Shoe help

vfb2girls

I am going on a Carribean cruise this November and was wondering what type of shoe should I buy to wear on the beach and around the ship's pool? I usually wear Croc's but that is around my home and out fishing and I want something a little more dressy but not to dressy, hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help.

I would love to hear what to wear around the ship's pool too. I read somewhere on the board that it can get slippery around the pool. I have only walked on sand barefooted once in my life. I'm flat-foot so I personally didn't like walking on the sand barefoot, so I went out and bought some keens water sandals that were on sale half off. I have read from others on the board that some of them were flipflops on the beach. I may end up wearing my keens around the ship pool too.

Erica

Flip-flops of all different colors and styles. I have Fit-flops that I love! I have croc flip flops that are squishy (as crocs are) but rather sloppy as flip flops, really wide. I also have Havianas and love them. It's so much easier to kick them off and slip them on to wander around for food, or whatever.

I hate wearing flip-flops, no matter how much I try to get use to them I hate the strap between my toes, so flip flops are not an option. As far as beach shoes are you refering to water shoes? I may just have to break down and wear my stupid crocs for the beach. I will look online for some rubber soled sandels for the cruise decks, from what I uderstand it can get pretty slippery on them. Thanks for the suggestions.

They have "flip-flops" that just have a slide toe--not the "thong" thing! I know the crocs are "comfy", but they are so big and bulky! With a swimsuit, some other style of sandal may look better! They don't have to be expensive. Most folks will just be wearing cheap flip-flops!!!

Hi Veronica! these are the ones I will be wearing for the beach and around the pool. They are comfortable for walking. I would like to bring a pair of danskos that I have but they have a bigger sole and take up more space so the birkies win.http://www.birkenstockusa.com/products/women/sandals/florida/high-arch-footbed-cocoa-nubuck/45496

kelly

I don't like flip-flops, but I wear some kind of slide-type sandal around the pool deck; probably will be my Merrill slides because they are at least fairly comfortable for my bad feet.

Are your Keens the type with lots of straps? The only reason I wouldn't wear that kind is that they take time to get on and off, and I like to just slip my shoes on quickly.

Mostly any type of sandals, flip-flops, or slides with a non-slick sole would work well. I usually wear tevas for the beach, or my Merrill slides, which can also get wet.

Well after I went through my closet I did fine a pair of sandels that will work around the ship, they are not waterproof but I don't think thar will be much of a problem. And if they get wet I will just toss them after my vacation, it will give me the perfect excuse to buy some ne sandels. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I usually bring my Merrells along - the nice thing is that you can take off the back strap and turn them into slides for around the pool. If you're going on a shore excursion, put the back straps back on and you've got a good walking sandal. They've taken me through the Caribbean, the Mediterranean and all over the place during the summer.

33062.jpg

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

vfb2girls: The Merrells are on the merrellcanada.com website under the Spring and Summer 2008 tab. I was fortunate to pick mine up at a sidewalk sale for about $45. I would gladly pay twice that for the comfort they provide.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Archived