Covered or Uncovered - Baja Balconies?

LegalEagle2012

After trying to access the search facility on here for four days and finding it is still unavailable, I thought I would see if any of you seasoned Princess cruisers can answer my question?

Are midships balconies on Baja Deck (11) on the Crown Princess covered or uncovered - I have read conflicting reports.

Thanks in anticipation

Karen

yes both aloha and baja decks have fully covered balconies,and the caribe deck has half covered and half uncovered,hope this helps you,and have a good time on your cruise:):D

As the other have said, yes they are fully covered, the one's on the Caribe deck are half covered, but the are twice the size of the ones on the Aloha and Baja decks.

To SassyRedHat,

Yes - Golden is same basic ship class as Crown Princess - ship is tiered like a wedding cake so higher deck balconies provide ceiling cover on balconies below from Lido down to Caribe level. Caribe balconies are twice as deep as the balconies above (sized 9 ft wide x 9 ft deep) and the extra balcony space from Caribe above allows the cabin interior to be larger for the mini-suite cabins on Dolphin. Because of this, Dolphin balconies have no ceiling overhang.

Many thanks for the responses. I had received differing information from someone who had just cruised on the Crown and wanted to get it right.

As we are cruising to Norway and Iceland we are more than happy with a smaller covered balcony.

K

I just got off the Crown October 5th and I was in a balcony cabin on Baja. Fully covered and very happy, since we too did the cooooooooollllllllllddddd Baltic.

Pia

After trying to access the search facility on here for four days and finding it is still unavailable, I thought I would see if any of you seasoned Princess cruisers can answer my question?

Are midships balconies on Baja Deck (11) on the Crown Princess covered or uncovered - I have read conflicting reports.

Thanks in anticipation

Karen

I have been using the search function for the last 4 days. I found out if you just put in maybe two words such as Baja balconies and not Baja balconies on the Crown all sorts of info comes up. I just did a test on this. If you add the word Crown the site has so many threads to pull up and the word Crown is in alot of them. So maybe for future use just use 2-3 words. Hope this helps.

marilyn

Hi - does this apply to The Grand Princess too? Many thanks for any responses.

All the Grand Class ships have the same tiered design creating covered balconies on all levels above Caribe. This includes: Grand, Golden, Sapphire, Diamond, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess.

Yes it doe's, we always stay on the Carib deck so we have the half covered, half uncovered balcony and the fact that the balcony is twice the size of a normal balcony.

For reference we always try and stay in C704, it has become our cabin, close enough to the elevators so a mad dash in the mornings to the buffet is easy, but far enough away that you don't hear any noise from the lobby area.

Archived