limit this to immediate family? And then have a stock the BBQ, or stock the Bar shower when you get home :D

Try looking here and you may get some ideas... http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx

Congrats and enjoy your cruise!

You could have one person be your contact person. This person could track what has been purchased by whom. That way you won't get too much of a good thing. Give this person a list of the items with prices and put a limit (or not) to certain items. For example - only one chocolate covered strawberries set-up, 4 photo coupon sets, unlimited drink coupons, etc.....

One problem is the excursions - since these can not be booked ahead of time through Carnival. Actually they are almost always cheaper on your own. I'm not sure which ports the Miracle visits - but you could give the name of a tour operator for the tours you wish to do on each island - coordinated through your contact person. The contact person should advise you a couple weeks in advance if a tour has not been arranged so you have time to arrange it yourself if needed.

In addition - the coordinator should have each person include a copy of the confirmation in an envelope (with the wedding card) - that way if anything is missing it can be accounted for while on the ship.

Hope this helps.

just so as to clear up any confusion on the honeymoon registry....

I list out what the gift is...example:

spa/massages $75.00 2 are needed

bottle of blush wine $23.00 1 needed

Cozumel excursion $100 2 are needed

etc.

Basically, we receive a check at the end with a list of what each party paid for. I plan on taking a photo of each thing and sending it with my thank you cards to all. (we are using thehoneymoon.com if you'd like to check it out) If we just get Carnival fun ship dollars...we can't use them off the ship which is not a good thing to me because we plan on doing lots off the boat also.

I was just trying to come up with ideas of what we have to pay for extra but you guys are correct. I will forgo the fruit basket...lol

Esmerelda :)

Gee, this is a great idea. Hmmmmm, perhaps I need to make a Christmas Gift registry, Birthday Gift registry and Anniversary Gift registry for myself. I need more cruises.

Congratulations on your pending wedding. Sounds like you've got everything well-planned.

That is a novel idea. I can't think of anything else to add but I would remove the fruit basket. You can get all the fruit you want onboard for free and take it back to your cabin.

Ditto, my daughter got me one as a Christmas Present. I told after while I REALLY appreciated the thought, She should use her money on something else. When she goes I'll give drink coupons:)

Archived